Let’s Arm Teachers. Yeah, That’s a Peachy Idea (Eye Roll)

I once went to a shooting range with a friend of mine who was in the secret service. My shooting was far more accurate than his, and I had not touched a weapon since I was a teenager. He really got pissed off when he couldn't beat my accuracy.

Shooting just isn't that hard. Even a snowflake can learn to handle a weapon.
You & Trump are so ignorant.

You think the shooter will just stand there with a sin that says " I am the shooter" & wait to get shot.

There are kids & teachers & a gun that will shoot you first.
Why do you pos always bring up Trump? And, secondly, do you ever know what you are blubbering about? Ever?

Trump has the same thinking. If a person knows how to shoot a gun, he is qualified to school security.

Do you know why there are SWAT units. The training involved? Evidently not.
Only libtard fanatics ask a question and then answering it. But were there any swat units at the school to protect the kids? When you tolls blubber on about training and what ever that tells me all you want if status quo and not do a goddam thing to keep these kids safe. There is NOTHING wrong with a responsible person being armed.

Jesus fuck, you are an idiot.Why do they train SWAT? Because these shooter situations are difficult with lots of potentially bad outcomes.

Don;'t put an armed person in a school if the person does not know what to do in these situations. People running around with guns & know one knows which one is the shooter. Fucking brilliant.
I'd rather have a teacher armed with their guns and them knowing how to use it in case they are in a guaranteed death situation. A situation you want the keep the same! I want them to have a chance to live and your only answer is the to rail against it. By your sick evil twisted logic, no one should have a spare tire or have an extra key. Just call someone to bring you one and if you die before they get their well, too bad, call for more key and tire bans.

Had someone had a gun the shooter would have been dropped.

In this case, balls would have been enough. The security apparently was too ball-less to confront the shooter.

Stop going after people's rights because your heroes completely sucked at preventing the shooting.
Wrong.

Obviously you know nothing about shooting pistols, the training and experience required, and the inherent difficulty involved in being even moderately accurate.
I once went to a shooting range with a friend of mine who was in the secret service. My shooting was far more accurate than his, and I had not touched a weapon since I was a teenager. He really got pissed off when he couldn't beat my accuracy.

You think the shooter will just stand there with a sin that says " I am the shooter" & wait to get shot.

So you think it would be better if the shooter was free to gun you down?

You're a fucking idiot.

First of all there is nothing mysterious about an AR 15 just because it is black and of a configuration that the sissy left finds terrifying. It is semi-automatic and like any rifle, rather difficult to maneuver in tight quarters compared to a handgun. Two or three or half a dozen Police Officers armed with 14 round .40 or 9mm handguns or short barreled semi-automatic shotguns are far more potent and (hopefully) better trained than a teenage maniac with a semi-auto rifle equipped with a ten round magazine. If they refuse to engage the subject all bets are off. It should be noted that it was a female Officer who took down the jihad Major who killed 12 and wounded about 30 of his own men, and a female Officer was part of the team that took down the manic who opened fire on a republican baseball team with a semi-automatic rifle last spring.

Did you have a point???
An AR is capable of having high capacity clips. Most mass killings in this country used assault rivles with high capacity clips. That makes the gun quite different from most.
Most semi auto rifles are sporting guns, meant to be accurate at longer ranges. They give up little, in terms of accuracy, to a quality bolt action gun.
But a AR, or any other "assault rifle" has a couple of really different characteristics. Like really high capacity clips that can be installed in a very few seconds. So you can fir hundreds of rounds in a very little time. Short barrels allow them to be aimed quickly. So, if you think about it, if you are someone trying to go up against a shooter with an AR, and you are armed with a service revolver, or even a Glock or similar, then you are at a heavy disadvantage.
First, few shooters can fire a pistol in calm conditions accurately. Add a longer distance to the target, say 60 plus feet, and you need to be really, really good to hit anything fatal. And, if you factor in adrenalin, your chances are extremely poor.
Thin, there is the whole thing of shooting 9MM to 40 Cal bullets, that make a .75 inch path through whatever they hit. Compare that to a .223, which leaves a 4 Inch path through what it hits. So, think for a minute. Time after time, in crowded agendas, mass killings occur. And the NRA says send in the local guard, or whatever. Never, ever works. And never will

If you ever have a chance to listen to instructors who train shooters to protect in these type of events, they will tell you that if you arm other than EXTREMELY experienced guards, you wil simply increase the number of people killed. And they will be glad to tell you why.
Though I am sure you co not want to know.

You don't know that any semiautomatic rifle that accepts external MAGAZINES (not clips) can accept a 30 round MAGAZINE do you?

You don't know that all types of rifles combined are used in about 2% of all murders do you?

You don't know that mass shootings only account for about 1% of all murders do you?
Wow Good to know. Lets ignore the slaughter of our children in schools.

That's exactly what you want to do.

Had someone had a gun the shooter would have been dropped.

In this case, balls would have been enough. The security apparently was too ball-less to confront the shooter.

Stop going after people's rights because your heroes completely sucked at preventing the shooting.
Wrong.

Obviously you know nothing about shooting pistols, the training and experience required, and the inherent difficulty involved in being even moderately accurate.

The gun will shoot me first, huh? Can the gun be talked out if it? Can the gun be reasoned with? Does the gun brood before he shoots me first?

Whenever a mass shooting occurs, the first words out of the mouths of conservatives is, “We need more guns in the hands of civilians.” Or something like it.

It’s that unreasonable conservative mind-set, that forces them to believe the fairy tale that untrained civilians know instinctively, where the gunfire is located, immediately recognize the individual(s) doing the shooting, and have the steel nerves and iron will to confront and kill the shooter(s), without hesitation or concern for their own safety.

What so often proves this unreasonable mind-set of the conservatives to be a total fantasy is the choice by trained law enforcement officers to avoid exacerbating an already uncontrolled situation. This can be seen no better than in the shooting incident last week at Florida’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

In addition to the school resource officer from the Broward County Sheriff’s office Scot Peterson, Coral Springs police officers arriving at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, found three additional Broward County Sheriff’s Deputies who had not yet entered the building.

Sadly, these four men apparently remained outside while directing Coral Springs police officers to the building where the shooting took place, even as the Coral Springs officers entered, joined by two newly arrived Broward County Deputies.

It is likely there will be a whitewash of this incident as “Sources cautioned that tapes are currently being reviewed and official accounts could ultimately differ from recollections of officers on the scene.” Gotta CYA to protect the county and themselves from the inevitable lawsuits.

But the coming whitewash aside, this again proves that “Rambo” instinct, which most conservatives are certain they posses, is a fairy tale they use to fool themselves.

As it turns out, Deputy Peterson was eligible for retirement. So one must wonder if that didn’t enter into his decision to remain outside. He had, after all, survived his career in law enforcement long enough to retire from the Sheriff’s Department. Like Peterson, the three other deputies could very well have had second thoughts, making them unsure of the results were they to rush headlong into the unknown.

Conservatives who are certain they have that “Rambo” instinct, like to think they are courageous hero-types and are capable of single-handedly saving the day. But, there is a good reason law enforcement agencies have SWAT teams. The officers who are members of these teams train and retrain regularly. They wear protective gear, have available to them fully automatic weapons, are experts in their use, and in the use of other military-style equipment.

The four experienced officers who were armed with only pistols chose caution and did not rush into the unknown situation. But, conservatives expect teachers armed only with pistols and minimal training to jump in and face killers firing their AR-15s at anything that moves.

It’s unfortunate these conservatives calling for the arming of teachers are so certain of this “Rambo” instinct. If it does exist, it does so only in a tiny, tiny percentage of regular citizens (most of whom must have death wishes).

As people of reason know, these conservatives are nothing more than “keyboard warriors”. They are brave beyond all else, but only when safely typing their attacks, anonymously. The truth is, they are too old, or too fat, or are out of shape, or too slow and crippled-up, or would freeze in fear, or any combination there of, to truly be the heroes they’ve convinced themselves they would be. They are the “Monday morning quarterbacks” of mass shooting response, and all of them would hesitate or totally freeze when called upon to weigh the threat of their own death against defending strangers. Just as the four Broward County Deputies did. No Rambos there.

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, in the conservatives' responses to this thread we can expect only their typical nonsense, denial, alternate facts, and off-topic silliness. (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, memes, etc.), to which any reply is a waste of time.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/coward-sheriffs-deputy-one-four-12079659

Imagine your teacher is 5 foot 2 inches and weighs not very much at all, and has a gun in her pocket. Two boys come at her, one from in front, one from behind.

Is she going to get to her gun and pull it out on them? Probably not. She might. Then what? Teacher pulls gun out on students shock horror.

So she doesn't take the gun out, but one of the boys takes the gun from her, then points it at the class.

Is this really the sort of thing people want in their schools?

Texas, Utah, Oklahoma, Colorado all allow teachers to carry. 18 more allow adults who have carry permits with approval from school officials.
As far as I know, there hasn't been a scenario that you describe.

Allows teachers to carry, doesn't force them to carry, which seemed to be what Trump was saying, right?

Exactly. They want to cover the very likely scenario of a teacher protecting the children in their classroom. There's usually one relatively small door through which the shooter has to enter. No one's supposed to be Rambo.

Look, I've been a kid in school classrooms, I've been in classrooms with nasty little fuckers who wouldn't think twice about taking a gun.

Yes, you're so fucking concerned about children getting shot up. But they're not getting shot up in the UK, or France, or Germany, or Spain, they're getting shot up in the US, and the only difference between those countries in this regard, is the easy availability of guns in the US.
oh well, sucks to be them.

I'd rather have a teacher armed with their guns and them knowing how to use it in case they are in a guaranteed death situation.
Wait a minute! I thought you idiots hated teachers --- because they are all filling our children's heads with dirty liberal thoughts --- but now you want to arm them

Hey let's ban the Ar 15 the most popular rifle in the country so that no more schools will be shot up.

2 weeks later a piece of shit shoots up a school with the second most popular semiautomatic rifle in the country

Then ban that one so no more schools will get shot up

Another crisis averted

Then some piece of shit shoots up a school with a couple sawed off shotguns and a dozen hand guns

But hey at least those kids didn't get killed with a rifle
The talk is to ban them all those semi-automatic rifles.. Quit being such an ass.

They will have to use something else & the body count will be less.
You want to ban 3/4 of all firearms in the country. That would put an end to the 2nd Amendment.

Why do you pos always bring up Trump? And, secondly, do you ever know what you are blubbering about? Ever?

Trump has the same thinking. If a person knows how to shoot a gun, he is qualified to school security.

Only libtard fanatics ask a question and then answering it. But were there any swat units at the school to protect the kids? When you tolls blubber on about training and what ever that tells me all you want if status quo and not do a goddam thing to keep these kids safe. There is NOTHING wrong with a responsible person being armed.

Jesus fuck, you are an idiot.Why do they train SWAT? Because these shooter situations are difficult with lots of potentially bad outcomes.

Don;'t put an armed person in a school if the person does not know what to do in these situations. People running around with guns & know one knows which one is the shooter. Fucking brilliant.

The people being shot at know who is shooting at them, fuckstick.

I'd rather have a teacher armed with their guns and them knowing how to use it in case they are in a guaranteed death situation.
Wait a minute! I thought you idiots hated teachers --- because they are all filling our children's heads with dirty liberal thoughts --- but now you want to arm them
We don't want to arm anyone liar.

First of all there is nothing mysterious about an AR 15 just because it is black and of a configuration that the sissy left finds terrifying. It is semi-automatic and like any rifle, rather difficult to maneuver in tight quarters compared to a handgun. Two or three or half a dozen Police Officers armed with 14 round .40 or 9mm handguns or short barreled semi-automatic shotguns are far more potent and (hopefully) better trained than a teenage maniac with a semi-auto rifle equipped with a ten round magazine. If they refuse to engage the subject all bets are off. It should be noted that it was a female Officer who took down the jihad Major who killed 12 and wounded about 30 of his own men, and a female Officer was part of the team that took down the manic who opened fire on a republican baseball team with a semi-automatic rifle last spring.

Did you have a point???
An AR is capable of having high capacity clips. Most mass killings in this country used assault rivles with high capacity clips. That makes the gun quite different from most.
Most semi auto rifles are sporting guns, meant to be accurate at longer ranges. They give up little, in terms of accuracy, to a quality bolt action gun.
But a AR, or any other "assault rifle" has a couple of really different characteristics. Like really high capacity clips that can be installed in a very few seconds. So you can fir hundreds of rounds in a very little time. Short barrels allow them to be aimed quickly. So, if you think about it, if you are someone trying to go up against a shooter with an AR, and you are armed with a service revolver, or even a Glock or similar, then you are at a heavy disadvantage.
First, few shooters can fire a pistol in calm conditions accurately. Add a longer distance to the target, say 60 plus feet, and you need to be really, really good to hit anything fatal. And, if you factor in adrenalin, your chances are extremely poor.
Thin, there is the whole thing of shooting 9MM to 40 Cal bullets, that make a .75 inch path through whatever they hit. Compare that to a .223, which leaves a 4 Inch path through what it hits. So, think for a minute. Time after time, in crowded agendas, mass killings occur. And the NRA says send in the local guard, or whatever. Never, ever works. And never will

If you ever have a chance to listen to instructors who train shooters to protect in these type of events, they will tell you that if you arm other than EXTREMELY experienced guards, you wil simply increase the number of people killed. And they will be glad to tell you why.
does anyone on the left have a point other than bitch about a conservative?

And if they are armed they may just survive.

Did you have a point???

Conservatives are such morons. The only point you get is the sharp end of a pencil when your eye is itchy.

Really? You are armed & turn the corner, you see a guy with a gun. No what asswipe. Is he the shooter? Does he think you are the shooter?

Did you have a point???

Conservatives are such morons. The only point you get is the sharp end of a pencil when your eye is itchy.
and there you go!

Hey let's ban the Ar 15 the most popular rifle in the country so that no more schools will be shot up.

2 weeks later a piece of shit shoots up a school with the second most popular semiautomatic rifle in the country

Another crisis averted

Then some piece of shit shoots up a school with a couple sawed off shotguns and a dozen hand guns

The talk is to ban them all those semi-automatic rifles.. Quit being such an ass.

You want to ban 3/4 of all firearms in the country. That would put an end to the 2nd Amendment.
Semi automatics are not 3/4 of the firearms. My God.

" OMG OMG OMG I can't be armed unless I have an ART-15!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG"

Another crisis averted

Semi-automatic rifles aren't even visible when it comes to gun murder stats.

However, they are very important when protecting the country against hostile take over by the Marxists.

So, not surprisingly, the lefties want to ban the ARs... the most important thing standing in-between them and their loot / property of Americans.

right? you're world put him in front of the shooter with no way to defend him/herself is your solution. is there a difference?

Another crisis averted

Semi automatics are not 3/4 of the firearms. My God.

" OMG OMG OMG I can't be armed unless I have an ART-15!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG"
yes they are. a six shooter is a semi-automatic. you should learn the definition.

Another crisis averted

Semi-automatic rifles aren't even visible when it comes to gun murder stats.

However, they are very important when protecting the country against hostile take over by the Marxists.

So, not surprisingly, the lefties want to ban the ARs... the most important thing standing in-between them and their loot / property of Americans.
Red Dawn!!!!

I'd rather have a teacher armed with their guns and them knowing how to use it in case they are in a guaranteed death situation. A situation you want the keep the same! I want them to have a chance to live and your only answer is the to rail against it. By your sick evil twisted logic, no one should have a spare tire or have an extra key. Just call someone to bring you one and if you die before they get their well, too bad, call for more key and tire bans.
The problem is that there will be thousands of armed teachers & only a couple might be in that position.

How many deaths & injuries will occur because of those guns. How many of those guns will be taken by the students?

Forum List

Back