John McCain owes America an apology

I'll do my best to use the more pc "mentally challenged" in the future.

You sure are one naive person.

Calling my child retarded is fine with me, my wife and anyone else.

Using the word retarded to INSULT someone who is not clinically retarded is saying that my childs condition is one that warrants insulting....a condition he was born with and has learned to live with...and by the way....he has successfulkly overcome his challange ands is mainstreamed.

Saying someone is mentally challanged that is NOT truly mentally challaneged is insulting those that are mentally challanged.

So you see...I am not soft...or easily insulted....I am repulsed by those that use the term(s) associated with his condition as an insult to others WITHOUT his condition.

Mentally Challenged, Retarded.....whatever......say what you want.

But it is pathetic.
We're not saying she's an idiot in "THAT" sense...

Some say she's an "idiot" because she COULD be capable of great things, but she pisses them away or jumps from one thing to another like she's indecisive or something.

THAT is TRULY idiotic.

I'll do my best to use the more pc "mentally challenged" in the future.

You sure are one naive person.

Calling my child retarded is fine with me, my wife and anyone else.

Using the word retarded to INSULT someone who is not clinically retarded is saying that my childs condition is one that warrants insulting....a condition he was born with and has learned to live with...and by the way....he has successfulkly overcome his challange ands is mainstreamed.

Saying someone is mentally challanged that is NOT truly mentally challaneged is insulting those that are mentally challanged.

So you see...I am not soft...or easily insulted....I am repulsed by those that use the term(s) associated with his condition as an insult to others WITHOUT his condition.

Mentally Challenged, Retarded.....whatever......say what you want.

But it is pathetic.

Do you feel the same about all such insults?

Like calling someone an idiot who doesn't meet the clinical definition?

What about moron and imbecile?

What about calling someone gay who is not homosexual?

What about calling a man a woman as an insult?

What about insane?

Are these equally pathetic insults that we can expect never to see you hurl?

Interesting response...

Yes, I have made that mistake many times over.

And yes, I recognize how such hurls can be hurtful to some...espcecially when it hits home.

And yes, I learned something from this exchange.

And yes, I am willing to admit it.

And I thank you...

And yes, I will likely do it again anyway.

But you see...when someone has a reason...a valid reason...for it to be offensive...I will be human and realize that that person is not soft and warrant ridicule.....I will realize it was inappropriate at that time and warrant a retraction.

I guess that is why I am OK with personal responsibility, made a great living, have a great life...and have no regrets...and no where do I blame others for my own decision making....and no where do I ask for entitlements.

But that is just me...some right wing nut.

...for unleashing this blithering idiot Sarah Palin on us...well, at least he owes conservatives an apology. The rest of us are highly amused.

Gee, more Palin bashing from you........... How Surprising! :eusa_whistle:

Your not very comfortable in your own skin, are you?

By the way, what did your boy Obama leave from China with?

I mean besides yet another drop in his numbers!

Mike

...for unleashing this blithering idiot Sarah Palin on us...well, at least he owes conservatives an apology. The rest of us are highly amused.

Gee, more Palin bashing from you........... How Surprising! :eusa_whistle:

Your not very comfortable in your own skin, are you?

By the way, what did your boy Obama leave from China with?

I mean besides yet another drop in his numbers!

Mike

These rabid attacks on Obama are hysterical.

I think the right has completely lost it.

After my admission.
Well done.
Criticizing others for what you do yourself is rather silly. If the term retarded is close to home, then the word moron should be as well.

Apology accepted.

Especially since the term retarded came into common usage because moron, idiot and imbecile started to be used as insults.

And then retarded became the insult.

Now mentally challenged is an insult.

And tomorrow special olympian will be the newest offensive insult.

We just can't have too many ways to call somebody stupid. :)

After my admission.
Well done.
Criticizing others for what you do yourself is rather silly. If the term retarded is close to home, then the word moron should be as well.

Apology accepted.

Read my original post. I did not criticize you. I told you I was offended by it...and rightfully so as it hit home with me.

You then responded by criticizing my sensitivity....and that is what led to the rest.

You seem to have left that part out.

I will say many things in my life that may hit home with someone....and I will apologize if someone says I offended them. And yes, I will see them as sensitive if they do not have a true reason to be offended.

Well, I offered my reason and you had fun with my reason.

Quite immature if you ask me.

Why does he owe us an apology?

Without him introducing we wouldn't have had the 100's of threads and numerous hillarious clips to watch.

We should all be thanking him for providing a Joe Biden style republican for public consumption.

After my admission.
Well done.

Apology accepted.

Read my original post. I did not criticize you. I told you I was offended by it...and rightfully so as it hit home with me.

You then responded by criticizing my sensitivity....and that is what led to the rest.

I will say many things in my life that may hit home with someone....and I will apologize if someone says I offended them. And yes, I will see them as sensitive if they do not have a true reason to be offended.

riiiiiiiiiiight...saying something is offensive isn't a criticism. :cuckoo:

How's that personal responsibility working for you?

Why does he owe us an apology?

Without him introducing we wouldn't have had the 100's of threads and numerous hillarious clips to watch.

We should all be thanking him for providing a Joe Biden style republican for public consumption.
Sarah is the new George W. Bush! A blithering idiot lacking the intellectual depth to fathom real problems and find a real solution. It's just that Sarah is au courant and Bush is passe*.

*A little French lingo to piss off the hammerheads!

Chris, Obama is actually a office holder, in fact President, if you didn't notice.

Hence he should be topic number one, with many opinions, comments, pro and con!

You people who chase after Palin's tail pissing and moaning over a woman who holds no political office, nor is running for one, is comical.

You idiot liberals are actually fueling her popularity.

And while you do it, she is hitting every top rated show in the nation, on her own terms this time and not making the mistakes she did the first time. Your all so damn worried about her, yet your one of her biggest assets. ........... Amazing!

She should send the likes of you, Ravi and Right Winger free signed books! haha

Mike

Apology accepted.

riiiiiiiiiiight...saying something is offensive isn't a criticism. :cuckoo:

How's that personal responsibility working for you?

you are unbelievable, he has son who is mentally challenged and says he is offended by something you said and you dip low enough to blame him? You have got to be kidding me.

After my admission.
Well done.

Apology accepted.

Especially since the term retarded came into common usage because moron, idiot and imbecile started to be used as insults.

And then retarded became the insult.

Now mentally challenged is an insult.

And tomorrow special olympian will be the newest offensive insult.

We just can't have too many ways to call somebody stupid. :)

You have twiste what I said to be right.

Rad the thread and see where you are off with your assessment.

I did nothing wrong. I told you why I was offended...and I had a right to be. I was then criticized for saying so...and THAT is what my subsequent responses were all about.

Look...whatever...I find it interesting how this whole thing transpired.

After my admission.
Well done.

Apology accepted.

The left has yet to understand the difference between criticism/attacking of an action and an attack on the actual person.

Chris, Obama is actually a office holder, in fact President, if you didn't notice.

Hence he should be topic number one, with many opinions, comments, pro and con!

You people who chase after Palin's tail pissing and moaning over a woman who holds no political office, nor is running for one, is comical.

You idiot liberals are actually fueling her popularity.

And while you do it, she is hitting every top rated show in the nation, on her own terms this time and not making the mistakes she did the first time. Your all so damn worried about her, yet your one of her biggest assets. ........... Amazing!

She should send the likes of you, Ravi and Right Winger free signed books! haha

Mike

hell no and ix nay on that,, real Americans pay one hundred dollars for signed copies! :lol:

Forum List

Back