Vampire Discovered in Italy

That brick wouldn't slow down my ex from eating anything.

So many comments................

But I'm too much of a lady to say them. :redface:

"Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well"

i wished you knew your shakespeare a bit better...that is not the quote...

Hamlet:
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite
jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath bore me on his back a
thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is!
My gorge rises at it.

you obviously did not have old lady craven for english....

So many comments................

But I'm too much of a lady to say them. :redface:

"Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well"

i wished you knew your shakespeare a bit better...that is not the quote...

Hamlet:
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite
jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath bore me on his back a
thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is!
My gorge rises at it.

you obviously did not have old lady craven for english....

Hey I did will to remember that much. I had Hamlet in Sr. English class 1952-1953

Any day now working nights all this time is gonna pay off and a vampire will turn me.

Granny says, "Dat's right - dey don't call it deepest, darkest Africa fer nothin'...
eek.gif

Vampire Rumors Spark Mob Attacks in Malawi
October 23, 2017 — Malawi has seen a surge in mob violence amid rumors of vampires. At least nine people have been stoned to death since the start of September, and police have arrested 140 people accused of taking part in vigilante justice.
On Oct.19, an angry mob in Blantyre stoned to death a 22-year-old epileptic man suspected of being a ritual blood sucker. The vigilantes also stoned to death another person in a separate incident the same day.

Malawi president visits area

Aida Chikopa told her story directly to President Peter Mutharika when he visited her area. She says "it happened to me on 19th September. When I was asleep around 8 o’clock in the evening, I was surprised to see blood coming from my nose. And blood was all over my mat. I asked my husband to light a torch to see what was happening. He went outside the house but could not see and find anything. But I was very weak that night."

6A5AFBE4-6905-4F15-B739-9B3DE32BA8A6_w1023_r1_s.png

The president asked her to clarify, but Chikopa repeated the same statement. Police and medics say the rumors are a hoax. Lexten Kachama is the inspector general of the Malawi Police Service. "You can have nose bleeding, in Chichewa we call it nkafuno. If you get that nkafuno you quickly rush to believe that blood sucker came and started sucking me blood — that is not true."

Rumors start in September

The rumors started in early September and have spread to seven districts of the country. Residents told VOA they believe the blood suckers use modern technology and magic to immobilize victims late at night with a chemical, then drain their blood before vanishing. Government authorities are yet to establish the origin of the rumors, but residents believe they came from neighboring Mozambique.

Vampire_in_Brooklyn_675x380.jpg

Kalepa Mawele is the chairperson for Phalombe district council. He says "here in Phalombe we have bordered Mozambique. We started hearing about rumors of blood suckers from Mozambique. And now, they have spread in all areas of our six traditional authorities here in Phalombe." Some critics have tied the rumors to the recent nullification of vagrancy laws that prevented people from loitering on the streets at night.

Peace Corps volunteers withdrawn

Most of those killed in the mob attacks were strangers to the area where they were attacked. But the executive director of Center for Human Rights Education, Victor Mhango, disagrees with that premise. "I think we are primitive society. I think the belief in Juju that makes us believe that this is happening. The police have challenged the nation that if you have evidence, show us, we are going to arrest them. People are just creating that, maybe they have got some other motives." In the meantime, U.N. agencies have withdrawn their workers from affected districts, and the U.S. embassy has temporarily pulled out Peace Corps volunteers.Residents report nocturnal visits by the alleged vampires.

Vampire Rumors Spark Mob Attacks in Malawi

See also:

Malawi President Cracks Down on Vampires, Witchcraft After Lynchings
October 13, 2017 — Malawi President Peter Mutharika on Friday warned suspected vampires to stop terrorizing people and told village chiefs to stamp down on witchcraft.
His calls came as a vampire scare in two districts triggered mob violence and left six people dead. Lynch mobs accusing people of vampirism have been on the rampage since mid-September. "If people are using witchcraft to suck people's blood, I will deal with them and I ask them to stop doing that with immediate effect," Mutharika told a gathering of leaders in Mulanje, a district with the highest incidences.

34D23691-1788-4959-83CE-7454CDE1CF6E_cx0_cy1_cw0_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Malawi's President Peter Mutharika is pictured at the Institute of Peace in Washington​

On Monday, the United Nations pulled staff out of two districts that have been swept up in the violence. Belief in witchcraft is widespread in rural Malawi, one of the world's poorest countries, where many aid agencies and NGOs work. A spate of vigilante violence linked to a vampire rumors also erupted in Malawi in 2002.

Malawi President Cracks Down on Vampires, Witchcraft After Lynchings

Last edited:

Forum List

Back