Ladies, I Need Your MakeUp Tips!

I'm going to be part of an event and I will need my makeup to stay on, stay fresh, and last a long time. Any advice? Any favorite products? or techniques?

To fill in all the cracks

NON_SHRINK_GROUT_nsgroutsbdcon.jpg

Do I use this before or after I use the paint roller?

blend your make up...dont get that clown look where you mask is visible cause the neck is not blended in...watch heavy mascara on your lower lashes..causes shadows...i prefer smokey shades for eye shadows...you can use the same shades for day..and night...at night simply wet a q tip and apply the eye shadow that way...will be a deeper shade...o and dont pluck from above the eyebrows...under only...

Would you recommend any particular mascara? I haven't had much luck with them in the past. They usually leave my eyes all smudged even right after I apply them. Boy am I going to have fun curling them. When you're clamping your eyelashes with those curlers, it really looks like some sort of weird torture device. I had one of those that actually applied heat to the lashes and they seemed to work much better.
I am telling you go with the fake eye lashes, you can get them smaller so you don't like a drag queen.
but the best mascara I have gotten so far is that new stuff mabeline colossal. I think the cheap stuff is the best especially mabeline.
Also try prescriptive, I got some stuff of their recently and I really like it!

Oh! I completely forgot about fake eyelashes! If put on correctly, they look sooo glamorous. So many great ideas!

I should get paid for that recognition, but seriously, we love that stuff.

I'm always willing to try the least expensive line first and then work my way up. I guess the secret is to curl your lashes properly. That will be quite a chore since my lashes are pin straight, just like my hair. I just hope that once I curl them and apply the mascara, that they will stay.

Mascara can make quite a difference. It makes the eyes pop. Maybe, I'll be adding another makeup to my regimen if it comes out right.

I should get paid for that recognition, but seriously, we love that stuff.

I'm always willing to try the least expensive line first and then work my way up. I guess the secret is to curl your lashes properly. That will be quite a chore since my lashes are pin straight, just like my hair. I just hope that once I curl them and apply the mascara, that they will stay.

Mascara can make quite a difference. It makes the eyes pop. Maybe, I'll be adding another makeup to my regimen if it comes out right.
I have the shortest/thin eye lashes ever! Nothing like my hair which is very thick and curly. I don't get it!

I'm going to be part of an event and I will need my makeup to stay on, stay fresh, and last a long time. Any advice? Any favorite products? or techniques?

My wife says:

"I use my daily face cream with SPF. Put a small dollop in my hand and squeeze on my cream foundation, mix it all up and apply that as a tinted face moisturizer. Then I use brush on powder over that. It seems to last longer that way"

I have no idea what this means.

Well I never wear much make up but the only products I will use on my face is prescriptives found in most major department stores. First make sure you wash your face, use a toner afterwards, use a light moisturizer. The best way to apply all makeup is with a BRUSH, even the moisturizer!

Do use false eyelashes, small natural ones but make sure you carry the adhesive in your purse in case you have to re-apply it.

Well I never wear much make up but the only products I will use on my face is prescriptives found in most major department stores. First make sure you wash your face, use a toner afterwards, use a light moisturizer. The best way to apply all makeup is with a BRUSH, even the moisturizer!

Do use false eyelashes, small natural ones but make sure you carry the adhesive in your purse in case you have to re-apply it.
I love the prescriptiv egg plant eye liner gel, I had my make up done at their counter in september and I have been hooked since. I never thought egg plant would look good but it is the best move I have ever made when it comes to make up.

Did any of you ever wear blue mascara!

I love the prescriptiv egg plant eye liner gel, I had my make up done at their counter in september and I have been hooked since. I never thought egg plant would look good but it is the best move I have ever made when it comes to make up.

I have olive skin complextion so blues, greens do not look well on me. I stick to just foundation, blush and mascara. My eye lids are not made for eyeliner or eyeshadow. I tend to look pretty bad in it.

Yeah though Prescriptiv makeup is the best out there by far but expensive!

I have olive skin complextion so blues, greens do not look well on me. I stick to just foundation, blush and mascara. My eye lids are not made for eyeliner or eyeshadow. I tend to look pretty bad in it.

I have fair skin, very french irish but I can tan. With strawberry blonde hair so everthing clashes, but I can wear a few shades that have purple/mauve in them and it looks good. And I hate purple, never even wear the color.

I have fair skin, very french irish but I can tan. With strawberry blonde hair so everthing clashes, but I can wear a few shades that have purple/mauve in them and it looks good. And I hate purple, never even wear the color.
Lucky you! I have older pictures of me when I tried to wear eye shadow and I looked like a little girl who tried to put on her mother's makeup for the first time. :lol:

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread, this may have been mentioned...

Bare Essentials, the best make up on the planet. Get some, look great. :tongue:

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread, this may have been mentioned...

Bare Essentials, the best make up on the planet. Get some, look great. :tongue:
prescriptive's has a loose powder like the bare eessentials and they will mix it to match your complextion perfectly. The downside is with this type of foundation is when you get older, your face will look like a clown because every wrinkle on your face stands out BIG TIME.

Loved it when I was younger, now it's only liquid type foundation. I haven't tried any of the over the counter type foundation lately. I saw on TV they have one that goes on clear and is suppose to match your skin type and it's very lite. Anyone try these?

Enjoy Amanda while you can. :lol:

I never wear foundation, just some moisturizer, and if needed, a little concealer. i don't like what foundation does to my skin. I love bare essentials eye shadows, though. The colors are beautiful and they stay on a long time. I also like Rimmel's eye shadows, if you are looking for a cheaper brand.

I do LOVE this gadget, though:

Neutrogena®: Healthy Skin Rejuvenator™

Use it twice a week. Strips off the dead dry skin and keeps your skin as soft as a baby's ass.

Last edited:

My wife says:

"I use my daily face cream with SPF. Put a small dollop in my hand and squeeze on my cream foundation, mix it all up and apply that as a tinted face moisturizer. Then I use brush on powder over that. It seems to last longer that way"

I have no idea what this means.

Please thank your wife. Be grateful you have no idea what this means. LOL. If you did have an inkling, it would either mean you were in the cosmetology industry or gay and I'm quite certain you are neither. :eusa_angel:

All through high school! :lol: Sort of wish it'd really come back. My eyes are basically a navy blue. I have to stay with greys and other smoke colors.

Forum List

Back