La nina may form later this year!

index.php

This explains why 1-2 is cooling fast near the south American coastline, but 3.4 appears to be solid at the moment well into the 1+'s.

Speaking of infrastructure... We need a north/south dam across the Pacific. Keep out those Chinese boat people. And all that Japanese plastic floating around. East for East and West for West. Big tourist attraction. Hotel in the middle of the Pacific. Think of the fishing.

You should move to China and chide them about their carbon footprint

People are idiots. We in calif are still in a drought.Yes we have a snow pack now. Yes, it rained. Yes, some of the lakes have filled up a smidge. So now the cities are talking about lifting the water usage limits. :cuckoo:

Me? I plan to keep cutting back. Grass is now almost dead with this furious wind we have been having. Dried everything out. I am keeping the small trees alive cuz I built a trench around them, and the scant few potted plants I have left I still water, and I kept a small section of grass that is about 4ftx6ft and watered from when I take a shower and use a bucket to water it with. But people here will start with the lawn watering again and buying plants and doing what they were doing before and when June hits and the water levels disappear and the lakes go down again..they will start to cry again and woe woe woe is them.

Idiots.

Yep. Right on the schedule that the scientists said was most likely. With the three month lag for effects, that still puts 2016 as a year with mostly El Nino affects.

People are idiots. We in calif are still in a drought.Yes we have a snow pack now. Yes, it rained. Yes, some of the lakes have filled up a smidge. So now the cities are talking about lifting the water usage limits. :cuckoo:

Me? I plan to keep cutting back. Grass is now almost dead with this furious wind we have been having. Dried everything out. I am keeping the small trees alive cuz I built a trench around them, and the scant few potted plants I have left I still water, and I kept a small section of grass that is about 4ftx6ft and watered from when I take a shower and use a bucket to water it with. But people here will start with the lawn watering again and buying plants and doing what they were doing before and when June hits and the water levels disappear and the lakes go down again..they will start to cry again and woe woe woe is them.

Idiots.
Actually 2/3rds of a normal snow pack. Hardly enough to make up for the drought. Everyone hoped for more than that, and, from past El Nino's, there should have been more than that. However, most of the rainfall went north.

Could the constant under water volcanic eruptions in the Pacific Ocean have anything to do with the temperature of that ocean affecting global climate?

What? You dismiss volcanic eruptions in the Pacific Ocean? Might as well dismiss Hawaii.

And since Obama claims to have been born there, might as well.

Not only no but hell no....how could molten rock possibly warm water? Only CO2 has that sort of power.

Idiots.

You live in an area with a very long history of drought....often lasting hundreds of years....look around you...the natural, native flora and fauna are doing just fine....when native plants start dying off then you have a basis for concern...till then, you live in a desert...what do you expect?

Could the constant under water volcanic eruptions in the Pacific Ocean have anything to do with the temperature of that ocean affecting global climate?

What? You dismiss volcanic eruptions in the Pacific Ocean? Might as well dismiss Hawaii.

Not only no but hell no....how could molten rock possibly warm water? Only CO2 has that sort of power.

Since you have not indicated otherwise, I take your post as attempt at sarcasm and humor.

If not, then you are just an idiot, plain and simple.

Since you have not indicated otherwise, I take your post as attempt at sarcasm and humor.

I was being serious....if the native plants and animals are doing OK, then you are not truly in a drought.....you live in a desert....an area with a very long history of actual drought sometimes going on for hundreds of years....

I was being serious....if the native plants and animals are doing OK, then you are not truly in a drought.....you live in a desert....an area with a very long history of actual drought sometimes going on for hundreds of years....

OK, then, you are an idiot. Plain and simple.

At a minimum it would need to be a decan trapps event from just offshore central America all the way to 160 west to even start to warm this much water. This event would have to start and stop every 3-4 years on the tip of a hat(within months!). History shows that this can't happen and what you're saying is idiocy.

The "Atlantic Nino" is now the interesting thing. That is, the very warm tropical Atlantic. And whether it wins the fight with the Greenland cold blob. That will determine what happens in hurricane season, given how the hurricane-destroying wind shear from El Nino will presumably be gone.

Forum List

Back