Judd Gregg Withdraws from Consideration

hey, believe what you want- you saw it on fox, it must be true.
weak

wrong, moron, it means they want to watch what the fuck Obama is doing with the census
weaker

I like Senator Gregg and I take him at his word.
I like several people that aren't truthful. :eusa_whistle:
how is it weak? moron
thats exactly what the story said that YOU linked
then you wonder why people think you are a moron

The census is pretty god damn important. If I thought the admin was going to manipulate the process I'd bail too.

The census is pretty god damn important. If I thought the admin was going to manipulate the process I'd bail too.
had they said the change was being done when Richardson was the person nominated for commerce, then it wouldnt have been a big deal but it was only when he picked Gregg that he felt the need to change it
that in and of itself says he didnt trust Gregg
Gregg did the right thing

The census is pretty god damn important.
It is. I wonder if when Bush was president if he turned it over to Democrats to work on and if he had absolutely no oversight into the process. Because I really can't see that happening, can you?

It is. I wonder if when Bush was president if he turned it over to Democrats to work on and if he had absolutely no oversight into the process. Because I really can't see that happening, can you?

Without checking that, I don't know. Would it justify Obama pulling this crap though, had Bush done such a thing? Because I'd be just as disgusted with Bush. Lord knows I'm disgusted with him for enough things already.

Bottom line is the Commerce Dept controls the census process. Why Obama would relinquish that authority from Gregg is beyond me. Don't ask a conservative to take a cabinet post, and then handcuff him on one of his most important roles because he's conservative.

Without checking that, I don't know. Would it justify Obama pulling this crap though, had Bush done such a thing? Because I'd be just as disgusted with Bush. Lord knows I'm disgusted with him for enough things already.

Bottom line is the Commerce Dept controls the census process. Why Obama would relinquish that authority from Gregg is beyond me. Don't ask a conservative to take a cabinet post, and then handcuff him on one of his most important roles because he's conservative.
if he didnt trust Gregg to do his job, then he never should have nominated him for Sect of Commerce

thats the bottom line Ravi cant seem to see

Prior to accepting this post, we had discussed these and other potential differences, but unfortunately we did not adequately focus on these concerns. We are functioning from a different set of views on many critical items of policy.

WEAK! :lol:

He knew exactly what obama's policies were.

Several people have been hamstrung, co-opted, or led to believe one thing by President Obama and then found the President to have been less than candid; here's a short list:

General Anthony Zinni - was led to believe he would be the next Ambassador to Iraq, but Crocker gets the job. ( WSJ .COM "...... we're puzzled by media reports that Mr. Obama intends to name Christopher Hill to replace Ryan Crocker as America's ambassador in Baghdad. Part of the puzzle is that retired Marine General Anthony Zinni -- a straight-shooter if ever there was one, with long experience in Mideast diplomacy -- claims he was tapped for the job, until the White House withdrew the offer without notice or explanation" )

Caterpiller Corporation CEO Jim Owens - A couple of days ago when Obama was selling his StimPlan he went to Peoria, Illinois, and visited the Caterpiller plant there. Afterwards he said that Jim Owens had told him that if the StimPlan passes he would hire back employees. Owens, came out immediately saying that the StimPlan doesn't include enough infrastucture work now or early enough to make a difference, and that there would be more layoffs by Caterpiller before they could begin to re-hire.

USS Cole and 9/11 victims family members called to meet with the President at the White House - WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama was spending time with families of 9/11 victims and [of] the 17 sailors killed in the bombing of the USS Cole after a senior Pentagon judge dropped charges against an al-Qaida suspect in the Cole attack being held at Guantanamo Bay.

But the family members were only told of dropping of the charges just befoe the meeting; and one mother refused to meet with the President.

Rahim al-Nashiri is the accused mastermind of the USS Cole bombing that killed 17 American sailors. He was one of the three al Qaeda prisoners to be water boarded. He confessed. The charges against him have been dropped because of President Obama's request that legal proceedings against Gitmo detainees be halted pending a review of the process with the closing of the detention camp within the year.

Judd Gregg......

Last edited:

President Clinton moved the Census to the White House from Commerce; President Bush moved it back to Commerce on taking office; President Obama has moved it back to the West Wing of the White House.

As for having the census performed under the auspices of a political party, as when Bush was President, if it is done within the Commerce Department, and under the top leadership of the Commerce Secretary, the Congress has complete oversight of the operation. But actually the Commerce bureaucracy is managed by career bureaucrats, which are preponderantly members of the Party of Government, the Democrat Party. These career people keep their jobs through out all administrations, becoming imbedded there over the years. If any thing inappropriate were done they would become instant whistleblowers.

I'd imagine that one very influential reason Bush sent the Census back to Commerce immediately on taking office was because he knew there was no way that there wouldn't be charges of political influence over its management by his office, of any census work, including the interpretation of the data. Unfortunately we don't expect the same kind of "hands off" attitude by a Democrat President. By moving the management there, ACORN
"associates' can influence numbers by the expanded use of estimates of households in the inner city areas.

President Clinton moved the Census to the White House from Commerce; President Bush moved it back to Commerce on taking office; President Obama has moved it back to the West Wing of the White House.

So it begs the question. Why ask a conservative to take a cabinet position that handles the census, and then take that census responsibility away?

It makes no sense to me, and if I was Gregg I'd feel pretty damn insulted by it. If nothing else, it was an asshole move on the part of Obama.

So it begs the question. Why ask a conservative to take a cabinet position that handles the census, and then take that census responsibility away?

It makes no sense to me, and if I was Gregg I'd feel pretty damn insulted by it. If nothing else, it was an asshole move on the part of Obama.
thats what i say as well

You just showed us all again how STUPID you are Ravi, how blindly Partisan.

Bush didn't do anything to the Census. Obama IS!!!!! Obama is the one, that for the first time EVER, wants to change the way the Census reports, and possibly through into question just how non partisan it is.

I love how you lefties minds work. We tell you something Obama is doing that is questionable, and you are like well what if Bush had done this? WTF are you talking about. OBAMA IS IN CHARGE NOW, OBAMA IS THE ONE WHO WANTS TO MOVE THE CENSUS, Yet you FOOLS ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT BUSH. to funny. As I have said all along Ravi, you are not capable of seeing fault in your side, everything bad in your mind is the fault of Republicans, A Democrat can be trusted.

it is just to god damn funny.

Isn't it obvious? Cover for moving the Census reporting to his Chief of staff. Nominate a republican so you can say, well I had to move it, so republicans were not in control of it.

LOL.

Really though this is to funny. Here we have Obama doing something that could throw the non-partisanship of the Census in question, and therefore our very representation in congress, and instead of questioning Obama, Almost every Democrat on this board excuses it, and talks about the Bad things Bush did.

Sad state of affairs in this country today I am telling you.

Get used to it honey.
I'm not crying about it. I have no use for bipartisianship with the Republicans. They've proven over and over that they care nothing about anything but their party.
[/QUOTE]

and there lies why you Ravi are one of the most ignorant people on this board. You actually think Democrats are different. You actually think they care about more than just holding onto and building power.

Most be nice living in a dream world.

Actually, Charles, you're either lying now or sadly misinformed. Obama had no plans to move the census out of the commerce department. And I can't help it if you have reading comprehension issues.

Actually, Charles, you're either lying now or sadly misinformed. Obama had no plans to move the census out of the commerce department. And I can't help it if you have reading comprehension issues.

A crash-and-burn course on the census

Control and move may mean different things, but control is now centered in WH:

A crash-and-burn course on the census
Sunday, February 15, 2009
The once-a-decade census is more than a national nose count. It's used to divvy tax dollars for roads and hospitals, spot population trends for schools, business and social programs, and - did we forget? - play high-stakes politics.

The task comes loaded with importance, and that's why the Obama team is making a mistake by requiring that the next census director report to the White House instead of the Commerce Department bureaucracy. The decennial count is about information gathering, not partisan score settling....

...Redirecting the chain of command to the West Wing instead of the front office of Commerce headquarters will mollify minority organizations, a bedrock Obama group.

But it risks too much, both in practical outcome and public confidence.

Allowing Obama politicos like chief of staff Rahm Emanuel - a top House Democratic strategist in his prior life - anywhere near the census adding machine is too partisan. It's a Chicago-style setup that should worry any voter.

The eventual numbers that will come from the new census process could be just as suspect as letting a Republican lifer like Gregg run the store. For now, count the minority critics as winners - especially Rep. Barbara Lee, the Oakland Democrat who chairs the Congressional Black Caucus that called for Gregg's head.

But if the White House remains in charge, the census faces doubts even before work begins on it next year. President Obama chose the wrong candidate to run the head count, and he's compounded the error by politicizing the process. He should find a new commerce nominee and new respect for an apolitical census system.

Control and move may mean different things, but control is now centered in WH:

I think the word you're looking for is oversight.

Where were you when Bush took oversight power away from the non-partisan committee that Bill Clinton set up?

I don't recall the same level of whinging from the right, I'm afraid.

Forum List

Back