Just do us all a favor and kill yourselves.

He gave two choices, resign or commit suicide. I think that's reasonable. IMO, anyone that drives a company into the ground doesn't deserve bonuses, especially paid by the tax payers.

And how do we know every single person was failing to do their job?

They shouldn't have recieved tax money to begin with. Was anyone really surprised that Obama administration allowed them to do with for campaign contributions?

I really don't see why the outrage should be at the executives recieving their contracted bonus. They never should have recieved tax money. And politicians shouldnt be taking campaign contributions from companies that are asking for government assistance.

Oh, and asking someone to kill themselves is never reasonable.

you know they failed to do their job because they FAILED TO DO THEIR JOB, and brought the near entire WORLD down to its knees because of it...
---------------------------------------------

let me get this straight, president bush and paulson and the federal reserve bails out aig in september 08 with 85 BILLION then another 65 billion from the federal reserve again in november of 08, then some 20 billion in tarp money also in 08, (that's $170 billion so far in case you weren't counting) and the obama administration just gave aig $20 billion in tarp money..... hmmmm, Bush admin. to Aig $170 billion, Obama admin to AIG $20 billion...

and somehow YOU manage to say obama's campaign contributions from aig is what caused this ....that's a mighty mighty leap!!!!!!!!????????????

boy, that's just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how smart you are to put that 2 and 2 together! NOT!

so avatar when did the politicians take aig's money? you said politicians should not be taking contributions from people they are bailing out....so let me ask you, did they take these contributions before the federal reserve and paulson bailed them out or afterwards?

you are implying afterwards, can you link support to why you said such?

or are you saying these politicians in jan, feb, mar 08 etc...BEFORE the bailout, should have used their preminitional powers and known the gvt was going to bailout aig months ahead of time and should have refused their money?
ok, lets reword that
they shouldnt be bailing out people that have given them money
does THAT work for you care?

You are all damn delusional. What the hell makes it the governments business how much anyone makes? You want the government to ream the ass of every rich person in America and half of you idiots define rich as having more than you do. God help us indeed if this is a sampling of America's best and brightest.

Putting the money into "bonuses" instead of into their income, makes their pay look better for the public. It's still "pay". Income is taxed. When we give money to bailout a failing company, the person who put that company in that position deserves to be fired, not paid a bonus. How many people do you know that get paid $millions for driving their company into the ground? Do you really believe they deserve the taxpayers money for that?

Here's a definition of rich for you....anyone making more than 7 times minimum wage. Plato once said that no country can be prosperous if the richest man makes more than 7 times what the poorest man makes. You think Plato was delusional?

You know, after watching this AIG mess for the past while, I've come up with some thoughts of my own.....

Jail sentences for ALL of them to be 10 years for every million dollars they got in those fucked up bonuses that they basically stole. Doesn't it say somewhere that you're not supposed to steal or lie?

They don't wanna go to jail? They should kill themselves. Preferably in the Bushido manner of seppoku, meaning they are allowed to do it themselves, or, if they don't, then have a Samurai warrior behind them to "assist" them.

They don't wanna kill themselves? Then they should be helped out by lots of people with baseball bats and then they should be popsicled, after being beaten.

I'd also like to see their corporate jets start getting hit by bird strikes and dropping outta the sky from engine failure.

And........for the piece de la resistance? Remember when all those birds were attacking people a couple years back, as well as the movements of various animals ending up in the city?

I hope the birds dive bomb 'em daily, and that they get bit by wild animals.

Then we can talk restitution........

You know, after watching this AIG mess for the past while, I've come up with some thoughts of my own.....

Jail sentences for ALL of them to be 10 years for every million dollars they got in those fucked up bonuses that they basically stole. Doesn't it say somewhere that you're not supposed to steal or lie?

They don't wanna go to jail? They should kill themselves. Preferably in the Bushido manner of seppoku, meaning they are allowed to do it themselves, or, if they don't, then have a Samurai warrior behind them to "assist" them.

They don't wanna kill themselves? Then they should be helped out by lots of people with baseball bats and then they should be popsicled, after being beaten.

I'd also like to see their corporate jets start getting hit by bird strikes and dropping outta the sky from engine failure.

And........for the piece de la resistance? Remember when all those birds were attacking people a couple years back, as well as the movements of various animals ending up in the city?

only the government encouraged bonus money over saleried income
so this is partially the governments fault that these contracts were written the way they were

its one huge clusterfuck

And what makes you think everyone that got a bonus is responsible for this? You have actual evidence or just mre gold plated assumptions.

And what makes you think everyone that got a bonus is responsible for this? You have actual evidence or just mre gold plated assumptions.
the bonuses in question are going to one specific part of AIG
the part that lost money
thats why it is such an uproar

You know that for a fact do you? By the way when the stock market lost half it's value in a little over a six months every inusurance company in Aerica suddenl found itslef in a bind. Look for your insurance rates to go up until the stock market begins to look like a good investment again.

You know that for a fact do you? By the way when the stock market lost half it's value in a little over a six months every inusurance company in Aerica suddenl found itslef in a bind. Look for your insurance rates to go up until the stock market begins to look like a good investment again.
well, unless every report i have seen are totally wrong

What constitutes reputable this day and age? And how many of the reputable journalist really have any idea how corporate hierarchy works or could read a table of organization if you laid it in front of them. Hell I suspect no small number of them don't fully comprehend basic math. If you are doling out bonuses in a corporation they don't go to just one branch or department they go to all of them. Hell I wouldn't even be surprised to discover that bonus were tag to various department heads and the bonuses in question were supposed to be doled out to the various people in that department based on some arcane formual involving seniority among other things.

Good for him.

I'd be for helping them if they cannot bring themsevles to do the honorable thing, too.

Thanks to folks like you ,the employees of AIG have been getting death threats. And now have tightenend security at work. Good going.:cuckoo:
It's actually because of people like Senator Grassley. And you and your ilk's hysterical anti-Americanism and hypocrisy.

I'm not the hysterical "kill yourselves" mob that would be you lefties. Nice try though.

I sincerely hope Im not the only one disturbed by the calls for people to commit suicide. We dont need people to kill themselves. We need them to reform.

We need to keep this from devolving into violence. I dont think everyone realizes how very possible that is.

I'm with you. Do you think if one or more of the AIG employee's get hurt or worse,congress will feel bad about whipping the mob into a frenzy? I heard on the radio today that the union's will be bussing folks to the CEO's houses over the weekend. Real nice there lefties.

I hope all those AIG assholes die a long, slow, painful death.

Skin 'em alive on the White House steps..........
wow, you are wishing death on the people that just wanted to get paid according to their contracts

the problem was not THEIR fault in the first place
the problem is the government(POTUS and CONGRESS) giving tax payer funds to bailout ANYONE
it shouldnt have been done

I'm not particularly disturbed by these calls. Grassley is calling for a return to the concept of SHAME and HONOR, two things that have been lost in the past few decades. He is saying that there was a time (and there are still places) where people would have rather DIED than have behaved as the greedy scoundrels these people have been.

Remember death before dishonor? Some of us still believe in honor and integrity, and take it seriously.

I believe in honor and integrity. That's why its laughable to think that anyone in Washington believes in it. Who in the city is honorable? Who is honest?

The greedy scoundrels are the ones in Washington who gave these companies our money specifically knowing what it would be used for and then being outraged when it is used the way they expected.

The dishonorable action wasnt taking money owed in a contract. It was asking the government for a handout and taking it.

Thing is they didn't steal the money. They simply asked the government for it and the government gave it to them. They were quite open with what was going to happen with it.

How exactly is hurting the airline industry going to help anything?

I hope all those AIG assholes die a long, slow, painful death.

Skin 'em alive on the White House steps..........

And I hope people who have problems with you are a lot more merciful to you then you are with people you have problems with.

Yeah by all means let's screw every poor bastard out there they behave in accordance with accepted proceedure and suddenly found out that accepted proceedure isn't what it used to be because Fannie and Freddie nuked the derivatives market with worthless paper without bothering to inform anyone that it was worthless.

Forum List

Back