Jehovah's Witnesses and Evangelism...is evangelizing (going door to door) a mandate for J.W.s...?

yeah , think that it is . They go door to door as part of their Ministry as all are supposed to be Preachers of the Good News . Personally I like the 'JW' that I have met in my 66 years . No horror stories from me as all that I've ever run into at my door or anywhere else have been nice polite people . ----------- same for most Mormons that I have met as they go door to door . Just my personal observations Anonymous !!

I always invited them in to hear their story, doesn't mean I agree with them, but I do enjoy the exchange of ideas and philosophies...One can't determine an accurate idea without all possibilities being investigated...

Last edited:
Its not just JWs. Morms do it too. I don't really care why they do it. I just close the door.

A while back, I wrote about three who knocked on my door and said their car had broken down and could they use the phone.

It wasn't long before it was obvious they were casing the house.

Years ago, I knew a guy who would engage them in conversation at the door and while they thumped and babbled, he would just quietly take off one piece of clothing after another and drop them on the floor. His wife saw him do it more than once. The guy was over 6' tall and very slender. Basically, he looked a lot like Big Bird without feathers. I always wanted to be a fly on the wall, watching the faces of the thumpers as his clothes piled up on the floor.

No matter the reason, there's just no excuse for being as rude and invasive as they are. Like I say, I just close the door. I don't slam it. I don't say anything rude to them. I just close the door.

...I hope they don't do it because they're lonely LOL.

-

-

In a sense its a mandate. Jesus began this work in his day when he sent his followers out by 2--house to house, city to city, with the good news of Gods kingdom--The bible teaches--This good news of Gods kingdom will be preached as a witness to all nations, then the end will come--so the work does not stop until the end.
A real JW does it out of their heart.

...I hope they don't do it because they're lonely LOL.

In a sense its a mandate. Jesus started the work back in his day. He sent his followers out by 2, with the good news of Gods kingdom--and the bible teaches--this good news of the kingdom will be preached as a witness to all nations, then the end will come. So this work does nopt stop until the end.
A real JW does this work out of their hearts.

-

-
Que?

I always invited them in to hear their story, doesn't mean I agree with them, but I do enjoy the exchange of ideas and philosophies...One can't determine an accurate idea without all possibilities being investigated...

Yes one should look at all possibilities--but Jesus' teachings prove it all. And I know for fact--those teachings prove 100% the JW,s are correct.

Yes one should look at all possibilities--but Jesus' teachings prove it all. And I know for fact--those teachings prove 100% the JW,s are correct.
So no Christmas for you too?

Christmas = satan claus stealing 98%--Jesus gets 2%
The saturnalia festival on or around dec 25th--worship of the sun. a pagan false god worship holiday straight off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21)--this 2Thess 2:3 tried to change this into Christmas and present it to Jesus. Yule--tree, etc all off the table of demon practices, and the blind followed. Its just as Jesus taught it would be here in these last days---As in the days of Noah( 99% mislead) the world took no note.

Christmas = satan claus stealing 98%--Jesus gets 2%
The saturnalia festival on or around dec 25th--worship of the sun. a pagan false god worship holiday straight off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21)--this 2Thess 2:3 tried to change this into Christmas and present it to Jesus. Yule--tree, etc all off the table of demon practices, and the blind followed. Its just as Jesus taught it would be here in these last days---As in the days of Noah( 99% mislead) the world took no note.
I blame the Catholics...

Had them come by the house once. Two old ladies and some old guy. I told them to leave me alone. The following week they came back by. Told them no thanks. Week three they came back by and I answered the door in a banana hammock and a bottle of bourbon in hand and Motorhead blaring at ear-bleedingly loud levels. I asked if they wanted to come in and chat. They declined.

Never saw them again after that.

My encounters with them have been good, very sincere and polite. Exchanging ideas as moon pointed out is always good.

Wouldn't be easier to just build the Temple instead?
"rolling my eyes"

Forum List

Back