Just do us all a favor and kill yourselves.

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
I really wish Grassley hadn't backed away from these comments. They're brilliant:

Senator suggests AIG execs should kill themselves

"I suggest, you know, obviously, maybe they ought to be removed," Grassley said. "But I would suggest the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better toward them if they'd follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say, I'm sorry, and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide.

I really wish Grassley hadn't backed away from these comments. They're brilliant:

"I suggest, you know, obviously, maybe they ought to be removed," Grassley said. "But I would suggest the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better toward them if they'd follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say, I'm sorry, and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide.

God, Grassley is such a mess. Why would he even say something like this?

Good for him.

I'd be for helping them if they cannot bring themsevles to do the honorable thing, too.

I'm not certain if this would be workable, but I'm thinking the government should withdraw all funding, force these companies into bankruptcy (reorganization), which would allow them to void these contracts, and then offer the help under set conditions.

I can't see how the average American is going to swallow paying their taxes toward these idiot's excessive salaries, when they are the cause of the problem in the first place. I understand that letting AIG go under probably isn't the road we want to take. However, this is ridiculous.

I'm not certain if this would be workable, but I'm thinking the government should withdraw all funding, force these companies into bankruptcy (reorganization), which would allow them to void these contracts, and then offer the help under set conditions.

I can't see how the average American is going to swallow paying their taxes toward these idiot's excessive salaries, when they are the cause of the problem in the first place. I understand that letting AIG go under probably isn't the road we want to take. However, this is ridiculous.

I saw Robert Reich on one of the MSNBC shows last night suggesting that we use the antitrust laws to break AIG up. They can sell parts of the company off separately.

Nobody understands nor can they oversee such huge conglomerate corporations. They need to get the bonus money back as well.

Publish the names of those who get and keep the bonuses and publish their past performance evaluations.

If they really did a good job..........................:lol:

• Banned

Because it is true?

Because there is something rotten in the state of Denmark?

Because corporate America has no pride, no ethics, no values, no morality at all except for their greedy fat piggy fingers clutching for a dollah, dollah, dollah?

Because really, if a corporate executive runs a company into the ground, costing everyone else billions, and ruining the lives of thousands of employees, the least he/she could do is feel enough shame to take the honorable way out?

Because shame is a truly underrated concept in modern America?

Because he is speaking on behalf of the average American who is hurting right now because of the actions of these unethical moneygrubbers?

Because most of us are tired of rewarding stupidity and greed?

Pick one or all of the above.

Last edited:
We DON'T NEED the antitrust laws in this case.

The AMERICAN PEOPLE own the majority stock interest in this doggie.

We OVERPAID for that interest.

Because it is true?

Because corporate America has no pride, no ethics, no values, no morality at all except for their greedy fat piggy fingers clutching for a dollah, dollah, dollah?

Because really, if a corporate executive runs a company into the ground, costing everyone else billions, and ruining the lives of thousands of employees, the least he/she could do is feel enough shame to take the honorable way out?

Right on.

Publish the names of those who get and keep the bonuses and publish their past performance evaluations.

I heard this morning that they weren't performance bonuses but retention bonuses. In other words, so the AIG employees wouldn't leave while the company was being cleaned up.

So, basically, to keep the people who created the mess employed there?

That should help with the clean up efforts...

Because it is true?

Because what is true? In Grassley's opinion someone should go kill themselves over mistakes that were made.... Ok

It's like a scene out of Elizabethtown.

God I love that movie. Although, it was a dark comedy, not something a sitting senator should suggest.

Because what is true? In Grassley's opinion someone should go kill themselves over mistakes that were made.... Ok

God I love that movie. Although, it was a dark comedy, not something a sitting senator should suggest.

If it's good enough for the Japanese, it's good enough for us.

If it's good enough for the Japanese, it's good enough for us.

I dunno about all that.. I mean, don't get me wrong.. i love asian culture too but those Niponese motherfuckers have a definite weird streak.

Here is a good article about executive level pay in the U.S. versus Japan:

U.S. CEOs Could Learn From Their Asian Counterparts

In fact, American executives could learn a thing or two from some of their counterparts abroad. Just look at Haruka Nishimatsu, CEO of Japan Airlines Corp for example (OTC ADR: JALSY).

Each morning, Nishimatsu gets down to business immediately after his morning commute to the office – on a city bus.

His desk – like those of all the other Japan Airlines employees – sits in the middle of an “open office.” I know this from personal experience, having sat at a desk just like that when I’ve worked in Japan over the years. He eats lunch in the company cafeteria and hopes – like all Japanese employees – that he’ll have time to eat his meal before it gets cold as he stands in line waiting to pay, says CNN’s Kyung Lah.

This hardly sounds like the life of a corporate CEO, especially when you consider that JAL is one of the world’s top airlines. Nor does the fact that when JAL cut back and asked many of its employees to take early retirement, Nishimatsu first eliminated every one of his own corporate perks, including his own pay – which, at a mere $90,000 (U.S.), is below what JAL’s pilots get paid.

Nishimatsu noted in the CNN interview that many of the affected employees were about his age, 60, so he “thought he should share the pain with them.”

America's corporate system is out of whack, and it's time for it to get back into some kind of sustainable balance.

I heard this morning that they weren't performance bonuses but retention bonuses. In other words, so the AIG employees wouldn't leave while the company was being cleaned up.

And we want them to stay why?

Here is a good article about executive level pay in the U.S. versus Japan:

U.S. CEOs Could Learn From Their Asian Counterparts

In fact, American executives could learn a thing or two from some of their counterparts abroad. Just look at Haruka Nishimatsu, CEO of Japan Airlines Corp for example (OTC ADR: JALSY).

Each morning, Nishimatsu gets down to business immediately after his morning commute to the office – on a city bus.

His desk – like those of all the other Japan Airlines employees – sits in the middle of an “open office.” I know this from personal experience, having sat at a desk just like that when I’ve worked in Japan over the years. He eats lunch in the company cafeteria and hopes – like all Japanese employees – that he’ll have time to eat his meal before it gets cold as he stands in line waiting to pay, says CNN’s Kyung Lah.

This hardly sounds like the life of a corporate CEO, especially when you consider that JAL is one of the world’s top airlines. Nor does the fact that when JAL cut back and asked many of its employees to take early retirement, Nishimatsu first eliminated every one of his own corporate perks, including his own pay – which, at a mere $90,000 (U.S.), is below what JAL’s pilots get paid.

Nishimatsu noted in the CNN interview that many of the affected employees were about his age, 60, so he “thought he should share the pain with them.”

America's corporate system is out of whack, and it's time for it to get back into some kind of sustainable balance.

I have to agree with you on this. The amounts that these people are being paid is in no way representative of what they actually do for their companies in comparison to lower ranking workers within the same organizations. On top of that, these salaries are not even linked to performance anymore.

I suggest the people who gave them taxpayer money in the first place should resign or go commit suicide.

Good for him.

I'd be for helping them if they cannot bring themsevles to do the honorable thing, too.

Would you be saying the same thing is someone were calling for other people who have performed poorly and are taking handouts from the government were asked to kill themselves... you know... individuals taking government handouts and benefiting off of failure at the expense of taxpayers?

Just sayin'

Forum List

Back