Zone1 How Young Is Too Young For Girls To Wear Makeup?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
My fiancee and I say that we wouldn't let our daughter wear makeup until at least she was sixteen. Nothing below that because anything before that we want to emphasize that she's beautiful just the way she is. We'll let her play with pretend makeup (nail polish can be real though) before then, but until she's dating there's no need for any of it to be real.

My fiancee and I say that we wouldn't let our daughter wear makeup until at least she was sixteen. Nothing below that because anything before that we want to emphasize that she's beautiful just the way she is. We'll let her play with pretend makeup (nail polish can be real though) before then, but until she's dating there's no need for any of it to be real.

Sounds good to me.

• Banned
Sounds good to me.

Thanks and the reason why we went with nail polish as it's not really makeup to us. Btw, both of us can't stand shows like Toddlers and Tiaras. Oh and fun trivia fact, we have already decided what we want to name our first daughter. Kiara Journey Airelle.

She's going to be getting two middle names not only because they sound beautiful together, but that way the first middle name used with her first name will be used as a really easy warning, both middle names used with her first name will be a more serious warning, and if her whole entire name is used with the first, both middle names, and her surname,... Well,.. since this is zone 1, what is a clean way I can say that you know that the shit is going to go down? 😂

This scenario, I would say it's the personal choice of the child.

• Banned
Solid digestive waste will soon become authentic.

Okay that's perfect, but White 6 is a pretty cool mod he might not even have me edit it for humorous purposes. If he wants me to I will since we're good friends on here, but because of that he actually bends more than most mods on here. Unless another mod spots it or something, I don't think that he'll say anything about it. 🙂

My niece is pre teen, and usually just wears it for dance competitions.

I think that you meant to say of the parent(s).
Here's some basic psychology -

If you do not want what I want, please try not to tell me that my want is wrong.

Or if my beliefs are different from yours, at least pause before you set out to correct them.

Or if my emotion seems less or more intense than yours, given the same circumstances, try not to ask me to feel other than I do.

Or if I act, or fail to act, in the manner of your design for action, please let me be.

I do not, for the moment at least, ask you to understand me. That will come only when you are willing to give up trying to change me into a copy of you.

If you will allow me any of my own wants, or emotions, or beliefs, or actions, then you open yourself to the possibility that some day these ways of mine might not seem so wrong, and might finally appear as right-for me. To put up with me is the first step to understanding me.

Not that you embrace my ways as right for you, but that you are no longer irritated or disappointed with me for my seeming waywardness.

And one day, perhaps, in trying to understand me, you might come to prize my differences, and, far from seeking to change me, might preserve and even cherish those differences.

I may be your spouse, your parent, your offspring, your friend, your colleague. But whatever our relation, this I know: You and I are fundamentally different and both of us have to march to our own drummer.

From the book - Please Understand Me II

What if she wants to be a clown or a mime?

I was a single father to a little girl way back when and didn't understand her love of makeup and nails and whigs because from my ignorant perspective to me make up was about looking mature and attracting guys. But she brought a good point to me I never considered having only brothers, which is that it certainly can be about that but it can also be about costume and imagination and make believe and artistic expression. And she reminded me how my little brother would make costumes and dye his hair to dress up as his favorite anime characters and no one bothered to be concerned about it so from then I let her express herself however she wanted. She's a grown woman today but hair and make up and nails are her hobby and passion and for her it is art. I think you can do both. You can teach your daughter to appreciate herself and to appreciate all aspects of her personality and creativity.

1708625014246.png

It's not the make up, its the shampoo.

Forum List

Back