Ladies, I Need Your MakeUp Tips!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I'm going to be part of an event and I will need my makeup to stay on, stay fresh, and last a long time. Any advice? Any favorite products? or techniques?

I'm going to be part of an event and I will need my makeup to stay on, stay fresh, and last a long time. Any advice? Any favorite products? or techniques?

I'm not a female but I can comment on eye liner.

Get permanent makeup - eye liner tattoo.

I have several friends who have it and they love it.

checkout.jpg

That sounds mighty tempting, but then I won't be able to vary the color of the eyeliner Right? If I stick to black, I might go for it. But it sounds like it would be pretty painful being that it would be in a very sensitive area. I have a very low threshhold for physical pain.

checkout.jpg

Good thinkin', Zwoksy, but couldn't you lend me one of those horse-feed bags that you studied with at Aggie-school? Come on, don't be stingy.

BTW, did you cut eye holes when you wore it for the "Home Coming Ball?"

Last edited:

That sounds mighty tempting, but then I won't be able to vary the color of the eyeliner Right? If I stick to black, I might go for it. But it sounds like it would be pretty painful being that it would be in a very sensitive area. I have a very low threshhold for physical pain.

Tequila will take care of the pain.

checkout.jpg

Good thinkin', Zwoksy, but couldn't you lend me one of those horse-feed bags that you studied with at Aggie-school? Come on, don't be stingy.

You've warn this before.

Remember...the night you got pregnant?

You've warn this before.

Remember...the night you got pregnant?

Hey, Pox,

I think you have me confused with your date, the one who kept grazing on the front lawn of the Cornell Aggie-school.

How did it make you feel, you know, having to always go in by the service entrance? But you got over it didn't you. (Try to remember not to mention your academic career when you apply for the next job.)

I think you took the right approach, radical plastic surgery and a change in identity.

Take care.

I love Revlon. I've used it for about 5 years now and it is excellent for my sensitive skin.

I like the one step compact for work everyday with just blush and mascara. When I'm going to an event, I wear the one step with the color stay mineral foundation, eyeliner and all that.

When I'm just out running errands on the weekend, I just wear the color stay mineral.

Revlon products stay put all day. They have really come a long way.

I like the tinted Burt's beeswax lip balm as well. I wear it everyday.

I love Revlon. I've used it for about 5 years now and it is excellent for my sensitive skin.

I like the one step compact for work everyday with just blush and mascara. When I'm going to an event, I wear the one step with the color stay mineral foundation, eyeliner and all that.

When I'm just out running errands on the weekend, I just wear the color stay mineral.

Is the one step compact a cream or a powder? And is the color stay mineral foundation a powder.

I love Revlon as well. I like their Color Stay line. I usually use Color Stay liquid foundation, but willing to try other products.

If I remember correctly you are in New York! Find someone who does airbrush makeup. It was 50 bucks for me to have it done for my sister's wedding, I would have never done it if she wasn't already doing the other bridesmaids. Stays on all day and they were the best pictures ever taken of me and I always hate my picture being taken.
If you don't want to go that route, book an appointment at Macy's at one of their make up counters, you usually have to buy something I usually just buy a lip gloss or something and it is free. Most department stores do this! I did this for another wedding and it also worked out well.

oh! and for sure use fake eye lashes, always make you look ten times better!
FYI: I have been a bridesmaid seven times!!!
I have also learned anytime a camera is pointed in your direction even if you are not in the picture smile, this way you are avoiding making some stupid face!

Is the one step compact a cream or a powder? And is the color stay mineral foundation a powder.

I love Revlon as well. I like their Color Stay line. I usually use Color Stay liquid foundation, but willing to try other products.

The one step is a cream and the mineral foundation is a powder. I've tried the liquid but the cream stays on better.

If I remember correctly you are in New York! Find someone who does airbrush makeup. It was 50 bucks for me to have it done for my sister's wedding, I would have never done it if she wasn't already doing the other bridesmaids. Stays on all day and they were the best pictures ever taken of me and I always hate my picture being taken.
If you don't want to go that route, book an appointment at Macy's at one of their make up counters, you usually have to buy something I usually just buy a lip gloss or something and it is free. Most department stores do this! I did this for another wedding and it also worked out well.

You're right, the airbrush thing is a great idea.

when and if I ever get married or have an important event I would for sure do it again. When you first see it on you it is alittle overwhelming but when you get your pics back you are very thankful. And it lasted all day and all night. I think it was about 10am I got it done and I still looked good at midnight!

Airbushing sounds neat. I'll have to look into that. Macy's is another good idea, but the event is Sunday morning and the mall doesn't open till 11 am on Sundays. I used to frequent the Estee Lauder counter and the cosmetician always did such a nice job. That is a bargain. Like you said, all you have to do is buy one product and they'll do your whole face.

blend your make up...dont get that clown look where you mask is visible cause the neck is not blended in...watch heavy mascara on your lower lashes..causes shadows...i prefer smokey shades for eye shadows...you can use the same shades for day..and night...at night simply wet a q tip and apply the eye shadow that way...will be a deeper shade...o and dont pluck from above the eyebrows...under only...

blend your make up...dont get that clown look where you mask is visible cause the neck is not blended in...watch heavy mascara on your lower lashes..causes shadows...i prefer smokey shades for eye shadows...you can use the same shades for day..and night...at night simply wet a q tip and apply the eye shadow that way...will be a deeper shade...o and dont pluck from above the eyebrows...under only...

Would you recommend any particular mascara? I haven't had much luck with them in the past. They usually leave my eyes all smudged even right after I apply them. Boy am I going to have fun curling them. When you're clamping your eyelashes with those curlers, it really looks like some sort of weird torture device. I had one of those that actually applied heat to the lashes and they seemed to work much better.

Would you recommend any particular mascara? I haven't had much luck with them in the past. They usually leave my eyes all smudged even right after I apply them. Boy am I going to have fun curling them. When you're clamping your eyelashes with those curlers, it really looks like some sort of weird torture device. I had one of those that actually applied heat to the lashes and they seemed to work much better.
I am telling you go with the fake eye lashes, you can get them smaller so you don't like a drag queen.
but the best mascara I have gotten so far is that new stuff mabeline colossal. I think the cheap stuff is the best especially mabeline.
Also try prescriptive, I got some stuff of their recently and I really like it!

Forum List

Back