Zone1 How Young Is Too Young For Girls To Wear Makeup?

The scenario is make up. On the same level of playing shop. If they want a tattoo, the answer is no. You want to dabble in make up, go for it.
And...
The scenario is not "made up"
I had this battle with my idiot ex for years.
14 yo boy wants a tat?
12 yo boy wants an earring? Nose ring?
12 yo girl wants to go out made up like Madonna?

No.

At the risk of exposing my red neck , this is all about excepting nature , who we are, how we're programmed. I know it's hard for some of us that have daughters , so i'll sum it up with a shot of mine (she's all grown up now)

1708641331937.jpeg

~S~

This seems wayyyyyy over the top. Way over the top.
Let her be who she is. Period.

Sorry, but a child is not capable of making decisions for themselves. That's why the parents have to because they know what's best for them.

I belive the name of a child should be to honor those you wish to honor. Typically your mom, grandparent, God parent who held a special role.
Trendy names? Hey, to each his own but that seems shallow.

Whatever. 🙄

But I'm not interested in your want, I want you to lead your life the way I want.

When you're a child of mine that's about ninety percent true until you become an adult.

How's this for a rule:

Girls can start wearing makeup around the same time boys start shaving.

Depends on what age that they start shaving.

At the risk of exposing my red neck , this is all about excepting nature , who we are, how we're programmed. I know it's hard for some of us that have daughters , so i'll sum it up with a shot of mine (she's all grown up now)

View attachment 906771

~S~

So, what is the point that you're trying to make?

Sorry, but a child is not capable of making decisions for themselves. That's why the parents have to because they know what's best for them.

Whatever. 🙄

When you're a child of mine that's about ninety percent true until you become an adult.

Depends on what age that they start shaving.

So, what is the point that you're trying to make?
If you ever have a child prepare for a struggle.

My daughter never expressed much interest in makeup and never used a lot. Her mother didn't either, and said it is a nuisance as an everyday thing. Formal occasions and parties and the like maybe a light application.

a child is not capable of making decisions for themselves. That's why the parents have to because they know what's best for them.

You will make your kid miserable no matter how many middle names that rhyme you give her.
Wearing make up is so trite I have got to ask, again, wtf is your problem with make up.

I mean this sincerely. Seek out a parenting class NOW and apply it.
We both want the best for your offspring.
Peace

Wearing make up is so trite I have got to ask, again, wtf is your problem with make up.

Did I say that I had a problem with makeup? No, I said that I have a problem with girls wearing it too young and way too much of it at that. I mean I don't wear makeup, but I never said that we don't want our daughter wearing makeup ever.

Did I say that I had a problem with makeup? No, I said that I have a problem with girls wearing it too young and way too much of it at that. I mean I don't wear makeup, but I never said that we don't want our daughter wearing makeup ever.

I just don't get the age thing or now the too much thing.
Should boys not play with dolls?
I get the feeling that if you were a mom in the 1950s you would not let you daughter play sports.

I just don't get the age thing or now the too much thing.
Should boys not play with dolls?
I get the feeling that if you were a mom in the 1950s you would not let you daughter play sports.

Seven year old little girls don't need makeup and having too much makeup is disgusting. I don't care about the dolls and sports thing but what does that have to with this?

Seven year old little girls don't need makeup and having too much makeup is disgusting. I don't care about the dolls and sports thing but what does that have to with this?

16 and 7 is a vast difference
Did you not start this at 16?
By that time she will be women.

16 and 7 is a vast difference
Did you not start this at 16?
By that time she will be women.

No she won't be a woman, no I didn't start this at 16 but that's the age that I originally said but I might bend to 13 depending on how much she would use and if it would be noticeable or be made to look like she isn't wearing any.

Forum List

Back