Trump wants Kaepernick & West for White House race summit

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Well, that's interesting. Kudos for Trump if he can make it happen.
Yup. I've been saying all along - and I could end up being wrong as hell - that any real progress might have to begin from within popular culture, not politics, not policy. That's not really a good thing, but that's the way this country is geared right now.

This could be a perfect start. I'll take anything that involves actual effort at this point. Then, hopefully, the momentum builds.

Nice. Thanks, Mr. President, this is LONG OVERDUE. Two well-known figures TALKING with high national visibility.

We need to start somewhere: President Trump Wants Colin Kaepernick, Quarterback He Vilified, and Kanye West for Summit on Race

I hope this happens, and I hope it starts REAL dialogue and communication and LISTENING.

Maybe they'll find a few points ON WHICH THEY CAN AGREE.

I was hoping for something like this from the prior administration.
The prior administration had the beer summit that was widely mocked by republicans.

The prior administration had the beer summit that was widely mocked by republicans.
Ah, the "beer summit". Eight years, and we got the "beer summit".

We've never had a President more prepared and qualified to tackle our race issues head-on than Obama. Not even close. Yet in eight years, he did little more than vote "present".

I know you're ideologically obligated to spin for him. But as an Independent, that was by far my biggest disappointment with his administration.

We've never had a President more prepared and qualified to tackle our race issues head-on than Obama. Not even close. Yet in eight years, he did little more than vote "present".

I know you're ideologically obligated to spin for him. But as an Independent, that was by far my biggest disappointment with his administration.
So the beer summit doesn't matter and I'm the guy obligated to spin for pointing out a fact? Sure bud, your a real true independent!:laugh:

So the beer summit doesn't matter and I'm the guy obligated to spin for pointing out a fact? Sure bud, your a real true independent!:laugh:
I'm hoping for the best, you're deflecting.

Even though I voted against Trump, I don't care if he gets credit if this goes well. I just care about results.

The last thing you'd want is for this to actually work. Not with Trump in the White House.

I'm hoping for the best, you're deflecting.

Even though I voted against Trump, I don't care if he gets credit if this goes well. I just care about results.

The last thing you'd want is for this to actually work. Not with Trump in the White House.
Now you are making my statements and thoughts for me? Nice one bud.

Kanye discussing racial issues is almost as dumb as Dennis Rodman dealing with foreign relations. Sounds like something Trump would come up with.

Yeah, instead of inviting intellectuals and folks who actually got the shit beat out of them on a bridge in Selma, let’s invite multi millionaires to discuss the hardships blacks face due to skin color.

Trump equates money with substance. Both men have @ specialized skill set that society endows in sports and art. That is pretty much the only reason anyone cares about their opinions and it adds zero validity to those opinions. Want to talk about racism in sports, put Doug Williams on the team or James Blake. Racism in music? I’m sure Kanye can weigh in on that. Rich folks can and do face racism, of course. Money is an invisible commodity that doesn’t trump skin color. Yet somehow having millionaires discussing with other millionaires their hardships is likely to have little impact on the ground.

seems like it's just a directed reality show stunt.... :(
Maybe we can hope for the best, huh? Regardless of who gets any credit?
you actually think somethings gonna happen from it?

Candycorn is spot on with her post, imo.

Trump purposely gets Kaepernick blackballed from getting a job on the field and now wants to hear what he has to say?

I don't buy it.....

Trump purposely gets Kaepernick blackballed from getting a job on the field and now wants to hear what he has to say?

I don't buy it.....
Well, I'll hope for the best, as I always do. Regardless of who gets credit.

I don't buy it.....
Well, I'll hope for the best, as I always do. Regardless of who gets credit.
fingers crossed! let's hope for the best!

Can we agree that Kaepernick was not disrespecting our military or our anthem by kneeling?

That seems like a good place to begin our mature, adult, dialogue.

Forum List

Back