Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill against gay couples

Well lets see L. Ingraham adopted 3 kids and never married so she is playing dual roles, she is Mother and Father. Not quite the same as being a divorcee and sharing the kids or having to raise kids while being single.

She premeditated adopting kids without being married , so since she can be daddy and mommy to her kids, I'd say it ok. Then again, she has money. Seems rules always change when on is a multi millionaire or even millionaire.
She has no contract saying the children will be banished from a father under their roof for life. Lesbians do. It's the contractual bind that makes the difference where kids' rights are concerned.

That’s the old 1970’s/1980’s view.
Since then, empirical data has demonstrated the need for a mother and a father, too.
Horseshit!! Where is the data ? Don't you ever get tired of lying??
No lying here. Empirical. Every mostly-black jurisdiction suffers from social demise coinciding with depleted family structure.
Get out of the past!

Since then, empirical data has demonstrated the need for a mother and a father, too.
No lying here. Empirical. Every mostly-black jurisdiction suffers from social demise coinciding with depleted family structure.
Get out of the past!
If your not lying, you're just ignorant.

You are comparing children raised in segregated environments which tend to be poor, with all of the social ills that are associated with poverty, including single parent homes and broken homes, with children raised by a gay couple? That is moronic! It is a false equivalency logical fallacy. Only a dumb fuck would actually believe that such a comparison constitutes anything close to valid social research.

Get out of the past!

You are comparing children raised in segregated environments which tend to be poor, with all of the social ills that are associated with poverty, including single parent homes and broken homes, with children raised by a gay couple? That is moronic! It is a false equivalency logical fallacy. Only a dumb fuck would actually believe that such a comparison constitutes anything close to valid social research.
Nope, they’re not poor.
$73k median income here in mostly black, high-crime, failing schools, suburban PG County, MD.
Progress a little already!

Get out of the past!

Nope, they’re not poor.
$73k median income here in mostly black, high-crime, failing schools, suburban PG County, MD.
You're still not making a damned bit of sense, but you never due. A same sex couple is not a "depleted family structure" What makes this even more stupid than I thought is the fact that it now comes to light that you taking one county with whatever the hell is going on there and using it to "prove" that kids need a mom and a dad. I am just fucking amazed. I have trouble believing that you believe your own bullshit, but sadly I think that you do.

I have to take a minute to express my profound disgust and dismay at the way this thread has continued to be a torrent of vile swill of hatred directed at gay and lesbian people and casting aspersions on their fitness as parents. The people who are responsible for this have no shame and will stop at nothing, however bizarre and hateful, in an attempt to thwart the advancement of gay rights and have no qualms about using children as pawn in their failed fight against equality.

Some of you are knowingly lying, while others have whipped themselves into a delusional frenzy. Either way, it is equally despicable because anyone who believes the bovine excrement that has been bandied about here had to have hatred in their hearts to begin with, and have seized on the lies that have been spoon fed to them to validate their bigotry. I will not be wasting my time and energy by trying to educate you with actual data. You have no interest in the truth and your intellectual capacity is too limited to even know truth if it bit you in the ass. All that you are capable of are appeals to ignorance, and don’t even think that you have to back up your stupidity. Feel free to wallow in your ignorance and hatred until your fucking heads explode.

I sincerely believe that gay and lesbian people make fine parents, and that the children who are in their care suffer when the parents are discriminated against and not allowed to marry. This belief is not only based on a review of credible and peer reviewed literature, but also my personal, professional experience working in a child welfare agency where I not only investigated child abuse-including sexual abuse, but placed children into foster and adoptive homes. And, some of those foster and adoptive parents were gay.

Gay people have been a valuable resource and have taken in older and hard to place children with a good deal of success. My state of New Jersey was the first to allow joint adoption by gay couples some 28 years ago. All states now allow adoption by gays. The only problems that are cited are anecdotal accounts of occasional abuse or a child who is unhappy about not having a mom and a dad, or propaganda from right wing hate groups. Let me remind you people that children who are placed for adoption have NO PARENTS, and, regardless of what they want or need, and regardless of whether we allow same sex marriage, there will always be children who do not have a mother and a father.

There is an airtight case for what I'm saying, and no one has been able to refute it. The only thing that you have are lies and myths to promote fear about gay people and gay parenting, not out of any real concern for the children but to advance their bigoted religious and political agenda. Now :shutupsmiley:

The SCOTUS is my shepherd; I shall not want.

They maketh me high like good religmo boys, they feedeth me lies on constitutional matters

They restoreth my soul: they leadeth me in the paths of homophobia in HIS name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadowy faggots, I fear no homo, for thou art with me; thy bible thumps comfort me.

Thou preparest a Congress before me in the presence of mine faggot enemies: thou fillest my head with bullsh*t…. my maga cap runneth over

Surely the seedy mercenaries shall pick my pockets all my life, and I will dwell with the KKKristians forever

~S~

I have to take a minute to express my profound disgust and dismay at the way this thread has continued to be a torrent of vile swill of hatred directed at gay and lesbian people and casting aspersions on their fitness as parents. The people who are responsible for this have no shame and will stop at nothing, however bizarre and hateful, in an attempt to thwart the advancement of gay rights and have no qualms about using children as pawn in their failed fight against equality.

Some of you are knowingly lying, while others have whipped themselves into a delusional frenzy. Either way, it is equally despicable because anyone who believes the bovine excrement that has been bandied about here had to have hatred in their hearts to begin with, and have seized on the lies that have been spoon fed to them to validate their bigotry. I will not be wasting my time and energy by trying to educate you with actual data. You have no interest in the truth and your intellectual capacity is too limited to even know truth if it bit you in the ass. All that you are capable of are appeals to ignorance, and don’t even think that you have to back up your stupidity. Feel free to wallow in your ignorance and hatred until your fucking heads explode.

I sincerely believe that gay and lesbian people make fine parents, and that the children who are in their care suffer when the parents are discriminated against and not allowed to marry. This belief is not only based on a review of credible and peer reviewed literature, but also my personal, professional experience working in a child welfare agency where I not only investigated child abuse-including sexual abuse, but placed children into foster and adoptive homes. And, some of those foster and adoptive parents were gay.

Gay people have been a valuable resource and have taken in older and hard to place children with a good deal of success. My state of New Jersey was the first to allow joint adoption by gay couples some 28 years ago. All states now allow adoption by gays. The only problems that are cited are anecdotal accounts of occasional abuse or a child who is unhappy about not having a mom and a dad, or propaganda from right wing hate groups. Let me remind you people that children who are placed for adoption have NO PARENTS, and, regardless of what they want or need, and regardless of whether we allow same sex marriage, there will always be children who do not have a mother and a father.

There is an airtight case for what I'm saying, and no one has been able to refute it. The only thing that you have are lies and myths to promote fear about gay people and gay parenting, not out of any real concern for the children but to advance their bigoted religious and political agenda. Now :shutupsmiley:

upload_2018-7-5_15-53-29.png

Get out of the past!

Nope, they’re not poor.
You're still not making a damned bit of sense, but you never due. A same sex couple is not a "depleted family structure" What makes this even more stupid than I thought is the fact that it now comes to light that you taking one county with whatever the hell is going on there and using it to "prove" that kids need a mom and a dad. I am just fucking amazed. I have trouble believing that you believe your own bullshit, but sadly I think that you do.
A structured family is made up of children and the parents who created them. The more we get away from that the more trouble we create. The data is unique to a period beyond the 1960’s and it is empirical.
Not to mention that contrived alternatives to structured families denies children the very basic human right to be raised by their actual parents.
Cruel and selfish.
Progress a little and grow a heart.

Get out of the past!

Nope, they’re not poor.
A structured family is made up of children and the parents who created them. The more we get away from that the more trouble we create. The data is unique to a period beyond the 1960’s and it is empirical.
Not to mention that contrived alternatives to structured families denies children the very basic human right to be raised by their actual parents.
Cruel and selfish.

Just another unsubstantiated boatload of bigoted bovine inane excrement. By you definition of a "structured family" A heterosexual couple who adopts children whos parents were killed in an accident, or who lost custody because of abuse, is not a "structured family" -because they "did not create them" Your brain is to "unstructured " to begin to understand how stupid that is. And by the way, gay people do create children. They are not sterile or "barren" Geeeezus fucking Christ!!

Last edited:
Written prior to Obergefell:

While marriage equality for gay and lesbian people is making astounding advances and is likely to be the law of the land by next June, there are still many who are resisting the inevitable. Opponents of equality are at the end of their legal rope, with every argument ever devised having been decimated by the courts.

The most egregious of those arguments is that gay people make bad parents, that children should have a mom and a dad, and that they do less well when they don’t. All of that has been debunked numerous times but that is not the focus of this post. Rather, it is that like it or not, for better or worse, gay people do and will continue to have children in their care and when we allow discrimination against those gay parents, we penalize the children.

Extract from Kennedy's Windsor Opinion - The differentiation demeans the couple, whose moral and sexual choices the Constitution protects, see Lawrence, 539 U. S. 558 , and whose relationship the State has sought to dignify. And it humiliates tens of thousands of children now being raised by same-sex couples. The law in question makes it even more difficult for the children to understand the integrity and closeness of their own family and its concord with other families in their community and in their daily lives. ... DOMA also brings financial harm to children of same-sex couples. It raises the cost of health care for families by taxing health benefits provided by employers to their workers’ same-sex spouses. See 26 U. S. C. §106; Treas. Reg. §1.106–1, 26 CFR §1.106–1 (2012); IRS Private Letter Ruling 9850011 (Sept. 10, 199 . And it denies or re- duces benefits allowed to families upon the loss of a spouse and parent, benefits that are an integral part of family security. See Social Security Administration, Social Security Survivors Benefits 5 (2012) (benefits available to a surviving spouse caring for the couple’s child), online at http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10084.pdf.

Marriage Equality and adoption…The Right Thing to do For The Children By Progressive Patriot 9.12.14

People who use children to assail gay marriage and adoption either have not given much thought to the down side of these bans-or – are being intellectually dishonest in saying that they take their position on behalf of the children which they really care little about.

adoption It is a logical fallacy-an appeal to ignorance if you will to insist that same sex marriage and of children by gays will be detrimental to those children, and that society as a whole, will somehow be harmed by these arrangements. Many will take the position that children are entitled to a “mom and a dad” That may be so but the reality is that many people in this life do not have everything that they are entitled to. There are many children without both a mother and a father, and some without either. Banning gay marriage and adoption is not going to change that.

Children also have a right to a stable, nurturing and permanent home and it is well established that that goal can be realized in a variety of family structures. The NJ Department of Families and Children-the public agency charged with the responsibility of finding adoptive homes for children –states, in part, on their web site that no one will be denied the opportunity to adopt based on sexual orientation. In fact, the Department’s Division of Child Protection and Permanency (formerly DYFS) has been placing children for adoption with gay and lesbian people- those who are single and those who are in a relationship- for decades with good outcomes for the children. And there are many, many more who still need homes while there is a dearth of people willing and able to adopt them. I know this because I worked in the foster care and adoption field in New Jersey for 26 years. I might add that children who are placed for adoption are already in a situation where they have neither a mother nor a father available to them. To imply that that a child would better off languishing in the foster care system as a ward of the state, then to be adopted into a nontraditional family is beyond absurd.

Furthermore, the vast majority of child psychologists will tell you that there are far more important factors that impact a child’s development than the gender or sexual orientation of the parents. No doubt that one could dredge up research studies that claim to prove that gay parenting is harmful. However, well established organizations like the American Psychological Association take the position that gay and lesbian parents are just as capable of rearing emotionally healthy children as anyone else. Yet even if family composition was, as some purport, a critical factor in children’s development, the fact is that there are and will always be children in non-traditional living situations where they do not have a mother and a father. Like it or not, it is also a fact that gay and lesbian people have children, be it from a prior relationship, adoption, or surrogacy.

Denying gay and lesbians the opportunity to marry does nothing to ensure that any greater number of children will have a home with a mother and a father. All that will be accomplished will be to deny numerous children the legal rights, protections, status and stability that comes with having married parents. And, to deny gays the ability to adopt will only ensure that more children will have neither a mother nor a father. Everyone is entitled to their moral views and religious beliefs but it is disingenuous and opprobrious to use children as pawns in the lost fight against equality by bloviating about how children would be harmed by it. While single people can be great parents, the benefits to children of having two parents is undeniable

The benefits to children of allowing two people who are in a committed relationship to be married are obvious for anyone willing to look at the issue objectively. Those who truly care about children should be willing to open all of the possible pathways for them to be adopted and to have married parents when possible.

'Structured family' is a tad debatable Ppat, some believe it left this country sometime around the Nixon ,maybe Regan era , at least in the traditional 'happy days' ideal.

I'm not blaming any one potus, just pointing out that economics were a huge influence in said debate

Being that you're in the biz, i'm probably preaching to the chior. You've seen the 'innocents' , the abuse, along with what the bureacracy can ,and can not do

I've a history as well, i know how hard it is to maintain a level of professionalism , while they tear your heart out.

So doesn't it come down to the simplicity of just loving them , and if someone can do that it's all good?

But that isn't enough for the haters , they've got to judge ,along with thier biblical bullsh*t , even when the children and society in general could benefit.

Arguing with sorts who's morality hails from some pie in the sky mentality is an excersize in celestial futilty ( i want reparations for those nazi nuns in the 60's)

allbeit yet another valaint stab here in the seveth level of USMB h*ll

See why i just tie one on and post goofy poetry....?

~S~

What the fuck is the " sodomites agenda" and what is it costing you?
My AMERICAN culture
Your American culture ? Who the hell are you to think that you get to define "American Culture" American Culture is not stagnant. It is always changing. Gay people are very much a part of current American culture. Get used to it.

And Mr Tax Payer, you did not answer the question. What is gay rights costing you?

Last edited:
Structured family' is a tad debatable Ppat, some believe it left this country sometime around the Nixon ,maybe Regan era , at least in the traditional 'happy days' ideal.
Of course. I'm just saying that these idiots don't consider anything other than a man and a woman as parents to children that they birthed as legitimate, "structured " families. The family today takes many forms.

Structured family' is a tad debatable Ppat, some believe it left this country sometime around the Nixon ,maybe Regan era , at least in the traditional 'happy days' ideal.
Of course. I'm just saying that these idiots don't consider anything other than a man and a woman as parents to children that they birthed as legitimate, "structured " families. The family today takes many forms.

I wonder how many family forms the detractors here take?

How many here are married (1st and only time), sole supporter of owner occupied house, with stay home wife / mother?

Roll Call!!!!

giphy.gif

Get out of the past!

Nope, they’re not poor.
Cruel and selfish.

Just another unsubstantiated boatload of bigoted bovine inane excrement. By you definition of a "structured family" A heterosexual couple who adopts children whos parents were killed in an accident, or who lost custody because of abuse, is not a "structured family" -because they "did not create them" Your brain is to "unstructured " to begin to understand how stupid that is. And by the way, gay people do create children. They are not sterile or "barren" Geeeezus fucking Christ!!
Resorting to dog-wagging anecdotal incidents is a logic surrender.

Forum List

Back