Kids of lesbians have fewer behavioral problems, study suggests

Just think. The op leads us to believe in the superiority of gays. especially in raising children. If we were all of the superior "gay" class we could all go out and work for a living. pay our taxes, be superior patriots, have equal rights, and not worry about children. we could even visit each other in the hospital. but the question remains, what should be done with the ob ward?

Could you point out where the superiority part comes in?

no, just how much, if at all, does it affect their wellbeing that their kid is gay?

i imagine someone could simultaneously love their child and be very uncomfortable with their sexual identity and that that would have an effect.
Del, having kids destroys your well being...don't you know that already?

:redface:

i feel so silly now
:lol: My MIL tells me after the kids turn 25 I'll no longer be insane.

No, but it beats the alternative propaganda.

which alternative propaganda would that be?

i'd be interested in a study that shows how well adjusted the parents of lesbians are, btw, got any?

The alternative propaganda is that gay adoption should be discouraged or made illegal and gay marriage should not be legal.

And that gays make corrupt parents and should have their children taken away. I've seen that.

Here's an article from 2006 that agrees with this latest study.

There is ample evidence to show that children raised by same-gender parents fare as well as those raised by heterosexual parents. More than 25 years of research have documented that there is no relationship between parents' sexual orientation and any measure of a child's emotional, psychosocial, and behavioral adjustment. These data have demonstrated no risk to children as a result of growing up in a family with 1 or more gay parents. Conscientious and nurturing adults, whether they are men or women, heterosexual or homosexual, can be excellent parents. The rights, benefits, and protections of civil marriage can further strengthen these families.

The Effects of Marriage, Civil Union, and Domestic Partnership Laws on the Health and Well-being of Children -- Pawelski et al. 118 (1): 349 -- Pediatrics

There is ample evidence to show that children raised by same-gender parents fare as well as those raised by heterosexual parents. More than 25 years of research have documented that there is no relationship between parents' sexual orientation and any measure of a child's emotional, psychosocial, and behavioral adjustment. These data have demonstrated no risk to children as a result of growing up in a family with 1 or more gay parents. Conscientious and nurturing adults, whether they are men or women, heterosexual or homosexual, can be excellent parents. The rights, benefits, and protections of civil marriage can further strengthen these families.

The Effects of Marriage, Civil Union, and Domestic Partnership Laws on the Health and Well-being of Children -- Pawelski et al. 118 (1): 349 -- Pediatrics

not really. the study you linked certainly implies, imo, that lesbians make superior parents or more accurately that their parenting results in a superior outcome. this says nothing of the sort (see bolded portion with which i agree wholeheartedly)

HMM

78 couples. How large of a sample do you need to accurately predict the outcomes of several hundred million children raised in various homes?

A hell of a lot more than 78 I would think.

not really. the study you linked certainly implies, imo, that lesbians make superior parents or more accurately that their parenting results in a superior outcome. this says nothing of the sort (see bolded portion with which i agree wholeheartedly)
Fair enough. I doubt that the children in the OP's study are more well adjusted because their mothers are lesbians but because their mothers are more involved in their lives and their children were planned.

No, but it beats the alternative propaganda.

which alternative propaganda would that be?

i'd be interested in a study that shows how well adjusted the parents of lesbians are, btw, got any?
This one recommends having dogs lick the kids butt crack as the cure for diaper rash.
So yeah, well adjust all around

It always amuses me when people photoshop something into something it is not....and then think they are making some kind of point. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well adjusted as in it is their fault their kids are lesbians? No.

no, just how much, if at all, does it affect their wellbeing that their kid is gay?

i imagine someone could simultaneously love their child and be very uncomfortable with their sexual identity and that that would have an effect.

Hell has frozen over! I actually agree with you about something! :lol:

Hell has frozen over! I actually agree with you about something! :lol:
The proper response is a pos rep...jeesh!

Forum List

Back