LA Teachers Strike: $73K Is Not Enough

No that would be you. You are the least respected poster on this board.

When three, (count them (3)) teachers and former teachers on this forum tell you that you are full of shit, the smart play would be to believe them.

Why would there be any reason for us to all lie and be in 100% agreement?
That's like three politicians telling us Deep State does not exist. Teachers are the problem. I expect such things. You denying the implosion of public education only underscores it.

Let's step back from this for a moment.

You mean to tell me--seriously--that in inner city LA...I hope I do not have to explain the problems there...where many students do not even speak English in the home and most all students do not live with two biological parents...."teachers are the problem"?

So in your world, if you staffed a school with the most perfect teachers in the entire world, you could bring in a kindergartner who is 4th out of 5 children, speaks no English in the home, comes from grinding poverty, and has already suffered significant trauma in his life, and....what? Tell me what, I mean CLEARLY, you expect to teach him his kindergarten year that would catch him up with the child in Anytown, Iowa who is the firstborn child of two loving parents who comes from a stable home, has had two years of preschool, already knows all his letters and most of his letter sounds, and already loves school.

You explain this to me....

And then you tell me that "Teachers are the problem".
I have taught in foreign nations before. Kids learned too.

A good teacher finds away around obstacles in order to teach. It could be language, it could be handicaps. But a good teacher gets the job done.

And oh, whoop de doop, you taught in a foreign nation. Good for you. 25 years, two states, three districts, more than 10 schools. Thousands and thousands and THOUSANDS of kids, grades pre-kindergarten through 7th. So don't tell me about the two years you probably taught. And you should also know I have no tolerance for lazy, bad teachers. I also, as you can tell, have no tolerance for anyone saying "teachers are the problem"--usually, hapless conservatives who also decry the family breakdown in society but then pretend that somehow, teachers should fix it all at the schoolhouse door.

I mean it. Spare me.

For the record I never said they were a problem. Find one post where I said that

When three, (count them (3)) teachers and former teachers on this forum tell you that you are full of shit, the smart play would be to believe them.

That's like three politicians telling us Deep State does not exist. Teachers are the problem. I expect such things. You denying the implosion of public education only underscores it.

You mean to tell me--seriously--that in inner city LA...I hope I do not have to explain the problems there...where many students do not even speak English in the home and most all students do not live with two biological parents...."teachers are the problem"?

So in your world, if you staffed a school with the most perfect teachers in the entire world, you could bring in a kindergartner who is 4th out of 5 children, speaks no English in the home, comes from grinding poverty, and has already suffered significant trauma in his life, and....what? Tell me what, I mean CLEARLY, you expect to teach him his kindergarten year that would catch him up with the child in Anytown, Iowa who is the firstborn child of two loving parents who comes from a stable home, has had two years of preschool, already knows all his letters and most of his letter sounds, and already loves school.

A good teacher finds away around obstacles in order to teach. It could be language, it could be handicaps. But a good teacher gets the job done.

Here's another one, more on par with teachers:

"Okay, RN, you alone have sole charge of 25 patients tonight. They are all in ICU. Half of them just came out of major heart or brain surgery."

Nurse "WHAT?"

"A good nurse gets the job done."

The teachers at the schools where my kids go only communicate via email or text because class sizes are too big. It is incumbent on parents to educate as much as it is teachers.

That hovels sell for so much might be proof govt is in cahoots with the bankers cause they love them some more real estate taxes......not "market forces"

Here's another one, more on par with teachers:

"Okay, RN, you alone have sole charge of 25 patients tonight. They are all in ICU. Half of them just came out of major heart or brain surgery."

Nurse "WHAT?"

"A good nurse gets the job done."

The teachers at the schools where my kids go only communicate via email or text .....

That is very, very likely untrue.

And oh, whoop de doop, you taught in a foreign nation. Good for you. 25 years, two states, three districts, more than 10 schools. Thousands and thousands and THOUSANDS of kids, grades pre-kindergarten through 7th. So don't tell me about the two years you probably taught. And you should also know I have no tolerance for lazy, bad teachers. I also, as you can tell, have no tolerance for anyone saying "teachers are the problem"--usually, hapless conservatives who also decry the family breakdown in society but then pretend that somehow, teachers should fix it all at the schoolhouse door.

I mean it. Spare me.

For the record I never said they were a problem. Find one post where I said that
Ever see teachers strike on the behalf of the kids?

Teachers are the problem.

I mean it. Spare me.

Conservatives are the problem

I mean it. Spare me.

not in California.....

I mean it. Spare me.

not in California.....

They elected Arnold!

I mean it. Spare me.

Didn’t you claim to have a bunch of friends who are teachers?

If there are no conferences, your school sucks. And you are almost certainly mistaken that the school is empty by 330. That is tremendously unlikely.

School ends at 2 and by 3:30 it’s a ghost town. You’re welcome to come and check it out.

You’re full of shit

I believe in the naked eye test. Aka what I se I believe.

Anecdotal information is not data. You are looking at a microcosm and extrapolating that to the test of the country. In other words, your eyes lie!

I mean it. Spare me.

What about it? They know where I stand.

Teachers rarely stand up for kids interests these days.

I mean it. Spare me.

That is not what strikes are for. You have a basic misunderstanding of the process, and that is why you refuse to accept answers different from your preconceived notion. It is like the the math student being introduced to algebra. "Everyone knows you can't add letters, so this algebra thing is stupid. I can't learn that!"

I mean it. Spare me.

About 95% of the country's teachers are banned from striking for any reason by law, so how can you make such a ridiculous claim in the first place?

$73 grand isn't enough in LA but frankly nobody has the unlimited funds to give them what they want.

I mean it. Spare me.

Ya, conservatives control the Los Angeles USD.

You morons spin faster than a Maytag on over voltage.

I mean it. Spare me.

You are completely full of shit. Your posts here are all lies and prejudice.

I mean it. Spare me.

About 95% of the country's teachers are banned from striking for any reason by law, so how can you make such a ridiculous claim in the first place?
Thanks for verifying that teachers only protest to make money for themselves and never to help the kids.

I mean it. Spare me.

You are completely full of shit. Your posts here are all lies and prejudice.
Ya, LAUSD is the best school district in America and churns out most of their kids knowing how to survive and advance in life.

I mean it. Spare me.

I never said you did. Generally however, many conservatives magically expect teachers to solve problems with little to no resources when they would never, ever expect this of other professions. It's so common it's expected for conservatives to just blame the teachers when the kids don't learn--even if the kids are from the most horrid family situations you can imagine. As if teachers can supersede human development by some kind of magic.

Thanks for verifying that teachers only protest to make money for themselves and never to help the kids.

Correction: UNIONS only protest to make money or whatever. Teachers stand up to all kind of things all the time. Sometimes even parents, sometimes the kids themselves, their bosses, society, etc. For kids. Every day, in fact, unless they're bad teachers, and there are some.

And the good ones get increasingly exhausted because not only are we doing good work that is difficult, we are being told we should do more and more and more. Whassamatter with us, we can't MAKE all these kids learn?

Forum List

Back