What Reason Would A Gag Order Be Placed On Trump?

To be honest, the only way I can remain patient is by leaving the board for days on end. Simply giving up, when the purposeful obtuseness gets too much. After a few days, usually when I'm at work and a bit bored, I engage for a few hours, or a few days, and leave again. It would drive me insane otherwise.
Yeah, I can understand that. I've found that the balance that works for me is just not to engage here. It's pointless. It took a while to be able to do that, because the natural impulse is to respond. But I very much want to understand this. Once I looked into the nature of cults, things began to make more sense.

Yeah, I can understand that. I've found that the balance that works for me is just not to engage here. It's pointless. It took a while to be able to do that, because the natural impulse is to respond. But I very much want to understand this. Once I looked into the nature of cults, things began to make more sense.

Mac look into the nature of this:

I voted for Trump twice and never give him a second thought.

You did NOT vote for him and he occupies God only knows how much of your brain

The lack of self-awareness is just.....

Mac look into the nature of this:

I voted for Trump twice and never give him a second thought.

You did NOT vote for him and he occupies God only knows how much of your brain

The lack of self-awareness is just.....
There’s your problem.

Unblinking support with no thought involved

Other than to silence him so he won't expose all of the liberals trying to imprison him for nothing. I asked this question in another thread but I wanted to also make a new thread about it to give more people the chance to answer it. (People on the left mostly.) So, anybody got anything? :popcorn:

Edit: (Because I can) Bonus question: Why are they even holding a criminal trial for Trump supposedly cheating on his wife anyways?

Because he keeps saying things about court cases that people shouldn't be saying. This isn't something new you know. This sort of thing has existed for A LONG TIME.

There’s your problem.

Unblinking support with no thought involved

No dear, I put the same thought into it as many Americans did. I don't like Trump personally, but I don't need to. He's not my husband, pastor, friend or neighbor. He's hired to do a job, and he did it well. Under Biden we're all suffering. If the job Biden was hired for is crapping his pants in public, he's doing THAT well, but not much else.

For me it's to put anyone on ignore who insults. That's almost an automatic. Then those who consistently write complete nonsense, if I can't cope with their nonsense, I'll put there on ignore too.

It leads to a lot less people to engage with, but every so often you get into a good conversation that might last a few days or up to a week. If it doesn't happen, I just don't worry about it. I say what I want to say, I get out of pointless conversations quickly.

Mostly I'm here so I have a reason to do my own research, make my own arguments. If I make one and nobody replies, I might have learned something from it.

The thing that depresses me so much is that so many people are so unwilling to even bother having a decent conversation. Talking "politics" for them is the same as having a wank, or watching TikTok, as far as I can tell.

For me it's to put anyone on ignore who insults. That's almost an automatic. Then those who consistently write complete nonsense, if I can't cope with their nonsense, I'll put there on ignore too.

It leads to a lot less people to engage with, but every so often you get into a good conversation that might last a few days or up to a week. If it doesn't happen, I just don't worry about it. I say what I want to say, I get out of pointless conversations quickly.

Mostly I'm here so I have a reason to do my own research, make my own arguments. If I make one and nobody replies, I might have learned something from it.

The thing that depresses me so much is that so many people are so unwilling to even bother having a decent conversation. Talking "politics" for them is the same as having a wank, or watching TikTok, as far as I can tell.
At some point I realized that very few of them (here or in real life) can make an intelligent, articulate argument for this. It's also clear that all we get are rote, boilerplate platitudes, mixed in with juvenile personal attacks. The same thing, over and over and over.

I believe it's because that's what they're consuming 24/7/365 in their world. That's as deep as it gets, because a talk radio show or a podcast or an "article" is only going to go so deep. Prod them for some kind of independent synthesis and you get absolutely nothing.

And there's the problem. As I've said a zillion times, this has never been about Trump. This is sociological. Cults aren't about the leader, they're about the need. There's a much bigger story here, about this country.

At some point I realized that very few of them (here or in real life) can make an intelligent, articulute argument for this. It's also clear that all we get are rote, boilerplate platitudes, mixed in with juvenile personal attacks. The same thing, over and over and over.

I believe it's because that's what they're consuming 24/7/365 in their world. That's as deep as it gets, because a talk radio show or a podcast or an "article" is only going to go so deep. Prod them for some kind of synthesis and you get absolutely nothing.

And there's the problem. As I've said a zillion times, this has never been about Trump. This is sociological. Cults aren't about the leader, they're about the need. There's a much bigger story here, about this country.

Yes. There was a comment on Facebook yesterday. It went something like "back in the day you got your news, it was fact, and you had to make up your own opinion. These days they just tell you what to think"

And I went in and was like "this is ridiculous, the media was heavily bent on telling people how to think in the past and there was no social media to tell you that you were being manipulated."

Then I essentially said in the modern era some guy (invisible behind the internet, and might be a woman, but probably a guy, like Putin, Xi, the Koch brothers may the dead one Rot In Patches) is telling them "look, they're manipulating you" all the while telling people what to think, and the people think they're smart because they've seen the manipulator and they're not listening to that person, they're thinking for themselves by repeating word for word what the other dude told them to think.

The best is when (and how often does it happen) they say "it's only the other side that's being manipulated, not my side, or me".

Yes. There was a comment on Facebook yesterday. It went something like "back in the day you got your news, it was fact, and you had to make up your own opinion. These days they just tell you what to think"

And I went in and was like "this is ridiculous, the media was heavily bent on telling people how to think in the past and there was no social media to tell you that you were being manipulated."

Then I essentially said in the modern era some guy (invisible behind the internet, and might be a woman, but probably a guy, like Putin, Xi, the Koch brothers may the dead one Rot In Patches) is telling them "look, they're manipulating you" all the while telling people what to think, and the people think they're smart because they've seen the manipulator and they're not listening to that person, they're thinking for themselves by repeating word for word what the other dude told them to think.

The best is when (and how often does it happen) they say "it's only the other side that's being manipulated, not my side, or me".
Yeah, they put a great deal of effort trying to turn a point back around, whether it remotely makes sense or not.

Also, to your point about "what to think" -- there was a time where Limbaugh's effect became exponential. It went from being told what to think to sheer repetition and experience showing them how to think. So now they're essentially a rolling, 24/7 radio talk show. The best and loudest example of that is MTG.

No, you don't to do that: overruled. The Judge and the law is in charge, of MAGAs as well as everybody else. And you have been answered over and over, so no, not once more.

🤣

“That’s not the issue,” Katyal added. “Of course, if you pay a lawyer generally, that’s a legal expense, but not if you’re doing it for other things that aren’t legal expenses. If I pay a lawyer to give me some cocaine, I can’t say, ‘Oh, it’s a legal payment and therefore it’s all hunky-dory.’ Of course not.”

🤣

“That’s not the issue,” Katyal added. “Of course, if you pay a lawyer generally, that’s a legal expense, but not if you’re doing it for other things that aren’t legal expenses. If I pay a lawyer to give me some cocaine, I can’t say, ‘Oh, it’s a legal payment and therefore it’s all hunky-dory.’ Of course not.”
🥨 🥨 🥨
Here's a hand gesture for you....:fu:

🤣

How about paying a lawyer to pay a foreign spy to dig up dirt on a political opponent?

At some point I realized that very few of them (here or in real life) can make an intelligent, articulate argument for this. It's also clear that all we get are rote, boilerplate platitudes, mixed in with juvenile personal attacks. The same thing, over and over and over.

I believe it's because that's what they're consuming 24/7/365 in their world. That's as deep as it gets, because a talk radio show or a podcast or an "article" is only going to go so deep. Prod them for some kind of independent synthesis and you get absolutely nothing.

Aw Mac you never ask me.....confirmation bias much?

Coward

🤣

Right, because buying and selling cocaine is illegal.

NDA's are not illegal.

The overwhelming majority of defendants follow their lawyer's advice to not talk about the case. Even if they are convinced that the case is unfair and improperly motivated, they stay quiet because their lawyers tell them that is the best way to win an acquital.

So people get the idea that it is somehow illegal for a defendant to speak out, instead of letting his "mouthpiece" do the talking. Lots of lawyers would like it to be illegal, so they could make more money speaking for their clients.

It isn't.

It is not only not illegal to speak out when government is unfair and corrupt, doing so is a right enshrined in the very first amendment in the Bill of Rights. People thinking it is illegal because it is rarely done is a perfect example of rights being weakened by not being exercised.

I can fully understand why the judge would want to silence Trump from talking about how the judge's family profits from promoting Democrat politicians, and I can understand why Michael Cohen likes being free to slandar Trump and would prefer Trump not be allowed to respond. But that isn't the country we are. Not yet anyway.

We count on judge's to uphold our rights, not to trample them as Merchan is trying to do. I'm glad Trump is not rolling over for him. He not only has a right to speak, the voters have a right to hear, and one Canadian-looking New York judge doesn't have the power to take those rights away.

Forum List

Back