Cancel the stimulus????

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Foreclosures decline sharply.

Retail sales reverse trend.

Jobless rates decline.

Ladies and gentleman, it appears the economy might very well be correcting itself.

Perhaps our wise and caring political leaders will be willing to rethink this 1 trillion dollar porkulus bill?

New Jobless Claims Drop; Retails Sales Up Slightly | Online NewsHour | February 12, 2009 | PBS

Foreclosures Decline By 25 Percent in January | Foreclosure News

Retail sales rise unexpectedly in January

Of course it will correct itself; the economy is cyclical. What goes down will go up again. This package will likely drag the fix out longer. I can't figure this -- Obama isn't stupid; far from it. Does he want things to get worse?

and it only took him three weeks.........:eusa_pray:

LOL - I knew someone would try and make that call!

Of course he had not yet taken office for much of January.

Be that as it may, if Obama wants to take some credit if in fact this economy is shaking off its recession, more power to him - so long as this stimulus abomination is then HALTED.

I think you're reading too much into these numbers. Foreclosures may be slowing, but they are still at what would be considered all time highs if it weren't for the even higher numbers of the previous few months. Secondly, the sales figures may well have been influenced by the fact that one, Christmas sales were so low, and two, that retailers slashed prices so much just to move inventory. That doesn't necessarily signal that any recovery has begun.

As for the stimulus package, we ought to cancel it anyway, because it is a bad bill filled with unnecessary spending that won't help the economy nearly as much as they hope.

Jobless rates decline.

Ladies and gentleman, it appears the economy might very well be correcting itself.

Perhaps our wise and caring political leaders will be willing to rethink this 1 trillion dollar porkulus bill?

New Jobless Claims Drop; Retails Sales Up Slightly | Online NewsHour | February 12, 2009 | PBS

Of course it will correct itself; the economy is cyclical. What goes down will go up again. This package will likely drag the fix out longer. I can't figure this -- Obama isn't stupid; far from it. Does he want things to get worse?

I don't think so much that Obama wants things to get much worse, but that he recognizes that this may be the best chance in a lifetime to get 20 years worth of Democrat wish lists fufilled.

Jobless rates decline.

I don't think so much that Obama wants things to get much worse, but that he recognizes that this may be the best chance in a lifetime to get 20 years worth of Democrat wish lists fufilled.

Not to mention look like a hero

New Topics

Forum List

Back