LEGAL AID FUND OPENED for zimmerman by gun rights groups.

Hey guys,lets flipsides,what if,and find out,what if...zimmerman was defending himself?if evidence poibts that way,then what will you all think?i cannot prove it,but a gut instinct tells me this MAY happen.

At the time of the shooting, I'm assuming based on what I've heard that he was defending himself from physical harm.

But he started the chain of events by doing something that he shouldn't have, that's what bugs me about it. He could have played it much differently and averted the entire incident.

There in lies the rub. Had Zimmerman not confronted Martin, there would have been no problem. Once Zimmerman made contact, WHO escalated past the point of no return?
Did Zimmerman grab, push or punch Martin? Or did Martin escalate to physical violence first? How do you assign blame?

Hey guys,lets flipsides,what if,and find out,what if...zimmerman was defending himself?if evidence poibts that way,then what will you all think?i cannot prove it,but a gut instinct tells me this MAY happen.

At the time of the shooting, I'm assuming based on what I've heard that he was defending himself from physical harm.

But he started the chain of events by doing something that he shouldn't have, that's what bugs me about it. He could have played it much differently and averted the entire incident.

That bothers me. Why shouldn't a concerned neighbor follow a stranger through the neighborhood keeping an eye on him? I've watched strange people meandering through my neighborhood before and I have kept my eyes on strange cars sitting near school bus stops at pickup/drop off times.

Assuming that Trayvon Martin did nothing wrong and was just passing through, does this make me a criminal too?

Is the reason that Mr. Zimmerman is such a bad guy is that it was because Trayvon was black and that makes it obvious that Zimmerman was profiling?

Immie

If its true what the other side is saying,and A BIG IF,then he deserved what he got. Stop feeling sorry for gangers.

Just as I have said about the innocence of George Zimmerman, you have to prove to me that Trayvon Martin was a gang banger and that he physically attacked Mr. Zimmerman. The jury is still out on that. There is way too much hearsay being thrown around as evidence in this case.

Unfortunately, I am afraid that it will mean that neither one of the two people involved will get a fair trial. Trayvon Martin deserves a fair trial as does George Zimmerman. Trayvon has been accused of being the aggressor in this case. He, too, deserves his day in court and if Zimmerman did commit a crime, Trayvon deserves justice not that it will do him any good.

Immie

What the fuck are you talking about? The measured, on the fence, weigh all the evidence bullshit does not work when you are discussing a kid who is ALREADY DEAD.

Asshole.

Hiphop culture tries to train young people to try to be badasses,but,media is media and free speech is free speech.just lets all look at not the victims side,but why zimmerman did this..
believe me,in GA here,if someone broke into our home,theyd get shot first,asked after,no matter who it was.

If its true what the other side is saying,and A BIG IF,then he deserved what he got. Stop feeling sorry for gangers.

He didn't 'deserve' what he got. Looking at the facts available, it seems to be that this tragedy was a set of circumstances that either side could have, at some point, changed... but I don't see enough evidence to call anyone a criminal.... not Martin, and not Zimmerman.

Coward.

Hey guys,lets flipsides,what if,and find out,what if...zimmerman was defending himself?if evidence points that way,then what will you all think?i cannot prove it,but a gut instinct tells me this MAY happen.i do know one thing,if by any chance,its proved against the victim,the left will be proved an utter failure.

Is English your native language?

There in lies the rub. Had Zimmerman not confronted Martin, there would have been no problem. Once Zimmerman made contact, WHO escalated past the point of no return?
Did Zimmerman grab, push or punch Martin? Or did Martin escalate to physical violence first? How do you assign blame?

Unfortunately that's the big unknown.

However since again Zimmerman's contact was the starting point I feel he should bear some type of responsibility for what happened. Martin certainly did, and the general consensus seems to be that he wasn't doing anything wrong to begin with, correct me if I'm wrong.

Damn, you are sooooooo close to being logical here. Why can't you just take that next step? What is stopping you?

There should be a lot of physical evidence and we have the 911 tape. Of course, witnesses seem to be going back and forth. Honestly, I suspect a few were honest when they gave statements the night of the shooting, but now feel pressured to go along with the lynch mobs. It would take a brave person to go against the radicals who are threatening violence.

You want to play 'what ifs' here. If Zimmerman hadn't spotted TM, watched where he went and gotten out his SUV, maybe nothing would have happened. If Zimmerman hadn't had a gun, he might be dead or seriously injured. If Trayvon hadn't been suspended from school he wouldn't have been in that neighborhood.

If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.

Gee, it's fun playing the "if" game. Means nothing and we have to let investigators do their thing instead of inciting violence because some don't like the way things work.

Was Zimmerman breaking the law? We don't know who attacked first, do we? So, why sit here and expect that anyone should be a fortune teller and should have known how someone would react.

Unfortunately that's the big unknown.

However since again Zimmerman's contact was the starting point I feel he should bear some type of responsibility for what happened. Martin certainly did, and the general consensus seems to be that he wasn't doing anything wrong to begin with, correct me if I'm wrong.

One word. Change one word.

That bothers me. Why shouldn't a concerned neighbor follow a stranger through the neighborhood keeping an eye on him? I've watched strange people meandering through my neighborhood before and I have kept my eyes on strange cars sitting near school bus stops at pickup/drop off times.

Assuming that Trayvon Martin did nothing wrong and was just passing through, does this make me a criminal too?

Is the reason that Mr. Zimmerman is such a bad guy is that it was because Trayvon was black and that makes it obvious that Zimmerman was profiling?

Immie

If I just had to guess, and it's based on my own life experiences, I'd bet that if Martin was white he may not have come off as suspicious...but maybe I'm wrong, I don't know Zimmerman personally.

As far as keeping an eye on suspicious activity, no, I don't see a problem with a little added vigilance to keep your surroundings safe...but there are right and wrong ways to do it.

It seems to me Zimmerman could have stayed in his vehicle and drove to keep an eye on him while he waited for already dispatched police to do their job...interact with crimes in progress or suspicious activity.

If I randomly followed 10 people in the way Zimmerman did in the city I reside in, I would be shocked if at least 5 of them didn't confront me about it. This is why you don't play policeman if you aren't one, unless you have no choice, which he did have.

Last edited:

There should be a lot of physical evidence and we have the 911 tape. Of course, witnesses seem to be going back and forth. Honestly, I suspect a few were honest when they gave statements the night of the shooting, but now feel pressured to go along with the lynch mobs. It would take a brave person to go against the radicals who are threatening violence.

You want to play 'what ifs' here. If Zimmerman hadn't spotted TM, watched where he went and gotten out his SUV, maybe nothing would have happened. If Zimmerman hadn't had a gun, he might be dead or seriously injured. If Trayvon hadn't been suspended from school he wouldn't have been in that neighborhood.

If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.

Gee, it's fun playing the "if" game. Means nothing and we have to let investigators do their thing instead of inciting violence because some don't like the way things work.

Was Zimmerman breaking the law? We don't know who attacked first, do we? So, why sit here and expect that anyone should be a fortune teller and should have known how someone would react.

Blue: True

Red: Insane

I'm sure a bunch of sex offenders contributed to bill clinton's legal defense fund, but Libs just hate a second amendment advocacy group...

That is not deflection, is it?

I guess it was, but it kind of absurdly points out that different groups might support different actions.
One advocacy group might support what you would consider abhorrent behavior and another, something I find distasteful.

If I just had to guess, and it's based on my own life experiences, I'd bet that if Martin was white he may not have come off as suspicious...but maybe I'm wrong, I don't know Zimmerman personally.

The number and ethno-diversity of his substantial known 911 call activity do not support this.

It seems to me Zimmerman could have stayed in his vehicle and drove to keep an eye on him while he waited for already dispatched police to do their job...interact with crimes in progress or suspicious activity.

If I randomly followed 10 people in the way Zimmerman did in the city I reside in, I would be shocked if at least 5 of them didn't confront me about it. This is why you don't play policeman if you aren't one, unless you have no choice, which he did have.

Thus, I do not see the threat of deadly force against the killer, the Special Prosecutor has more evidence than I, obviously.

Forum List

Back