Keeping Biden Off The Ballot

Legally they can't keep Trump off the ballot. The Constitution says the president must be at least 35 and not born in Kenya.

It says nothing about criminal convictions.
It doesn't require a criminal conviction. Read the 14th amendment section 3. It only requires they participated in or aided those who committed sedition. No conviction requirement in the constitution.

Interesting question!

Regardless of any laws, the states can print the ballots any way they please.

Would any of the states dare? Would any patriots stand up to right the wrongs?

Or is this an idea that's too farfetched to even waste time considering.

To the main point: Was the outcome of the attempted coup ever determined?
Unfortunately, I could see the left attempting to do this. And, I believe you are right, since pretty much all states are dark red but for large cities, I don't believe patriots would put up with this nonsense. It might just be what would set off our second civil war.

No. He fomented insurrection. Got his followers to actually do the heavy lifting for him..while he watched everything unfold on TV like a giddy schoolboy.
Again, he is being prosecuted for his actions.
And Bernie Sanders incited one of his followers to go to DC and shoot up Republicans by calling for a revolution.

The problem with that theory is that keeping Trump off the ballot would be a constitutional mandate. Where keeping Biden off the ballot has no legal support at all. Just the hopes and dreams of republicans, and the constant repetition of "but... but... but... Hunter Bidens laptop..."
It would be an interpretation of a Constitutional mandate. Republican led states can come up with their very own interpretations of Constitutional mandates to keep Biden off the ballot.

One side is in the right and the other side is wrong. The question is still left undecided.

If the 2020 election was stolen then Biden has no legal right to be on any future ballots!

Read the constitution again. You will need to impeach and convict Biden in order to do that. And you won't get 66 votes in the senate.

It doesn't require a criminal conviction. Read the 14th amendment section 3. It only requires they participated in or aided those who committed sedition. No conviction requirement in the constitution.
And Republican states could do the very same with Biden. Hell, Biden is on record with plenty of evidence where he admitted to selling state secrets.

It would be an interpretation of a Constitutional mandate. Republican led states can come up with their very own interpretations of Constitutional mandates to keep Biden off the ballot.
Then how about mentioning actual words in the constitution that would do that.
Other than impeachment, the 14th and the 25th there are no other disqualifiers. And the 25th doesn't disqualify re-election.

Under what section of the Constitution would they do that.

Trump violated Amendment 14 section 3.

What did Biden do?
Biden admitted to selling state secrets. You have no evidence that Trump did what you say, except for interpreting things to your advantage.

A conviction is how you prove someone did something illegal.
Amendment 14 section 3 doesn't require a conviction for aiding and abetting.
Only that one has done so. Of course a conviction would be absolute proof of it, but not necessary.

Unfortunately, I could see the left attempting to do this. And, I believe you are right, since pretty much all states are dark red but for large cities, I don't believe patriots would put up with this nonsense. It might just be what would set off our second civil war.
It's really just one more question that has to remain unanswered.

Had the attempted coup been answered with finality on Jan.6th. then nothing of this sort would ever be contemplated.

America must not continue to shirk its responsibility of dealing with the question.

That in no way suggests that one side is right and the other side is wrong. It only suggests that the question can't continue to be avoided.

Is America's government and Constitution worthy of patriots taking action on it's behalf?

Or has Trump been right all along about the stolen election?

Forum List

Back