It's time to legalize drugs

Law are not made on the basis of individuals. I can safely drive a car at 90mph. That doesnt mean speed limits shouldn't apply to me.
Legalizing drugs will incresae their use. Does anyone argue this is a good thing?
You dont like executing criminals? Sorry for you.

I dont mind executing murderers, or even rapists. executing someone for possessing or smoking a plant is extreme.

Speed limits are based on the physical limits of a car to ride on a road of a given slope, width and material. That has nothing to do with laws against substances people dont like.

A small increase in drug use, with reference to pot, is in my opinion worth the benefits we get in regulating it, taxing it, and decriminalizing it. The police could concentrate more on the more dangerous drugs and other crimes. The states would get another source of revenue.
Most violent crimes involve drugs. Get rid of drugs, get rid of lots of crime.
Pretty simple, really.

yea they say banning guns will get rid of lots of crime too.....

First off, cannabis isn't addictive. Studies have been done on this many times by respected medical bodies.

Second off, if cannabis were made legal tomorrow, the increase in cannabis smoking would NOT appreciably grow. It would bump up a little, but would stay pretty much the same.

Harvard Medical said light use is less than 10 joints/day. Moderate use is 11 to 25, heavy use is anything above 50/day.

Besides.......cannabis is a plant. Why should mankind make something illegal that God created?

The experience in the Netherlands pretty much contradicts that nonsense.
No one is making something God created illegal. Only its use, sale and possession.

which is making it illegal dumbass....

Why would I be? because of admitted pot use? Its a violation, and last i heard only felons are not allowed to own guns.

The comparison stands, no matter how much you dont like it. Saying banning drugs will reduce crime is exactly like saying banning guns will reduce crime.

Its nothing about judgement, its about the percived logic, and yours is wrong.

Federal Form 4472, Question 11E "Are you an unlawful user of or addicted to...marijuana....."
If you answer yes, which you must, you are prohibited. Period.
There is no comparison. It is a falsehood.

Hey stupid.......you can't become addicted to cannabis.

ABS....i think you can Mentally.......but not physically no.....

Drugs are illegal now and anyone can get anything anytime, any day, any hour and any minute of every day. And they call them "controlled substances". Only a fool believes drugs are "controlled".
Anyone that denies that fact is an idiot.
All prohibition does is create more debt, broken families, fills prisons, crime, violence and deaths.
Prohibition is far worse than legalization.
Drugs are A HEALTH PROBLEM, not a crime problem. The prohibition causes the crime.

Utter bullshit.

i agree....you have been uttering a lot of it.....

I dont mind executing murderers, or even rapists. executing someone for possessing or smoking a plant is extreme.

Speed limits are based on the physical limits of a car to ride on a road of a given slope, width and material. That has nothing to do with laws against substances people dont like.

A small increase in drug use, with reference to pot, is in my opinion worth the benefits we get in regulating it, taxing it, and decriminalizing it. The police could concentrate more on the more dangerous drugs and other crimes. The states would get another source of revenue.
Most violent crimes involve drugs. Get rid of drugs, get rid of lots of crime.
Pretty simple, really.

They say Elvis is still alive too.
Is there a point you are trying to make here?

How many robberies, rapes, and murders have involved drugs? The answer is virtually all of them. Why you would want to introduce more drugs to increase more violent crime is known only to you. No rational person would suggest it.

and what kind of Drugs are those assholes doing?.......how many are just doing Pot?.....

How many robberies, rapes, and murders have involved drugs? The answer is virtually all of them. Why you would want to introduce more drugs to increase more violent crime is known only to you. No rational person would suggest it.

and what kind of Drugs are those assholes doing?.......how many are just doing Pot?.....

How many are doing pot? All of them.

I'm sure we all remember when Nancy Reagan kicked off the War on Drugs. (Funny how the first thing the Reagans did was create a massive FEDERAL agency, awarding unprecedented power to the Fed . . . to harass stoners buying nickel bags).

(Wow. Just wow)

Reagan's war on drugs concentrated more power in the federal government than anything FDR and LBJ ever dreamed. And what about Reagan's hand in the Cold War? The father of modern conservatism didn't merely want to grow Washington large enough to manage the 50 states - nope, he wanted to create a Pentagon large and powerful enough to police the globe, which he filled with military bases. None of the FOX News morons noticed any of this because they were (and still are) trapped in a hermetically sealed bubble. When Reagan used the Cold War as a context to create the military infrastructure to police ("stabilize") the global market system - so American capital could have access to the world's labor and resources - he made Washington MASSIVE.... (But the morons didn't see it)

Ask a FOX News Republican about geopolitics... ask a FOX News Republican about Reagan's Relationship to Saddam Hussein or the Mujahideen, and you get a blank stare. These morons have been drugged with simpleton cliches about how freedom is on the march. They didn't see how their beloved party was growing Washington beyond belief.

(morons)

Why didn't the FOX News Zombies see the Big military and law enforcement Government created by movement conservatism? Why didn't they see that Reagan and Bush added more jobs, agencies, and debt to the federal government than Carter and Clinton? Because they were (and are) useful idiots. To this day, nobody on the Right has analyzed the road from Nancy Reagan's "you can't fly if you're high" to the Patriot Act and Homeland Security. Movement Conservatism -- with the help of Blue Dogs Clinton and Obama -- has spent 30 years growing Big Brother to fight drugs and evil doers. The Right has made government bigger and more invasive than anyone on the left has ever dreamed. (But the morons don't see it)

They tell us government is not competent enough to run a laundromat, but then they ask us to invest trillions into rebuilding whole Arab countries. (But the morons don't see it)

Most of us wondered how Reagan and movement conservatism got away with growing such a large expensive invasive government. When Reagan was growing the Pentagon to "fight evil" and the Fed to fight drugs, I laughed at how few people noticed the Orwellian slight of hand. Small government? Really?

(Movement conservatism LOVES adding federal laws which trump state's rights. Since Reagan, they have been the party of Big Government . . . on steroids)

(everybody knows this)

(except the morons)

You will recall when Bush sent the Feds into California to shut down medical marijuana facilities?

(States rights?)

(The morons don't see it)

Or what about the The Patriot Act which gave the Bush fed the power to track finances in every state. Talk about Big Brother. They even caught Spitzer, political enemy #1. (Movement conservatism has turned into a parody of the old Soviet Union)
The Spitzer Sex Sting: A Few More Questions?By Scott Horton (Harper's Magazine)

Let's not even talk about Homeland Security, the most invasive, secretive, centralizing, expensive Big Government monster ever created. You gotta love the Right. They love their Big Government.
A hidden world, growing beyond control | washingtonpost.com

States rights? Reagan's Conservatism used the war on drugs to gain access to every state. Bush used the war on terrorism to do the same.

Movement Conservatism, under Reagan and Bush, became intoxicated with Federal Power.

(Everybody knows this)

(Except the morons)

Last edited:

yea your a fucking idiot.....and has probably never even been around any kind of drugs.....you ever take a hit off a joint rabbi?......

You can't write. You can't spell. You can't reason.
Are you stoned most of the time or only when you post?

yea your a fucking idiot.....and has probably never even been around any kind of drugs.....you ever take a hit off a joint rabbi?......

just as i thought...another uninformed asshole making comments about stuff he knows nothing about......

you were saying?

BEcause some fool says something does not make it a valid argument. The comparison to guns is odious simply because it is so wrong. It is a red herring because no one can deny the obvious: drugs cause violent anti social behavior. So legalizing them will increase the number of drugs and drug users, thereby increasing violence and anti social behavior.
No one has refuted any of that.

just as i thought...another uninformed asshole making comments about stuff he knows nothing about......

Translation: You beat me on that one. Think I'll toke another.

The Dutch experiment is a failure, as they try to stuff the genie back in the bottle.

I have a better solution: give each addict caught with drugs the absolute best rehab program available. If caught again, execute them. Execute dealers even on a first time offense.
That will solve the drug problem.

Not all drug users are addicts. I use pot recreationally, a few times a year. Drug laws are like all laws limiting "use of X". They are desgined to protect the weakest and stupidest people in our society, while preventing people such as myself a little bit of enjoyment when we want to relax.

We already have several legal drugs, alcohol, nicotine, caffine, so there is precedent, and most of these were legal prior to their regulation in the early 20th century.

Aggressive pursuit of eliminating drug use has resulted in increased crime, transfer of our money to said criminals, increased police power, lack of respect for the law, and basically zero elimination of drug use.

its time to try something different.

I agree we need to try something different. But turning this country into a nation of zombies isnt really what I would call a good change.
I proposed something different, and something with a proven record of eliminating drug addiction.

If drugs were legal would you become a zombie?

No, right?

But you imagine that others who currently do not take drugs would?

Why?

Not all drug users are addicts. I use pot recreationally, a few times a year. Drug laws are like all laws limiting "use of X". They are desgined to protect the weakest and stupidest people in our society, while preventing people such as myself a little bit of enjoyment when we want to relax.

We already have several legal drugs, alcohol, nicotine, caffine, so there is precedent, and most of these were legal prior to their regulation in the early 20th century.

Aggressive pursuit of eliminating drug use has resulted in increased crime, transfer of our money to said criminals, increased police power, lack of respect for the law, and basically zero elimination of drug use.

its time to try something different.

I agree we need to try something different. But turning this country into a nation of zombies isnt really what I would call a good change.
I proposed something different, and something with a proven record of eliminating drug addiction.

If drugs were legal would you become a zombie?

No, right?

But you imagine that others who currently do not take drugs would?

Why?

As a matter of fact I probably would.
But that's besides the point. Drugs are illegal and people already turn themselves into zombies. How will legalizing them stop any of that?

Forum List

Back