Judd Gregg Withdraws from Consideration

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Just broke, no link yet.

Any bet that a liberal replaces him? :eusa_whistle:

Just out on Fox News: Judd Gregg has removed his name from the Commerce Secretary position. He listed two reasons: the situation with the Census, and "there are irreconcilable differences."

Last edited:
"differences" :rolleyes:

This guy was never going to be commerce Sec. He was a public relations ploy to create the perception that Obama was going to construct a bi-partisan administration.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that a liberal replaces him.

I'll eat my words if one doesn't.

Yeah, dept of Commerce is responsible for the census.

There were supposedly "differences" over how it was going to be handled in 2010.

Yeah, dept of Commerce is responsible for the census.
There were supposedly "differences" over how it was going to be handled in 2010.
One of Obamas other appointees didn't trust Gregg to do the census right thus was the reason Obama was going to do it his self. I can understand this with him (Gregg) being an evil white man and all. :lol:

Senator Gregg Statement on His Withdrawal for Consideration of U.S. Commerce Secretary

Sen. Gregg stated, “I want to thank the President for nominating me to serve in his Cabinet as Secretary of Commerce. This was a great honor, and I had felt that I could bring some views and ideas that would assist him in governing during this difficult time. I especially admire his willingness to reach across the aisle.

“However, it has become apparent during this process that this will not work for me as I have found that on issues such as the stimulus package and the Census there are irresolvable conflicts for me. Prior to accepting this post, we had discussed these and other potential differences, but unfortunately we did not adequately focus on these concerns. We are functioning from a different set of views on many critical items of policy.

“Obviously the President requires a team that is fully supportive of all his initiatives.

“I greatly admire President Obama and know our country will benefit from his leadership, but at this time I must withdraw my name from consideration for this position.

“As we move forward, I expect there will be many issues and initiatives where I can and will work to assure the success of the President’s proposals. This will certainly be a goal of mine.

“Kathy and I also want to specifically thank Governor Lynch and Bonnie Newman for their friendship and assistance during this period. In addition we wish to thank all the people, especially in New Hampshire, who have been so kind and generous in their supportive comments.

“As a further matter of clarification, nothing about the vetting process played any role in this decision. I will continue to represent the people of New Hampshire in the United States Senate.”

Do you know what?

I must say, this makes the guy look like a total wuss.
I see it differently; IMO he could not accept that he was being co-opted and at the same time neutered. I would doubt that he knew before saying he would accept, that the Census, the core responsibility of the CommSec, was being usurped, that being the "irreconcilable" difference".

Do you know what?

I must say, this makes the guy look like a total wuss.
I see it differently; IMO he could not accept that he was being co-opted and at the same time neutered. I would doubt that he knew before saying he would accept, that the Census, the core responsibility of the CommSec, was being usurped, that being the "irreconcilable" difference".
Usurped how?

Simply more chaos for Obama.

Fact is, Gregg has a long record as a fiscal conservative. He had to have been deeply troubled by the resulting anti-stimulus package, and in-fighting within the Democrat Party that would have ultimately damaged his own standing.

Again, Obama's style has been so self-conflicting the last few weeks. Somebody in that administration needs to bring some semblance of control and direction or things will continue to devolve. Normally I would say good - let this adminstration fumble badly, but right now the stakes for all of us are too high. We simply cannot afford this kind of instability within the White House and Congress...

Forum List

Back