John Wayne on liberals

Libs are so cute... The way they trash John Wayne for not serving and actual soldiers that did.... all in the same thread.

I trash Wayne for being the poster boy for why America had to be in Vietnam while, he himself dodged the draft in WWII

While denying real soldiers that were tortured in Vietnam... While your hero Jane Fonda fondled war guns and sucked up to the enemy.

You can stop with your faux outrage now.

It's not believable.

In the end....it became obvious that Jane Fonda was right about Vietnam
She was the true patriot....willing to tell her country it was wrong

While getting our soldiers ( the real patriots) tortured because she is an empty headed bimbo.
They were going to get tortured whether she went or not.........

Jimmy Stewart and Clark Gable were well established actors and wealthy enough to take time out from their carriers.
John Wayne had just started to become well knowen in the film Stagecoach done in 1939. He was not wealthy, at the time.
He was getting a divorce from his wife at the start of WWII and had 4 kids to support.
I don't think that it was wrong for him to choose his carrier and support his 4 kids.
You can dish out the harsh judgment about him all you want, but he used Hollywood to support our troops and the war.

So only well-off people join the military. That's a new and novel excuse. To his credit, he was apparently ashamed of being a draft dodger. Can't say that about other RW heroes, like Ted Nugent.

From three different links:

Wayne struggled with severe alcoholism, chronic infidelity, self-esteem and personal demons that often made life hell for his three wives and his children. The book painstakingly recounts the triumphs and tragedies of the life of John Wayne – who rose from abject poverty to become the world’s most famous movie star – and creates a portrait of a man haunted by a childhood of abuse; a man conflicted by his own definition of masculinity; a man fighting to control his own rage and his propensity for violence; a man who committed domestic violence against all three of his wives and his children; and a man haunted by and driven to overcome his fear of failure, poverty and ridicule.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For all his extraordinary success, it was Wayne’s failures that haunted him, in Eyman’s account. The devoted family man crashed through three marriages and reaped troubled relationships with several of his seven children. The self-styled super-patriot felt shame and guilt for dodging military service during World War II. The box office champion never felt financially secure because of bad business deals and unfaithful friends, and felt compelled to keep on working even as his health faded and his appeal diminished. Although beloved and admired by millions, Eyman writes, “he always seemed surprised and pleased by praise, perhaps because he received so little of it for so long.”

For many of us, our image of Wayne was forged in the 1960s and early ’70s, when he too often seemed a lumbering, overweight, toupee-wearing self-parody spouting simplistic, right-wing views and playing the same role over and over in largely second-rate Westerns. But before he became John Wayne Inc., Wayne was an actor of unusual authority who created a character of rough-hewn charisma, vulnerability and physical menace.

~~~~~~~~~~~
'Rome. The Excelsior Hotel. Dietrich. I took her on the staircase': New book reveals how John Wayne cheated on his three wives with Marlene Dietrich and Maureen O'Hara
  • New book lifts lid on how off-screen John Wayne was a serial philanderer and heavy drinker
  • He downed countless hots of tequila and smoked up to five packs of unfiltered Camels every day
  • He had affair with Marlene Dietrich while he was married to his second wife, Chata, who 'came right out of the brothels of Mexico'
  • Wayne's favorite actor was James Garner. He said of him: ‘They rave about Brando and [George C] Scott, but they couldn’t hold a candle to him’
  • When suffering cancer he lost 100 pounds, needed an oxygen tank and couldn't walk 20 feet
  • He begged his sons to hand him his .38 so he could end his agony

Read more: Untrue Grit The real John Wayne cheated on his three wives with Marlene Dietrich and Maureen O Hara downed shots of tequila and smoked four or five packs of Camels a day Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Esperanza Diaz Baur "Chata" was a Mexican Film Actress. Who dated and Married several wealthy Americans. Including Nicky Hilton.

Not even reading the rest of that word wall since the first thing I noticed was a lie.

That's a shame.

I think its sad that some cannot allow celebrities to be human beings, with the same strengths and weaknesses, faults and foibles we all have.

Its very unfair to them.

IMO

That why you post word walls with lies in them?

I don't know that there are any lies in those three links.

Since you said didn't read them, you don't know that either.

OTOH, if you DO decide to read them, please feel free to post proof there are lies in the links.

:rolleyes:

Already pointed out the one I noticed. Didn't read anything else.

Libs are so cute... The way they trash John Wayne for not serving and actual soldiers that did.... all in the same thread.

I trash Wayne for being the poster boy for why America had to be in Vietnam while, he himself dodged the draft in WWII

While denying real soldiers that were tortured in Vietnam... While your hero Jane Fonda fondled war guns and sucked up to the enemy.

It's not believable.

While getting our soldiers ( the real patriots) tortured because she is an empty headed bimbo.

No soldiers were tortured because of Fonda

Her actions helped end the war earlier and brought them home

It's not believable.

James N Rowe was tortured BECAUSE of the war protestors.

It's not believable.

Was she a war protestor? Then she is responsible for the torture of James N Rowe and others.

It's not believable.

He escaped in 1968 .....Fonda was in Nam in 1972...

Last edited:
Protesting the war was patriotic.
Not holding agreed upon democratic elections, just because the 'right' candidate wasn't going to win, and then sending men into a fated-to-fail conflict got soldiers tortured, not protesters. It would take a lot of gin to see things differently.

Let's face it,,,Nam,,like Korea were wars of attrition, which does not work against guerrilla warfare tactics...and in a country with mountains and jungles.......

It's not believable.

He escaped and was killed in 1968 in Manila.....Fonda was in Nam in 1972...

Incorrect. He was killed by terrorists in the phillipines in 1989.

He escaped and was killed in 1968 in Manila.....Fonda was in Nam in 1972...

Incorrect. He was killed by terrorists in the phillipines in 1989.
I edited it after noticing my fubar, ty.......

It's not believable.

A true American Patriot does not embrace Communism.
She should have gone to jail for being a traitor to our Country, but the Hollywood crowd gets special treatment in just about everything.

She didn't commit any crimes.

Deal with it.

Yes she did, but she had a very well loved Actor by Americans as her Daddy so nothing was done about it.

Independents are gar better humans than the collectivists that are the religious, the politically left or the politically right.

if they're real independents. most are just republicans who are embarrassed to call themselves republican'
Noone asked me what gar better means yet. Lol

I thought it was a typo. :)

ok though, i'll bite. what's gar better?

It's not believable.

A true American Patriot does not embrace Communism.
She should have gone to jail for being a traitor to our Country, but the Hollywood crowd gets special treatment in just about everything.

A true American Patriot stands up against unjust wars. Fonda risked her career to fight for what was right

Wayne ducked his chance to fight just to make a buck and then wrapped himself in the flag as an ideal of the true American Patriot

Jane Fonda was the true patriot

Absolutely true.

And look how many others finally admitted it but not until it could no longer hurt their careers.

Cowards.

What she said was true and we all know it.

It's not believable.

Was she a war protestor? Then she is responsible for the torture of James N Rowe and others.

Bull shit

Forum List

Back