Let’s Arm Teachers. Yeah, That’s a Peachy Idea (Eye Roll)

Had someone had a gun the shooter would have been dropped.

In this case, balls would have been enough. The security apparently was too ball-less to confront the shooter.

Stop going after people's rights because your heroes completely sucked at preventing the shooting.
Wrong.

Obviously you know nothing about shooting pistols, the training and experience required, and the inherent difficulty involved in being even moderately accurate.
I once went to a shooting range with a friend of mine who was in the secret service. My shooting was far more accurate than his, and I had not touched a weapon since I was a teenager. He really got pissed off when he couldn't beat my accuracy.

Shooting just isn't that hard. Even a snowflake can learn to handle a weapon.
You & Trump are so ignorant.

You think the shooter will just stand there with a sin that says " I am the shooter" & wait to get shot.

There are kids & teachers & a gun that will shoot you first.

First of all there is nothing mysterious about an AR 15 just because it is black and of a configuration that the sissy left finds terrifying. It is semi-automatic and like any rifle, rather difficult to maneuver in tight quarters compared to a handgun. Two or three or half a dozen Police Officers armed with 14 round .40 or 9mm handguns or short barreled semi-automatic shotguns are far more potent and (hopefully) better trained than a teenage maniac with a semi-auto rifle equipped with a ten round magazine. If they refuse to engage the subject all bets are off. It should be noted that it was a female Officer who took down the jihad Major who killed 12 and wounded about 30 of his own men, and a female Officer was part of the team that took down the manic who opened fire on a republican baseball team with a semi-automatic rifle last spring.

Did you have a point???
An AR is capable of having high capacity clips. Most mass killings in this country used assault rivles with high capacity clips. That makes the gun quite different from most.
Most semi auto rifles are sporting guns, meant to be accurate at longer ranges. They give up little, in terms of accuracy, to a quality bolt action gun.
But a AR, or any other "assault rifle" has a couple of really different characteristics. Like really high capacity clips that can be installed in a very few seconds. So you can fir hundreds of rounds in a very little time. Short barrels allow them to be aimed quickly. So, if you think about it, if you are someone trying to go up against a shooter with an AR, and you are armed with a service revolver, or even a Glock or similar, then you are at a heavy disadvantage.
First, few shooters can fire a pistol in calm conditions accurately. Add a longer distance to the target, say 60 plus feet, and you need to be really, really good to hit anything fatal. And, if you factor in adrenalin, your chances are extremely poor.
Thin, there is the whole thing of shooting 9MM to 40 Cal bullets, that make a .75 inch path through whatever they hit. Compare that to a .223, which leaves a 4 Inch path through what it hits. So, think for a minute. Time after time, in crowded agendas, mass killings occur. And the NRA says send in the local guard, or whatever. Never, ever works. And never will

If you ever have a chance to listen to instructors who train shooters to protect in these type of events, they will tell you that if you arm other than EXTREMELY experienced guards, you wil simply increase the number of people killed. And they will be glad to tell you why.
Though I am sure you co not want to know.
What is a hi capacity clip? Is that like a high speed clip? Your wound size statement is total bullshit like all of your post.

I think it's a hair barette for people with really thick hair. Only "high capacity clip" I can think of offhand.

What a fucking ass.

In this case, balls would have been enough. The security apparently was too ball-less to confront the shooter.

Stop going after people's rights because your heroes completely sucked at preventing the shooting.
Wrong.

Obviously you know nothing about shooting pistols, the training and experience required, and the inherent difficulty involved in being even moderately accurate.
I once went to a shooting range with a friend of mine who was in the secret service. My shooting was far more accurate than his, and I had not touched a weapon since I was a teenager. He really got pissed off when he couldn't beat my accuracy.

You think the shooter will just stand there with a sin that says " I am the shooter" & wait to get shot.

Why do you pos always bring up Trump? And, secondly, do you ever know what you are blubbering about? Ever?

First of all there is nothing mysterious about an AR 15 just because it is black and of a configuration that the sissy left finds terrifying. It is semi-automatic and like any rifle, rather difficult to maneuver in tight quarters compared to a handgun. Two or three or half a dozen Police Officers armed with 14 round .40 or 9mm handguns or short barreled semi-automatic shotguns are far more potent and (hopefully) better trained than a teenage maniac with a semi-auto rifle equipped with a ten round magazine. If they refuse to engage the subject all bets are off. It should be noted that it was a female Officer who took down the jihad Major who killed 12 and wounded about 30 of his own men, and a female Officer was part of the team that took down the manic who opened fire on a republican baseball team with a semi-automatic rifle last spring.

Did you have a point???
An AR is capable of having high capacity clips. Most mass killings in this country used assault rivles with high capacity clips. That makes the gun quite different from most.
Most semi auto rifles are sporting guns, meant to be accurate at longer ranges. They give up little, in terms of accuracy, to a quality bolt action gun.
But a AR, or any other "assault rifle" has a couple of really different characteristics. Like really high capacity clips that can be installed in a very few seconds. So you can fir hundreds of rounds in a very little time. Short barrels allow them to be aimed quickly. So, if you think about it, if you are someone trying to go up against a shooter with an AR, and you are armed with a service revolver, or even a Glock or similar, then you are at a heavy disadvantage.
First, few shooters can fire a pistol in calm conditions accurately. Add a longer distance to the target, say 60 plus feet, and you need to be really, really good to hit anything fatal. And, if you factor in adrenalin, your chances are extremely poor.
Thin, there is the whole thing of shooting 9MM to 40 Cal bullets, that make a .75 inch path through whatever they hit. Compare that to a .223, which leaves a 4 Inch path through what it hits. So, think for a minute. Time after time, in crowded agendas, mass killings occur. And the NRA says send in the local guard, or whatever. Never, ever works. And never will

If you ever have a chance to listen to instructors who train shooters to protect in these type of events, they will tell you that if you arm other than EXTREMELY experienced guards, you wil simply increase the number of people killed. And they will be glad to tell you why.

You don't know that any semiautomatic rifle that accepts external MAGAZINES (not clips) can accept a 30 round MAGAZINE do you?

You don't know that all types of rifles combined are used in about 2% of all murders do you?

You don't know that mass shootings only account for about 1% of all murders do you?
Wow Good to know. Lets ignore the slaughter of our children in schools.

Wrong.

Why do you pos always bring up Trump? And, secondly, do you ever know what you are blubbering about? Ever?

Trump has the same thinking. If a person knows how to shoot a gun, he is qualified to school security.

Do you know why there are SWAT units. The training involved? Evidently not.

We can get some of the best gun instructors in the country to help teach:

5400-1519750933-f7c5afa1f914f60d718a9974e600539c.gif

5394-1519750766-54aab146776f0501d070b139bba50e7b.gif

If you think something titled "failblog.org" constitutes "best gun instructors", then your English skills are worse than I ever imagined.

You don’t know who MS13 is, or you don’t know that the Mexican drug cartel has spilled over in the United States? Where do you think all these gangs get their automatic weapons? Statistucs on stolen guns used for robberies and school shootings are on a completely different scale from that of Drug Cartels and MS13.
`
I posted about stolen guns. Nothing more. If you want to talk about MS-13, start your own thread. If you find out how many crimes they commit with stolen weapons, let me know as I have found no verifiable statistics specifying which criminal organizations use them.
`

The problem with your argument is Baltimore and Chicago both have strict gun laws, referring to your “stolen responsible gun owners” argument. Despite that, Baltimore’s murder rate that escalates towards breaking the homicide rate almost every year, from “gang” violence. While Chicago is simply out of control. There is no validity to your point that the majority of gun violence in this nation stems from guns stolen from legal gun owners. I asked you to provide proof of a direct correlation linking the acquisition of guns used in gang violence and those involved with the selling of illegal drugs, as solely stemming from stolen guns belonging to legally registered gun owners. You haven’t thus far. You wanted to use the argument that the majority of guns are the result of irresponsible legal gun owners. Your argument would be true in the case of school shooting or even crimes like convenient store robberies. Nationally? You haven’t proven that.

Did you have a point???

You don't know that any semiautomatic rifle that accepts external MAGAZINES (not clips) can accept a 30 round MAGAZINE do you?

You don't know that all types of rifles combined are used in about 2% of all murders do you?

You don't know that mass shootings only account for about 1% of all murders do you?
Wow Good to know. Lets ignore the slaughter of our children in schools.
facts are facts and the only people who don't like facts are those who want control others

And you cannot tell me how banning people from owning one specific type of semiautomatic rifle will stop school shootings can you?

And yet you never ask the question as to how the fuck do these people with guns just walk into the school whenever the fuck they please

And FYI THAT is the more important question than whether or not one specific type of rifle is banned

Wrong.

Trump has the same thinking. If a person knows how to shoot a gun, he is qualified to school security.

Only libtard fanatics ask a question and then answering it. But were there any swat units at the school to protect the kids? When you tolls blubber on about training and what ever that tells me all you want if status quo and not do a goddam thing to keep these kids safe. There is NOTHING wrong with a responsible person being armed.

Hey let's ban the Ar 15 the most popular rifle in the country so that no more schools will be shot up.

2 weeks later a piece of shit shoots up a school with the second most popular semiautomatic rifle in the country

Then ban that one so no more schools will get shot up

Another crisis averted

Then some piece of shit shoots up a school with a couple sawed off shotguns and a dozen hand guns

But hey at least those kids didn't get killed with a rifle

Hey let's ban the Ar 15 the most popular rifle in the country so that no more schools will be shot up.

2 weeks later a piece of shit shoots up a school with the second most popular semiautomatic rifle in the country

Another crisis averted

Then some piece of shit shoots up a school with a couple sawed off shotguns and a dozen hand guns

What you outline is really what the gun banning liars actually want. A total ban.

Whenever a mass shooting occurs, the first words out of the mouths of conservatives is, “We need more guns in the hands of civilians.” Or something like it.

It’s that unreasonable conservative mind-set, that forces them to believe the fairy tale that untrained civilians know instinctively, where the gunfire is located, immediately recognize the individual(s) doing the shooting, and have the steel nerves and iron will to confront and kill the shooter(s), without hesitation or concern for their own safety.

What so often proves this unreasonable mind-set of the conservatives to be a total fantasy is the choice by trained law enforcement officers to avoid exacerbating an already uncontrolled situation. This can be seen no better than in the shooting incident last week at Florida’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

In addition to the school resource officer from the Broward County Sheriff’s office Scot Peterson, Coral Springs police officers arriving at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, found three additional Broward County Sheriff’s Deputies who had not yet entered the building.

Sadly, these four men apparently remained outside while directing Coral Springs police officers to the building where the shooting took place, even as the Coral Springs officers entered, joined by two newly arrived Broward County Deputies.

It is likely there will be a whitewash of this incident as “Sources cautioned that tapes are currently being reviewed and official accounts could ultimately differ from recollections of officers on the scene.” Gotta CYA to protect the county and themselves from the inevitable lawsuits.

But the coming whitewash aside, this again proves that “Rambo” instinct, which most conservatives are certain they posses, is a fairy tale they use to fool themselves.

As it turns out, Deputy Peterson was eligible for retirement. So one must wonder if that didn’t enter into his decision to remain outside. He had, after all, survived his career in law enforcement long enough to retire from the Sheriff’s Department. Like Peterson, the three other deputies could very well have had second thoughts, making them unsure of the results were they to rush headlong into the unknown.

Conservatives who are certain they have that “Rambo” instinct, like to think they are courageous hero-types and are capable of single-handedly saving the day. But, there is a good reason law enforcement agencies have SWAT teams. The officers who are members of these teams train and retrain regularly. They wear protective gear, have available to them fully automatic weapons, are experts in their use, and in the use of other military-style equipment.

The four experienced officers who were armed with only pistols chose caution and did not rush into the unknown situation. But, conservatives expect teachers armed only with pistols and minimal training to jump in and face killers firing their AR-15s at anything that moves.

It’s unfortunate these conservatives calling for the arming of teachers are so certain of this “Rambo” instinct. If it does exist, it does so only in a tiny, tiny percentage of regular citizens (most of whom must have death wishes).

As people of reason know, these conservatives are nothing more than “keyboard warriors”. They are brave beyond all else, but only when safely typing their attacks, anonymously. The truth is, they are too old, or too fat, or are out of shape, or too slow and crippled-up, or would freeze in fear, or any combination there of, to truly be the heroes they’ve convinced themselves they would be. They are the “Monday morning quarterbacks” of mass shooting response, and all of them would hesitate or totally freeze when called upon to weigh the threat of their own death against defending strangers. Just as the four Broward County Deputies did. No Rambos there.

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, in the conservatives' responses to this thread we can expect only their typical nonsense, denial, alternate facts, and off-topic silliness. (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, memes, etc.), to which any reply is a waste of time.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/coward-sheriffs-deputy-one-four-12079659

Imagine your teacher is 5 foot 2 inches and weighs not very much at all, and has a gun in her pocket. Two boys come at her, one from in front, one from behind.

Is she going to get to her gun and pull it out on them? Probably not. She might. Then what? Teacher pulls gun out on students shock horror.

So she doesn't take the gun out, but one of the boys takes the gun from her, then points it at the class.

Is this really the sort of thing people want in their schools?

Texas, Utah, Oklahoma, Colorado all allow teachers to carry. 18 more allow adults who have carry permits with approval from school officials.
As far as I know, there hasn't been a scenario that you describe.

Allows teachers to carry, doesn't force them to carry, which seemed to be what Trump was saying, right?

No one wants to force teachers to carry.
That's a fact no matter the America hating liars say. And, we don't have to force them, many if allowed to defend themselves would gladly carry.

The problem with your argument is Baltimore and Chicago both have strict gun laws, referring to your “stolen responsible gun owners” argument. Despite that, Baltimore’s murder rate that escalates towards breaking the homicide rate almost every year, from “gang” violence. While Chicago is simply out of control. There is no validity to your point that the majority of gun violence in this nation stems from guns stolen from legal gun owners. I asked you to provide proof of a direct correlation linking the acquisition of guns used in gang violence and those involved with the selling of illegal drugs, as solely stemming from stolen guns belonging to legally registered gun owners. You haven’t thus far. You wanted to use the argument that the majority of guns are the result of irresponsible legal gun owners. Your argument would be true in the case of school shooting or even crimes like convenient store robberies. Nationally? You haven’t proven that.
`
I have no idea what you are getting at. I'm talking about national statistics and you're off on some MS-13/Chicago-Baltimore tangent. You certainly haven't made a logical argument as far as I cam tell. Maybe someone else can explain it to me. Sorry.
`

Another crisis averted

What you outline is really what the gun banning liars actually want. A total ban.

So, what you are saying, me poor ignorant con troll, is that we, in this country, are incapable of writing a law to outlaw all assault rifles. You know, like every other advanced country in the world has already done.
Are you becoming senile, or have you always been stupid?

Another crisis averted

So, what you are saying, me poor ignorant con troll, is that we, in this country, are incapable of writing a law to outlaw all assault rifles. You know, like every other advanced country in the world has already done.
Are you becoming senile, or have you always been stupid?

In Switzerland they have an actual assault rifle at every home. Switzerland is the most advanced European economy.

In USA assault rifles are very hard to get.

Please continue being retarded...

Whenever a mass shooting occurs, the first words out of the mouths of conservatives is, “We need more guns in the hands of civilians.” Or something like it.

It’s that unreasonable conservative mind-set, that forces them to believe the fairy tale that untrained civilians know instinctively, where the gunfire is located, immediately recognize the individual(s) doing the shooting, and have the steel nerves and iron will to confront and kill the shooter(s), without hesitation or concern for their own safety.

Yep. It makes as much sense as if the fire department, arriving at a burning building, responded by dousing the building with gasoline. Or a doctor, presented with an infection, telling the patient "you need more germs". You have to wonder if some people ever think anything through.

Infusing schools with guns will do four things: one, convert what is supposed to be a learning environment into a stark war-zone atmosphere, the antithesis of a learning environment; two, render far more opportunities for shootings, since all some alienated student has to do is grab a teacher's firearm away, which eliminates his need to bring arms to school; three, present far more opportunities for additional shootings by accident, by crossfire, and by unfortunate instantaneous decisions made by personnel who are by definition not made for them and want no part of it;

-- and four, it paints a bullseye on every teacher's back --- if it is believed that teachers are armed, then even if a given teacher is NOT armed and wants no part of it, that teacher becomes the shooter's FIRST target. Since a shooter by definition acts first and the teacher would be in a position of reacting, the shooter has the distinct advantage. He takes the teacher out on the theory that she's armed, leaving not only no return fire, but no adult in the room at all.

This is all comic book fantasy indulged by those with no skin in the game (i.e. no kids in school and not a teacher that would be made so vulnerable) on the basis of nothing but raw emotion without thinking through how it would work outside the comics.

The four experienced officers who were armed with only pistols chose caution and did not rush into the unknown situation. But, conservatives expect teachers armed only with pistols and minimal training to jump in and face killers firing their AR-15s at anything that moves.

Well said. More comic book fantasy. Doesn't reflect the real world at all.

Wrong.

...you see these shooting videos where people make incredible shots--they have time to aim/and or practice a lot
...they are not running, stopping, running...the target is stationary PAPER
...or I've seen shooters hit discs that are shot low to the ground---it's ejected at about the same speed and height--so the shooter knows where it will be, and practices shooting it a lot--this is ''trick'' shooting.......
...we trained for ''quick'' shooting with M16A2s where you don't use the sights
this can be done well--with training--lots of training
Listen, shooters in gun free zones, you know the places you want to remain in place, always expect defenseless people that they can kill easily. But you are twisting every truth and half truth to keep it that way! I'd bet your sorry lying ass money that the first shooter shot and killed by an armed person in a school would stop a lot of this crap!
it would be a lot better to stop the shooters from being able to shoot before they get to the school--yes??
Yeah. Best way to do that is let them know that attempting this act would not be successful.

I believe the simplest solution is usually the best solution.

Another crisis averted

The talk is to ban them all those semi-automatic rifles.. Quit being such an ass.

They will have to use something else & the body count will be less.

Wrong.

Only libtard fanatics ask a question and then answering it. But were there any swat units at the school to protect the kids? When you tolls blubber on about training and what ever that tells me all you want if status quo and not do a goddam thing to keep these kids safe. There is NOTHING wrong with a responsible person being armed.

Jesus fuck, you are an idiot.Why do they train SWAT? Because these shooter situations are difficult with lots of potentially bad outcomes.

Don;'t put an armed person in a school if the person does not know what to do in these situations. People running around with guns & know one knows which one is the shooter. Fucking brilliant.

Yep. It makes as much sense as if the fire department, arriving at a burning building, responded by dousing the building with gasoline. Or a doctor, presented with an infection, telling the patient "you need more germs". You have to wonder if some people ever think anything through.

Infusing schools with guns will do four things: one, convert what is supposed to be a learning environment into a stark war-zone atmosphere, the antithesis of a learning environment; two, render far more opportunities for shootings, since all some alienated student has to do is grab a teacher's firearm away, which eliminates his need to bring arms to school; three, present far more opportunities for additional shootings by accident, by crossfire, and by unfortunate instantaneous decisions made by personnel who are by definition not made for them and want no part of it;

-- and four, it paints a bullseye on every teacher's back --- if it is believed that teachers are armed, then even if a given teacher is NOT armed and wants no part of it, that teacher becomes the shooter's FIRST target. Since a shooter by definition acts first and the teacher would be in a position of reacting, the shooter has the distinct advantage. He takes the teacher out on the theory that she's armed, leaving not only no return fire, but no adult in the room at all.

This is all comic book fantasy indulged by those with no skin in the game (i.e. no kids in school and not a teacher that would be made so vulnerable) on the basis of nothing but raw emotion without thinking through how it would work outside the comics.

Well said. More comic book fantasy. Doesn't reflect the real world at all.
No you people just continue to smoke spin and lie. No teachers will "jump in" as the liars claim. Instead they will have a chance to live in a worst case scenario where before they just die. There's real evil in this country, and you lairs are it! You refuse to give a teacher a chance to save themselves and students. You want to keep it a no win situation. Sick!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back