Just do us all a favor and kill yourselves.

My comments are for those of you who believe the feds are your 'champions' and are here to protect the individual citizen and their rights.

Who in this thread has given you the mistaken impression that most of us posting here think this?

You've jumped into something, guns blazing, without even a clear idea of who/what you're attacking.

There are plenty, just read the posts. My outrage is not with the stupid bonuses, it's with the feigned outrage of the idiots in Washington trying to play us all for fools. I find it hard to fathom that most would rather be distracted by bonuses.

I agree, the ones that are responsible should feel remorse for their actions, and if they did anything criminal they should be charged. Since we don't actually know who these bonuses went to...the employees that didn't succumb to greed or the one's that did...he's nothing more than a vigilante.

I think that we can safely assume that anyone above a certain level shares responsibility for the failure of the business. That doesn't mean that we should criminally charge them, but they sure as hell should not be rewarded with lucrative million dollar bonuses, and most of them should be canned.
mmm....like I said, it isn't clear yet what those contracts said about the bonuses and it is also not clear who got them. Not all divisions of AIG are implicated in the credit swap fiasco. There's also so much disinformation being spread that I have no idea what is going on...and it doesn't sound as if anyone else does.

For once I agree with you. If it turns out to make the O administration look bad at all, the whole story will be dropped and you won't hear another word about it.

I really wish Grassley hadn't backed away from these comments. They're brilliant:

Senator suggests AIG execs should kill themselves

"I suggest, you know, obviously, maybe they ought to be removed," Grassley said. "But I would suggest the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better toward them if they'd follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say, I'm sorry, and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide.

Such a fond reminiscence of Louis XVII.

My comments are for those of you who believe the feds are your 'champions' and are here to protect the individual citizen and their rights.

Who in this thread has given you the mistaken impression that most of us posting here think this?

You've jumped into something, guns blazing, without even a clear idea of who/what you're attacking.

There are plenty, just read the posts. My outrage is not with the stupid bonuses, it's with the feigned outrage of the idiots in Washington trying to play us all for fools. I find it hard to fathom that most would rather be distracted by bonuses.
you jumped on catz and believe it or not, she has been saying almost the exact same thing you have

cut her some slack

I have the perfect solution to all those bonus's.......tax every bonus over $1,000,000 at 90%. Problem solved, the money goes back to the taxpayers.

I have the perfect solution to all those bonus's.......tax every bonus over $1,000,000 at 90%. Problem solved, the money goes back to the taxpayers.
then those that actually earned those bonuses would be punished as well
(not just the guys at AIG would be hit)

Okay folks enough of this damn populist bull shit. The folks that brought this about aren't the people getting bonuses to hang in there and keep doing thier jobs. AIG went under for two reasons.

1st they bought derivatives that should have been a safe investment if the government at virtually every level had not invested in screwing up the housing industry for the last 40 years.

2nd hedge fund short sellers further crippled their chances to recover from the first disaster buy talking down the stock.

The people working at AIG had little if anything to do with that collapse. AIG is primarily and insurance company. They make investments in various things so that they can keep their insurance rates down for their customers.

Grow the hell up and drop the instant gratification crap. All you are doing is letting the slugs in congress direct the people's righteous wrath on to people other than themselves and on the slugs is where the hell it belongs. These yahoos knew going in that AIG was contractually obligated to pay these bonuses, knew as long ago as last January. They're acting like they are surprised and of course you know they are lying because you can see their lips move.

Do you honestly think they should die?

Die? No. I think we all agree that something needs to be done. And there are better things they can do with our money.

I may have missed a post or two on this thread, but what I have not heard is anyone voicing their concerns about what Grassley said, which I find shocking. A U.S. senator, implying that these U.S. citizens should die. Was there a crime committed? (greed) Grassley judged and prosecuted them. So the verdict is guilty, and the penalty is death?.....OK.

Bring out the guillotines!!!!!!

Forum List

Back