Just do us all a favor and kill yourselves.

Good for him.

I'd be for helping them if they cannot bring themsevles to do the honorable thing, too.

Would you be saying the same thing is someone were calling for other people who have performed poorly and are taking handouts from the government were asked to kill themselves... you know... individuals taking government handouts and benefiting off of failure at the expense of taxpayers?

Just sayin'

Yes. Suicide is such an underrated option.
he did give 2 options

You know, in certain older, civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords.
1127582750sqoperative.jpg

And neither does our government that encouraged, strong armed banks into loaning money to people who had no means or intention of ever paying it back.

I really wish Grassley hadn't backed away from these comments. They're brilliant:

Senator suggests AIG execs should kill themselves

"I suggest, you know, obviously, maybe they ought to be removed," Grassley said. "But I would suggest the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better toward them if they'd follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say, I'm sorry, and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide.

Yeah, Grassly is absolutely right; except he didn't draw the same conclusion about THE LEFTISTS THAT STARTED THE WHOLE DAMN THING...

These men COMPLETELY screwed their investors, they miused the trust imparted to them and they've dishonored themselves... but no less so than the Leftists in congress, SUCH AS BAWNEY FWANK and the whole of the Black Congressional Caucus, who coerced the others into making bad decisions, then advancing quasi-guarantees against potential losses that they could NEVER HOPE to cover...

I say the INSTANT that Lil Bawney Fwank and the wretched Maxine Waters slit their respective hearts open that the Executes of the failing financial institutions should step in right behind them.

But what I'd LOVE to see is a special prosecutor... to investigate the entire THING and PARTICULARLY THE OUTRAGEOUS ABUSE OF POWER BY THE LEFTIST LEGISLATORS who are at the ROOT OF THIS ENTIRE THING.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I really wish Grassley hadn't backed away from these comments. They're brilliant:

"I suggest, you know, obviously, maybe they ought to be removed," Grassley said. "But I would suggest the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better toward them if they'd follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say, I'm sorry, and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide.

What I love about this is that we are seeing a Senator that gives a rat's ass about the people of this nation come forward for once. Granted he would have been lashed by every spokesperson the White House has behind closed doors but his feelings on the matter are endearing in my mind. ^_^

This point of view towards people who would hurt this nation is Change I can believe in and would support. :tongue:

Good for him.

I'd be for helping them if they cannot bring themsevles to do the honorable thing, too.

Thanks to folks like you ,the employees of AIG have been getting death threats. And now have tightenend security at work. Good going.:cuckoo:
It's actually because of people like Senator Grassley. And you and your ilk's hysterical anti-Americanism and hypocrisy.

He did give them a couple of options, you know. People who have failed so abysmally, and by their overreaching and greed, harmed thousands or even millions of other people, have an obligation to feel shame and remorse for their actions. If they aren't going to fall on the sword literally, they should do so figuratively, and quit. I see no reason why AIG executives should be compensated to the tune of millions of dollars by the American people for abject failure.

He did give them a couple of options, you know. People who have failed so abysmally, and by their overreaching and greed, harmed thousands or even millions of other people, have an obligation to feel shame and remorse for their actions. If they aren't going to fall on the sword literally, they should do so figuratively, and quit. I see no reason why AIG executives should be compensated to the tune of millions of dollars by the American people for abject failure.
I agree, the ones that are responsible should feel remorse for their actions, and if they did anything criminal they should be charged. Since we don't actually know who these bonuses went to...the employees that didn't succumb to greed or the one's that did...he's nothing more than a vigilante.

I agree, the ones that are responsible should feel remorse for their actions, and if they did anything criminal they should be charged. Since we don't actually know who these bonuses went to...the employees that didn't succumb to greed or the one's that did...he's nothing more than a vigilante.

I think that we can safely assume that anyone above a certain level shares responsibility for the failure of the business. That doesn't mean that we should criminally charge them, but they sure as hell should not be rewarded with lucrative million dollar bonuses, and most of them should be canned.

God, Grassley is such a mess. Why would he even say something like this?

Because it is true?

Because there is something rotten in the state of Denmark?

Because corporate America has no pride, no ethics, no values, no morality at all except for their greedy fat piggy fingers clutching for a dollah, dollah, dollah?

Because really, if a corporate executive runs a company into the ground, costing everyone else billions, and ruining the lives of thousands of employees, the least he/she could do is feel enough shame to take the honorable way out?

Because shame is a truly underrated concept in modern America?

Because he is speaking on behalf of the average American who is hurting right now because of the actions of these unethical moneygrubbers?

Because most of us are tired of rewarding stupidity and greed?

Pick one or all of the above.

Too bad you guys seem to be completely blind to the complicit actions of Congress and the Obama administration in all of this. You can substitute 'government' in for 'corporation' in your post and it would be far more accurate.

Here is a good article about executive level pay in the U.S. versus Japan:

U.S. CEOs Could Learn From Their Asian Counterparts

In fact, American executives could learn a thing or two from some of their counterparts abroad. Just look at Haruka Nishimatsu, CEO of Japan Airlines Corp for example (OTC ADR: JALSY).

Each morning, Nishimatsu gets down to business immediately after his morning commute to the office – on a city bus.

His desk – like those of all the other Japan Airlines employees – sits in the middle of an “open office.” I know this from personal experience, having sat at a desk just like that when I’ve worked in Japan over the years. He eats lunch in the company cafeteria and hopes – like all Japanese employees – that he’ll have time to eat his meal before it gets cold as he stands in line waiting to pay, says CNN’s Kyung Lah.

This hardly sounds like the life of a corporate CEO, especially when you consider that JAL is one of the world’s top airlines. Nor does the fact that when JAL cut back and asked many of its employees to take early retirement, Nishimatsu first eliminated every one of his own corporate perks, including his own pay – which, at a mere $90,000 (U.S.), is below what JAL’s pilots get paid.

Nishimatsu noted in the CNN interview that many of the affected employees were about his age, 60, so he “thought he should share the pain with them.”

America's corporate system is out of whack, and it's time for it to get back into some kind of sustainable balance.

I have to agree with you on this. The amounts that these people are being paid is in no way representative of what they actually do for their companies in comparison to lower ranking workers within the same organizations. On top of that, these salaries are not even linked to performance anymore.

I agree in principle with what you are saying, but this amount is .1% of what AIG received in federal tax dollars and that's all anyone is concerned about? This was a media smokescreen generated by the administration to keep create a scapegoat that the public could rally against while avoiding the story about where the rest of the 99.9% went, foreign banks. And the administration and Congress was perfectly aware of these contractual bonus obligations that AIG had made with several of their employees. Not only that, democratic senator Christopher Dodd wrote legislation into the stimulus bill to specifically protect these bonuses. Schumer is in the press announcing how they are going to supposedly tax these bonuses by 90-100% while he is perfectly aware that to do so would be illegal and it will never happen. Christopher Dodd, interestingly enough, was the largest recipient of AIG campaign donations in 2008, who do you think number 2 was?

The american public is so very easily played and they play their role of dupes to perfection every stinking time.

What I love about this is that we are seeing a Senator that gives a rat's ass about the people of this nation come forward for once. Granted he would have been lashed by every spokesperson the White House has behind closed doors but his feelings on the matter are endearing in my mind. ^_^

This point of view towards people who would hurt this nation is Change I can believe in and would support. :tongue:

Explain why they didn't do something about contractual bonuses BEFORE they gave AIG the money? Explain why they wrote legislation into the stimulus bill to protect these contractual bonuses then? They knew about these bonuses whenever they gave AIG the money and said not a damn thing. Now all of a sudden, they're white knights riding into the rescue? Don't you people get it, they are just as complicit in all of this, if not more so, than the AIG executives are.

Explain why they didn't do something about contractual bonuses BEFORE they gave AIG the money? Explain why they wrote legislation into the stimulus bill to protect these contractual bonuses then? They knew about these bonuses whenever they gave AIG the money and said not a damn thing.

Who BUSH II? BOTH times he gave AIG money, you mean?

I explained it. They were busy trying to cope with the potential meltdown of the entire banking system.

Now all of a sudden, they're white knights riding into the rescue?

Bush II isn't riding in to anything. He's no longer in office.

A cat name Obama is now POTUS. And whether he will ride in to save anything is yet to be seen.

Don't you people get it,

Well...we do...you apparently are riding on a wave of partisan misinformation.

You apparently don't realize that Bush II gave AIG TWO rounds of dough while those bonus contracts were already in place and he did NOTHING to modify those contracts.

Perhaps you need to read more and listen to Rush less?

Last edited:

Who BUSH II? BOTH times he gave AIG money, you mean?

I explained it. They were busy trying to cope with the potential meltdown of the entire banking system.

Bush II isn't riding in to anything. He's no longer in office.

A cat name Obama is now POTUS. And whether he will ride in to save anything is yet to be seen.

Don't you people get it,

Well...we do...you apparently are riding on a wave of partisan misinformation.

You apparently don't realize that Bush II gave AIG TWO rounds of dough while those bonus contracts were already in place and he did NOTHING to modify those contracts.

Perhaps you need to read more and listen to Rush less?

I don't listen to Limbaugh, so your assumptions are leading you astray. They were busy trying to deal with the meltdown of the entire financial industry? Tell me, why are the bonuses being brought up now if both the Bush and Obama administration knew about them a long time ago? Why couldn't the idiot Gibbs answer any questions pertaining to that whenever asked at a press conference? Why did Dodd specifically put legislation in the OBAMA stimulus bill to protect said contractual bonuses?

Who were the number 1 and number 2 top recipients of AIG campaign donations in 2008? How much?

Last edited:
I think that you're making the mistaken assumption that because i want to see heads roll at AIG, i don't also want to see them roll amongst the politically corrupt. That's a false dichotomy.

I'm perfectly happy with mass executions of politically corrupt elected officials. I'm saddened, though, that President Obama will probably never accede to such a plan.

See, Newby, you want to politicize this, to make it a partisan issue. I'm not partisan. I'm moderate. I'm one of the few truly objective people on this board who doesn't like either party, but respects a select few elected leaders who aren't corrupt. I'm a huge fan of the blue dog democrats, for instance.

And frankly, I represent the same views as a large mass of the American public. This isn't about party politics as usual. We need to change our entire way of life, including the fact that politicians are being bought and sold by corporate America. That ALL needs to change. It's not an either/or scenario.

So, please, take your republican lapdog mentality elsewhere.

Last edited:
I think that you're making the mistaken assumption that because i want to see heads roll at AIG, i don't also want to see them roll amongst the politically corrupt. That's a false dichotomy.

I'm perfectly happy with mass executions of politically corrupt elected officials. I'm saddened, though, that President Obama will probably never accede to such a plan.

See, Newby, you want to politicize this, to make it a partisan issue. I'm not partisan. I'm moderate. I'm one of the few truly objective people on this board who doesn't like either party, but respects a select few elected leaders who aren't corrupt. I'm a huge fan of the blue dog democrats, for instance.

And frankly, I represent the same views as a large mass of the American public. This isn't about party politics as usual. We need to change our entire way of life, including the fact that politicians are being bought and sold by corporate America. That ALL needs to change. It's not an either/or scenario.

So, please, take your republican lapdog mentality elsewhere.

Pot meet kettle. I'm far from a republican lap dog, so you are completely guilty of what you just accused me of. I am against government completely at this point, regardless of who is in power. My opinion is that the Dems have proven themselves to be much, much more dangerous than the Repubs ever have at this point, but both parties are in this shit up to their eyeballs with the corporations. My comments are for those of you who believe the feds are your 'champions' and are here to protect the individual citizen and their rights. They are not, all you have to do is watch what is going on around you. So, perhaps you should take your own advice before you make random incorrect assumptions, no?

My comments are for those of you who believe the feds are your 'champions' and are here to protect the individual citizen and their rights.

Who in this thread has given you the mistaken impression that most of us posting here think this?

You've jumped into something, guns blazing, without even a clear idea of who/what you're attacking.

Forum List

Back