John McCain owes America an apology

Criticizing others for what you do yourself is rather silly. If the term retarded is close to home, then the word moron should be as well.

Apology accepted.

Especially since the term retarded came into common usage because moron, idiot and imbecile started to be used as insults.

And then retarded became the insult.

Now mentally challenged is an insult.

And tomorrow special olympian will be the newest offensive insult.

We just can't have too many ways to call somebody stupid. :)

You have twiste what I said to be right.

Rad the thread and see where you are off with your assessment.

I did nothing wrong. I told you why I was offended...and I had a right to be. I was then criticized for saying so...and THAT is what my subsequent responses were all about.

Look...whatever...I find it interesting how this whole thing transpired.

You should stop trying to defend yourself. Everybody with any sense at all who reads this knows that ravi trying to be the "victim" is assinine!

Read my original post. I did not criticize you. I told you I was offended by it...and rightfully so as it hit home with me.

You then responded by criticizing my sensitivity....and that is what led to the rest.

You seem to have left that part out.

I will say many things in my life that may hit home with someone....and I will apologize if someone says I offended them. And yes, I will see them as sensitive if they do not have a true reason to be offended.

Well, I offered my reason and you had fun with my reason.

Quite immature if you ask me.
riiiiiiiiiiight...saying something is offensive isn't a criticism. :cuckoo:

How's that personal responsibility working for you?

you are unbelievable, he has son who is mentally challenged and says he is offended by something you said and you dip low enough to blame him? You have got to be kidding me.
He calls people morons.

You're a hypocrite.

Criticizing others for what you do yourself is rather silly. If the term retarded is close to home, then the word moron should be as well.

Apology accepted.

Read my original post. I did not criticize you. I told you I was offended by it...and rightfully so as it hit home with me.

You then responded by criticizing my sensitivity....and that is what led to the rest.

You seem to have left that part out.

I will say many things in my life that may hit home with someone....and I will apologize if someone says I offended them. And yes, I will see them as sensitive if they do not have a true reason to be offended.

Well, I offered my reason and you had fun with my reason.

Quite immature if you ask me.

Saying something is offensive is not criticism...no. It is offering my opinoin.

Now if my original statement was...."the fact that you used the word retarded shows me that you are an insensitive person...THAT is criticism.

So if you said to me that you would prefer ZI do not smoke around yopu....are you criticizing me for being a smoker?

I do not see it that way...I see it as you saying you prefer I not smoke around you.

Do you see where I am coming from?

Why is this a debate?

you are unbelievable, he has son who is mentally challenged and says he is offended by something you said and you dip low enough to blame him? You have got to be kidding me.
He calls people morons.

You're a hypocrite.

You really need to learn when a debate is necessary.
I was insulted and for good reason and I told you. It warranted an apology.
If I referred to someone as fat and you said to me you were offended as you are overwight, I would apologize.

What ever happened to being wrong and admitting it?

I did...IN THIS THREAD.

btw, I stand by my original assertion. What OT said was retarded...and retarded doesn't just mean mentally handicapped...it means stupid or slow.

It is pretty funny that the pc police are out in force in this thread.

Ravi's on another inane tear - looking like the fool once again, with a touch of seriously mean comments about other's children tossed in.

Take a pill, ravi. You'd do your own credibility some good.

He calls people morons.

You're a hypocrite.

okay I'm a hypocrite so?

Ravi's on another inane tear - looking like the fool once again, with a touch of seriously mean comments about other's children tossed in.

I never said anything about anyone's kids, moron.

Nah, you just laughed at them. When are you scheduled to heckle at the Special Olympics? Party time for ravi. :rolleyes:

Nah, you just laughed at them. When are you scheduled to heckle at the Special Olympics? Party time for ravi. :rolleyes:
Nope, I didn't laugh at anyone's kids either.

well you have to remember what these people laugh at,, kidney failure, bla bla bla

And, as I said earlier, it's all in line with the reason for your and the left's obsession with Palin. That's quite some accomplishment to be proud of.

btw, I stand by my original assertion. What OT said was retarded...and retarded doesn't just mean mentally handicapped...it means stupid or slow.

This has nothing to do with PC.....it has to do with my mentioning how insulting others by saying they are like my son was offensive to me.

You decided to use this statement of mine to make it something it is not.

I was insulted....couldnt you have simply said....I understand and did not mean to insult you, but I use that word occasionally to mean the person is stupid?

Instead you came back with "You are soft..."...or whatever you said.

So you see...I express my feelings....and you decided to insult my feelings.

Interestring coming from a liberal who claims we "must do for ALL Americans"...

But whatever...I had some respect for you....now I have none.....and I know you wont lose sleep over it....and neither will I.

So please...continue making a fool of yourself.

And, as I said earlier, it's all in line with the reason for your and the left's obsession with Palin. That's quite some accomplishment to be proud of.
Didn't think you'd apologize for lying.
As you did laugh at the disability of another poster's child, I have no reason to apologize for calling out your lie in denying it.

This is your speed. Heckle the Special Olympics, too. It should give you some worth.

This has nothing to do with PC.....it has to do with my mentioning how insulting others by saying they are like my son was offensive to me.

I was insulted....couldnt you have simply said....I understand and did not mean to insult you, but I use that word occasionally to mean the person is stupid?

But whatever...I had some respect for you....now I have none.....and I know you wont lose sleep over it....and neither will I.

I said you were sensitive, and you are. You took the phrase retard to mean something that it didn't. I'm not going to offer you a phony apology, but I will try in the future to be sensitive to your needs.

Didn't think you'd apologize for lying.
As you did laugh at the disability of another poster's child, I have no reason to apologize for calling out your lie in denying it.

This is your speed. Heckle the Special Olympics, too. It should give you some worth.
No, I did not. You're lying.

Ravi being victimized by shoddy inference.

That's some seriously delicious fuck'n irony right there! :rofl:

No...Ravi being criticized for criticizing one who expressed a personal emotion about a personal situation.

Ravi was never criticized for using the word retardred. Ravi was criticized for saying that one is too sensitive if such word is used...even though that person has spent the last 23 years hearing people refer to his son as "retarded"...which he IS.

But whatever...please defend Ravi...do not look at the trutyh of what took place here...instead look atythe spin Ravi so successfully put on it and successfuully dragged you into.

I said you were sensitive, and you are. You took the phrase retard to mean something that it didn't. I'm not going to offer you a phony apology, but I will try in the future to be sensitive to your needs.

I took the term retard to mean exactly how you used it...to imply someone or something was stupid.

My son is retarded by definition.....so I took it as an insult to my son...amd told you so.

This is being insensitive?

OK. I will remember that.

I am done with this faux debate. I am wasting my time with you.

You obviously have never made a mistake....just ask you.

Forum List

Back