LEGAL AID FUND OPENED for zimmerman by gun rights groups.

At the time of the shooting, I'm assuming based on what I've heard that he was defending himself from physical harm.

But he started the chain of events by doing something that he shouldn't have, that's what bugs me about it. He could have played it much differently and averted the entire incident.

There in lies the rub. Had Zimmerman not confronted Martin, there would have been no problem. Once Zimmerman made contact, WHO escalated past the point of no return?
Did Zimmerman grab, push or punch Martin? Or did Martin escalate to physical violence first? How do you assign blame?

Damn, you are sooooooo close to being logical here. Why can't you just take that next step? What is stopping you?

I don't have enough facts. Do you?

There in lies the rub. Had Zimmerman not confronted Martin, there would have been no problem. Once Zimmerman made contact, WHO escalated past the point of no return?
Did Zimmerman grab, push or punch Martin? Or did Martin escalate to physical violence first? How do you assign blame?

Damn, you are sooooooo close to being logical here. Why can't you just take that next step? What is stopping you?

No gun......no dead kid.
No following....no dead kid.
Obey dispatcher....no dead kid.

Those are facts.

Hey guys,lets flipsides,what if,and find out,what if...zimmerman was defending himself?if evidence poibts that way,then what will you all think?i cannot prove it,but a gut instinct tells me this MAY happen.

At the time of the shooting, I'm assuming based on what I've heard that he was defending himself from physical harm.

But he started the chain of events by doing something that he shouldn't have, that's what bugs me about it. He could have played it much differently and averted the entire incident.

That bothers me. Why shouldn't a concerned neighbor follow a stranger through the neighborhood keeping an eye on him? I've watched strange people meandering through my neighborhood before and I have kept my eyes on strange cars sitting near school bus stops at pickup/drop off times.

Assuming that Trayvon Martin did nothing wrong and was just passing through, does this make me a criminal too?

Is the reason that Mr. Zimmerman is such a bad guy is that it was because Trayvon was black and that makes it obvious that Zimmerman was profiling?

Immie

There's no law saying a private citizen can't profile.

There should be a lot of physical evidence and we have the 911 tape. Of course, witnesses seem to be going back and forth. Honestly, I suspect a few were honest when they gave statements the night of the shooting, but now feel pressured to go along with the lynch mobs. It would take a brave person to go against the radicals who are threatening violence.

You want to play 'what ifs' here. If Zimmerman hadn't spotted TM, watched where he went and gotten out his SUV, maybe nothing would have happened. If Zimmerman hadn't had a gun, he might be dead or seriously injured. If Trayvon hadn't been suspended from school he wouldn't have been in that neighborhood.

If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.

Gee, it's fun playing the "if" game. Means nothing and we have to let investigators do their thing instead of inciting violence because some don't like the way things work.

Was Zimmerman breaking the law? We don't know who attacked first, do we? So, why sit here and expect that anyone should be a fortune teller and should have known how someone would react.

Blue: True

Red: Insane

I'm just applying the same crazy logic that others are. Demonstrating the absurdity of some by being absurd. Sorry it went over your head. I'l type slower next time.

Everyone is blaming Zimmerman for getting out of his vehicle as if he knew exactly what would happen. No one could, yet people are saying it's his fault for putting himself in a position where TM could confront him. That is insane, like all of the comments about if he hadn't done this or that. There are many reasons the two met up that night and you either consider all or none of them.

It comes down to whether Zimmerman felt he had to defend himself and the facts aren't out yet.

It seems to me Zimmerman could have stayed in his vehicle and drove to keep an eye on him while he waited for already dispatched police to do their job...interact with crimes in progress or suspicious activity.

If I randomly followed 10 people in the way Zimmerman did in the city I reside in, I would be shocked if at least 5 of them didn't confront me about it. This is why you don't play policeman if you aren't one, unless you have no choice, which he did have.

Thus, I do not see the threat of deadly force against the killer, the Special Prosecutor has more evidence than I, obviously.

Because, unlike some people, he took his civic duty to watch his neighborhood seriously. He was a participating neighborhood watch member. Hindsight is always 20/20.... it's very easy to sit in judgment and say 'he should have....' but the situation is what it is.

Personally, I'm glad we have people who take protecting their community seriously... we don't have enough police to do that.... and it is our responsibility too.

No gun......no dead kid.

Those are facts.

Only two are actual facts. That last one... there is no fucking evidence that he was following Martin. So, no.... you have a fact failure.

No gun......no dead kid.

Those are facts.

Those are opinions.

How about more opinions, since that is all we have until investigation is completed.

Zimmerman's version has to be considered until there is evidence to the contrary.

Zimmerman says he did not follow TM and was walking away from where he thought TM was on his way back to his vehicle. That is called obeying dispatcher.

If TM had kept going away from Zimmerman....no dead kid.
If TM hadn't started the fight with Zimmerman....no dead kid.
If TM hadn't seen gun during fight and went for it....no dead kid.

there should be a lot of physical evidence and we have the 911 tape. Of course, witnesses seem to be going back and forth. Honestly, i suspect a few were honest when they gave statements the night of the shooting, but now feel pressured to go along with the lynch mobs. It would take a brave person to go against the radicals who are threatening violence.

You want to play 'what ifs' here. if zimmerman hadn't spotted tm, watched where he went and gotten out his suv, maybe nothing would have happened. If zimmerman hadn't had a gun, he might be dead or seriously injured. if trayvon hadn't been suspended from school he wouldn't have been in that neighborhood.

if your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.

Gee, it's fun playing the "if" game. Means nothing and we have to let investigators do their thing instead of inciting violence because some don't like the way things work.

Was zimmerman breaking the law? We don't know who attacked first, do we? So, why sit here and expect that anyone should be a fortune teller and should have known how someone would react.

blue: True

red: Insane

i'm just applying the same crazy logic that others are. Demonstrating the absurdity of some by being absurd. Sorry it went over your head. I'l type slower next time.

Everyone is blaming zimmerman for getting out of his vehicle as if he knew exactly what would happen. No one could, yet people are saying it's his fault for putting himself in a position where tm could confront him. That is insane, like all of the comments about if he hadn't done this or that. There are many reasons the two met up that night and you either consider all or none of them.

It comes down to whether zimmerman felt he had to defend himself and the facts aren't out yet.

he had a gun!

No gun......no dead kid.

Those are facts.

Those are opinions.

How about more opinions, since that is all we have until investigation is completed.

Zimmerman's version has to be considered until there is evidence to the contrary.

Zimmerman says he did not follow TM and was walking away from where he thought TM was on his way back to his vehicle. That is called obeying dispatcher.

If TM had kept going away from Zimmerman....no dead kid.
If TM hadn't started the fight with Zimmerman....no dead kid.
If TM hadn't seen gun during fight and went for it....no dead kid.

Those are not facts, as you say. What I listed is fact. As is common for nutters.....you want to invent your own facts.

If its true what the other side is saying,and A BIG IF,then he deserved what he got. Stop feeling sorry for gangers.

He didn't 'deserve' what he got. Looking at the facts available, it seems to be that this tragedy was a set of circumstances that either side could have, at some point, changed... but I don't see enough evidence to call anyone a criminal.... not Martin, and not Zimmerman.

Coward.

If by 'coward' you mean logical human being, yes. Idiot.

i'm just applying the same crazy logic that others are. Demonstrating the absurdity of some by being absurd. Sorry it went over your head. I'l type slower next time.

Everyone is blaming zimmerman for getting out of his vehicle as if he knew exactly what would happen. No one could, yet people are saying it's his fault for putting himself in a position where tm could confront him. That is insane, like all of the comments about if he hadn't done this or that. There are many reasons the two met up that night and you either consider all or none of them.

It comes down to whether zimmerman felt he had to defend himself and the facts aren't out yet.

he had a gun!

SO? In Florida? YOU are allowerd to.

he had a gun!

You are an idiot!

It seems to me Zimmerman could have stayed in his vehicle and drove to keep an eye on him while he waited for already dispatched police to do their job...interact with crimes in progress or suspicious activity.

If I randomly followed 10 people in the way Zimmerman did in the city I reside in, I would be shocked if at least 5 of them didn't confront me about it. This is why you don't play policeman if you aren't one, unless you have no choice, which he did have.

Thus, I do not see the threat of deadly force against the killer, the Special Prosecutor has more evidence than I, obviously.

Because, unlike some people, he took his civic duty to watch his neighborhood seriously. He was a participating neighborhood watch member. Hindsight is always 20/20.... it's very easy to sit in judgment and say 'he should have....' but the situation is what it is.

Personally, I'm glad we have people who take protecting their community seriously... we don't have enough police to do that.... and it is our responsibility too.

He was the 'only' member..and of an unregistered neighborhood watch.

And some people on this board said Zimmerman said he was out going to the grocery store.

:lol:

he had a gun!

Yes, we are allowed to carry them here in Florida.

I carry at least one every day.

People who don't like that should stay the hell out of Florida.

Last edited:

He took it so seriously that he was over-zealous and attempted to intervene with something he had just reported to the police, that ended up being absolutely nothing more than a person on their way home from the store.

Again, this is why we have paid law enforcement. Unless there was a serious reason for him to not wait for the police(ie an imminent threat to someone's safety) he should have waited.

Last edited:

he had a gun!

Yes he did. So what?

he had a gun!

Yes, we are allowed to carry them here in Florida.

I carry at least one every day.

People who don't like that should stay the hell out of Florida.

Are neighborhood watch members in Florida supposed to carry weapons?

Forum List

Back