Leftist Media...The Big Lie!

An MRI can cost $5,000 in this "great" system we have right now. I had one a few years ago. I know what a friggin scam it is. Its a big pulsing magnetic field and a computer program that decodes the resonance. I know a bit about electronics and manufacturing. That price is obscene. An MRI should cost about $200 for the half an hour it takes. 8-10 patients ...over $2000 a day ...more than a million a year...and that is just one item. I would estmate that medical malpractice ins is about a third of the cost or more for physicians and hospitals. Medicare can't legally negotiate with the pharms. This system is not "great". It isn't even good.

They claim that it would take a trillion plus over 10 years to pay for single payer. Iraq has cost us more than that in 5 years. If we can come up with money for this phoney "war on terrorism" then we should be able to find the scatch for something that will actually benefit the citizens and businesses of our country.

I am a businessman and hold firmly to the notion of free enterprise. I believe doctors and nurses should be paid well for their service and education. That said and with the exceptions already noted I think it is morally repugnant to profit from someone elses pain.

Many doctors have their own practice. They are businessmen, too. Are you saying that businessmen should have a ceiling placed on their potential incomes?

Well ...yes and no.

First I have a problem with health, pain and fatal outcomes a free for all economically.

Right now only the super rich have a realistic opportunity to unlimited health care access. Any other opinion of that fact is bullshit. Ins co's don't make money unless they deny coverage. Denied coverage is profit denied to a doctor. Your point is therefore mute.

I don't see a time when access to the handfull of super star surgeons will be decided by anything but money like it is now.

What we are talking about is not that group. We are talking about a more average physician which is still pretty good. I don't think they will be hurt by not paying for crazy malpractice ins. premiums. These doctors are now and always will be well paid.
Ins Companies only deny coverage to things they didnt CONTRACT to cover

you really dont know how these things work

Nor does he know exactly how many times a day MRI machines are used the number of people necessary to staff the unit, the upkeep cost, the time to assess the data gathered, and a whole host of other things that go into that 5000 dollar fee.

By the way go to Canada see how long you have to wait for a CT scan if you aren't almost literally dying before their eyes.

Nor does he know exactly how many times a day MRI machines are used the number of people necessary to staff the unit, the upkeep cost, the time to assess the data gathered, and a whole host of other things that go into that 5000 dollar fee.

By the way go to Canada see how long you have to wait for a CT scan if you aren't almost literally dying before their eyes.
nor do we know how much of that $5000 fee is to cover their malpractice insurance

Now as to the media and 'truth' hmmm. Lots of links:

JustOneMinute: An Outrage If Bush Had Proposed It

I can see you have an agenda this morning. I'm not sure what it is but it doesn't appear clear it is on topic. "Media Lying"

As to the spelling errors..this site offers a spell check with strings attached. Otherwise ones on ones own. If minor distractions sidetrack your attention I recommend you try zoloft or other medication that helps focus.
more BULLSHIT
there are no strings attached
the spell check requires an install of an IE helper, and that is FREE
so what "strings" are you talking about

btw, if you dont want that, you can always install FireFox Browser(comes with a really nice spellcheck feature)

I am pleased you have chosen the role of secretary/helper. Normaly I pay for that service. None the less I'll wait till my IT/program installer/problem solver gets back from vacation. I'll run it by him if I remember and who knows..I may not have to trouble you anal fucks with unsightly spelling mistakes....

"only contract to cover?" You are naive. Here is a basic rule of business sparky...CUT COSTS=MORE PROFIT. Basic rule for all insurance...Deny coverage. Only pay if forced to.

"How it works?" One of my friends installs and services that kind of equipment.

Do you ever stop apologizing for people several pay grades above yours? Just asking.

Last edited:
I can see you have an agenda this morning. I'm not sure what it is but it doesn't appear clear it is on topic. "Media Lying"

As to the spelling errors..this site offers a spell check with strings attached. Otherwise ones on ones own. If minor distractions sidetrack your attention I recommend you try zoloft or other medication that helps focus.
more BULLSHIT

btw, if you dont want that, you can always install FireFox Browser(comes with a really nice spellcheck feature)

I am pleased you have chosen the role of secretary/helper. Normaly I pay for that service. None the less I'll wait till my IT/program installer/problem solver gets back from vacation. I'll run it by him if I remember and who knows..I may not have to trouble you anal fucks with unsightly spelling mistakes....

"only contract to cover?" You are naive. Here is a basic rule of business sparky...CUT COSTS=MORE PROFIT. Basic rule for all insurance...Deny coverage. Only pay if forced to.

Do you ever stop apologizing for people several pay grades above yours? Just asking.
no, you are too fucking stupid
an insurance company will cover those things it agreed to cover in the contract

you are just another fucking moron on the internet that doesnt know SHIT

more BULLSHIT

I'm "too" stupid. I don't know shit? Your responses indicate you are really ten years old and all that dive shit you learned in your bath tub with a G I joe doll.

This thread is about media lying. Not your lying. You are not entertaining enough to qualify as a "news" source.

more BULLSHIT

From what I've been hearing, it doesn't matter if you 20%er radicals get it. At this point, change is coming. All your stupid arguments denying every problem and then blaming us when you can no longer deny. Fuck you.

I just wish I could come into your life for a day, find out all the facts on you and expose you. You've probably been hurt the most by GOPanomics but because you are a super racist or super anti abortionist, or whatever, you will remain ignorant forever.

Or rich. If you are rich, you aren't ignorant. Then you're just greedy. And when your home gets robbed because of the increase in crime/poverty/homelessness, don't come crying to us. We'll blame YOU for what happens to YOU.

Because YOU are responsible for YOU. I just hope a ruthless society doesn't gobble you up you little pussy. :lol:

Dive con you are such a piece of shit. You take my thread off topic and then neg rep me because you don't like my reply to your off topic crap. What a total tool. I was just starting to respect you. I won't make that mistake again. Now be a good boy and go fuck yourself.

Memo to Forum Moderator: Why not start a special thread for those wishing to insult others? Name calling is what kids in 8th grade do. I want rude and crude I'll watch Springer.

I was just starting to respect you.

I almost neg repped you for this.

But the rest was so beautiful. :lol:

Whew! that was a close one I guess!:eek:

This idiot is not rich. He is too full of himself with all the wrong answers for all the wrong reasons. The rich that have the time to come onto a message boards are twits and dweebs. I think this one lives at home in his parents basement.

Also he posts all thruout the day meaning he is probably unemployed. This venue is the only way he can do anything to anyone to realise payback for his failed life. "reps" actually mean something to this pathetic loser. I don't give a crap other than to note what pissants some people can be.

He claims to have a girlfriend in another city. Thats code for he met her on the internet..never seen her ...nerver had sex with her..in fact this guy is so stupid ..his "girl is probably named "Larry" and is a fat guy trying to trick him into a homo relationship.

I heard this thing happens all the time from the lying "leftist" media.

Last edited:
Memo to Forum Moderator: Why not start a special thread for those wishing to insult others? Name calling is what kids in 8th grade do. I want rude and crude I'll watch Springer.

You expect any media to be any different than Springer?

It used to be Kitty. Do you remember a few decades ago that the TV station managers would come on periodically and ask for input from the viewers so they could retain thier liscenses?

With the passage of time, the words of some become obsolete, dated or irrelevant.

But, when words become more relevant and more profound with the passage of time, it reveals a man "for all times"...

Please listen ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs-x0-ffP0Q]YouTube - JFK[/ame]

ladies and gentlemen:
The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.

For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed.

No President should fear public scrutiny of his program. For from that scrutiny comes understanding; and from that understanding comes support or opposition. And both are necessary. I am not asking your newspapers to support an Administration, but I am asking your help in the tremendous task of informing and alerting the American people. For I have complete confidence in the response and dedication of our citizens whenever they are fully informed.

I not only could not stifle controversy among your readers--I welcome it. This Administration intends to be candid about its errors; for as a wise man once said: "An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." We intend to accept full responsibility for our errors; and we expect you to point them out when we miss them.

Without debate, without criticism, no Administration and no country can succeed--and no republic can survive. That is why the Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy. And that is why our press was protected by the First Amendment-- the only business in America specifically protected by the Constitution- -not primarily to amuse and entertain, not to emphasize the trivial and the sentimental, not to simply "give the public what it wants"--but to inform, to arouse, to reflect, to state our dangers and our opportunities, to indicate our crises and our choices, to lead, mold, educate and sometimes even anger public opinion.

This means greater coverage and analysis of international news--for it is no longer far away and foreign but close at hand and local. It means greater attention to improved understanding of the news as well as improved transmission. And it means, finally, that government at all levels, must meet its obligation to provide you with the fullest possible information outside the narrowest limits of national security.

And so it is to the printing press--to the recorder of man's deeds, the keeper of his conscience, the courier of his news--that we look for strength and assistance, confident that with your help man will be what he was born to be: free and independent.
President John F. Kennedy
Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York City, April 27, 1961

With the passage of time, the words of some become obsolete, dated or irrelevant.

But, when words become more relevant and more profound with the passage of time, it reveals a man "for all times"...

Please listen ...

YouTube - JFK

ladies and gentlemen:
The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.

For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed.

No President should fear public scrutiny of his program. For from that scrutiny comes understanding; and from that understanding comes support or opposition. And both are necessary. I am not asking your newspapers to support an Administration, but I am asking your help in the tremendous task of informing and alerting the American people. For I have complete confidence in the response and dedication of our citizens whenever they are fully informed.

I not only could not stifle controversy among your readers--I welcome it. This Administration intends to be candid about its errors; for as a wise man once said: "An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." We intend to accept full responsibility for our errors; and we expect you to point them out when we miss them.

Without debate, without criticism, no Administration and no country can succeed--and no republic can survive. That is why the Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy. And that is why our press was protected by the First Amendment-- the only business in America specifically protected by the Constitution- -not primarily to amuse and entertain, not to emphasize the trivial and the sentimental, not to simply "give the public what it wants"--but to inform, to arouse, to reflect, to state our dangers and our opportunities, to indicate our crises and our choices, to lead, mold, educate and sometimes even anger public opinion.

This means greater coverage and analysis of international news--for it is no longer far away and foreign but close at hand and local. It means greater attention to improved understanding of the news as well as improved transmission. And it means, finally, that government at all levels, must meet its obligation to provide you with the fullest possible information outside the narrowest limits of national security.

And so it is to the printing press--to the recorder of man's deeds, the keeper of his conscience, the courier of his news--that we look for strength and assistance, confident that with your help man will be what he was born to be: free and independent.
President John F. Kennedy
Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York City, April 27, 1961

This is all real informative and everything but it misses the point and the topic because the government doesn't own the media and has very little influence unless there is an emergency or as in the case of Bush/Cheney a "perceived" emergency such as the phoney war on terrorism which should have been handled as a law enforcement matter.

The media is almost completely controlled by companies that have a vested interest in having the public see things thier way.

This is all real informative and everything but it misses the point and the topic because the government doesn't own the media and has very little influence unless there is an emergency or as in the case of Bush/Cheney a "perceived" emergency such as the phoney war on terrorism which should have been handled as a law enforcement matter.

The media is almost completely controlled by companies that have a vested interest in having the public see things thier way.
I rarely read your postings Huggy but I agree with you about much of the media today. Honest reporting went the wayside with mega companies. Why is that? How do people remedy that situation? How do you get information out that many do not wish to hear about?

I rarely read your postings Huggy but I agree with you about much of the media today. Honest reporting went the wayside with mega companies. Why is that? How do people remedy that situation? How do you get information out that many do not wish to hear about?

Now we have a solution, turn of the TV ... or only watch entertainment shows and take nothing on it as fact. We have the net for that now, though you have to sort through a lot of garbage still, at least there is some fact online somewhere.

Now we have a solution, turn of the TV ... or only watch entertainment shows and take nothing on it as fact. We have the net for that now, though you have to sort through a lot of garbage still, at least there is some fact online somewhere.
Too much rift raft in the type of reporting that goes on in the Internet. Personally I do not want to, nor do I have time to wade through every page of garbage that is posted on the Internet. Reliable sources that people have depended on for decades needs to stay reliable in their news reporting. If a population does not have accurate information provided to them by the media how can that same populace make informed decisions?

I understand what Huggy is saying here about reporting being bias and not reporting based on facts. A few years ago there was an accident less than a block from my son's house in Des Moines. I was there at his house. I heard the noise and looked outside to see what going on. A car had ran a red light and a motorcycle had collided with the car. Before the wreckage was removed I took my camera down and snapped pictures of the accident. The police were none to friendly. I talked with a neighbor boy who had watched the whole accident. It was obviously the car drivers fault. She was a young inexperienced driver that had ran a red light. The motorcycle was in pieces strewn all over the street and sidewalk. The impacted was so hard the car was also totaled.

The reason I took the pictures because my son had just bought a fancy custom chopper from California. I've told him for years I worry about the others on the road more than you, in as much as you may be careful and an excellent driver the other guy may not be.... Mom was using the accident to do a little preaching to son about the danger he was in on that fancy new bike he had just purchased.

The media and the police put this whole accident off on the motorcycle rider. They did not report the accident with an unbiased view. I believe the reason they lied was because of who the guy was and what he owned..(a local club/bar)... That man's family now has to deal with biased police reports and biased reporting.

Forum List

Back