California Republican Senate candidate Steve Garvey owes at least $350,000 in back taxes

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

California Republican Senate candidate Steve Garvey owes at least $350,000 in back taxes​

David Lightman
Thu, March 21, 2024 at 3:40 PM EDT·4 min read

7d74f5dc09d8a93c7650b1da50289d2b

California Republican Senate candidate Steve Garvey owes state and federal taxes incurred 13 years ago totaling at least $350,000 and as much as $750,000, according to his February financial disclosure statement.
Such a large tax liability on a federal financial disclosure form from a senator or a candidate is extremely rare, said Robert Maguire, research director at the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a nonpartisan watchdog group.

"Running for Congress seemed to be the most logical thing to do for a person in my situation", said Garvey. I mean, I certainly can't afford to pay those taxes and don't want to wind up in a halfway house having to room with Trump. Becoming a congressman so I never have to pay taxes again for the rest of my life seemed like the best solution cuz no one every pays their taxes there".

However, Al Sharpton who also never pays his taxes refuted those claims of Garvey telling him, "Wrong party, wrong color, pay up my brother!!"

California Republican Senate candidate Steve Garvey owes at least $350,000 in back taxes​

David Lightman
Thu, March 21, 2024 at 3:40 PM EDT·4 min read

7d74f5dc09d8a93c7650b1da50289d2b

California Republican Senate candidate Steve Garvey owes state and federal taxes incurred 13 years ago totaling at least $350,000 and as much as $750,000, according to his February financial disclosure statement.
Such a large tax liability on a federal financial disclosure form from a senator or a candidate is extremely rare, said Robert Maguire, research director at the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a nonpartisan watchdog group.

"Running for Congress seemed to be the most logical thing to do for a person in my situation", said Garvey. I mean, I certainly can't afford to pay those taxes and don't want to wind up in a halfway house having to room with Trump. Becoming a congressman so I never have to pay taxes again for the rest of my life seemed like the best solution".
Oh, so you're trying to justify stealing almost a million Steve Garvey votes and giving them to pencilneck?

Oh, so you're trying to justify stealing almost a million Steve Garvey votes and giving them to pencilneck?
First of all it's California. Let me say again, CALIFORNIA!!!

You honestly believe any Republican has a chance to win there?

:auiqs.jpg:

But as we see, the GOP just keeps giving us their best, don't they?

And why does he look like Richard Nixon?

First of all it's California. Let me say again, CALIFORNIA!!!

You honestly believe any Republican has a chance to win there?

:auiqs.jpg:

But as we see, the GOP just keeps giving us their best, don't they?

And why does he look like Richard Nixon?
Richard Nixon looked like Clint Eastwood compared to Joe Biden.

Forum List

Back