It's time to legalize drugs

You didnt answer my ability to use pot, not to excess. why should I be banned from using it because someone else can't control themselves?

How would legalizing pot turn us into a nation of zombies?

Also the idea of killing people based on a drug test is, honestly, abhorrent, and reeks of fascism.

Law are not made on the basis of individuals. I can safely drive a car at 90mph. That doesnt mean speed limits shouldn't apply to me.
Legalizing drugs will incresae their use. Does anyone argue this is a good thing?
You dont like executing criminals? Sorry for you.

your getting regulation mixed up with prohibition there is no law *banning* you from driving your car at 90 mph just restictions as to what speed you can drive when using PUBLIC roads in conjuction with other citizens safety is a factor .

use of a car on private property is not govt regulated
neither should drug use .
what stats have you got that says drug use will increase with deregulation .

there is no evidence that when prohibition was lifted the country turned into a nation of drunks
what happened was the crime rate went down and the citizen bought alcohol safely at the local store paying a tax to the govt instead of paying a prenium to a bootlegger
what do you prefer ???

Fact is deregulation will decrease drug use. More $$ into education and treatment will decrease it.
They sell bad dope on TV now legally. That is what needs to be banned. Let them have it also but ban the ads.

I have a better solution: give each addict caught with drugs the absolute best rehab program available. If caught again, execute them. Execute dealers even on a first time offense.
That will solve the drug problem.

And you call yourself a Conservative, what a joke.

You guys really think open air drug markets in the US are a good idea?

Do it like the dutch, specific stores, government regulated, supplied by in state farms or labs. Everything checked, everything taxed. Even allow people to grow small amounts on thier property for personal use.

The only thing you would have to work on would be a blood concentration vs. incapacity scale, similar to BAC to punish people operating motor vehicles while under the influence.

The Dutch experiment is a failure, as they try to stuff the genie back in the bottle.

I have a better solution: give each addict caught with drugs the absolute best rehab program available. If caught again, execute them. Execute dealers even on a first time offense.

My cousin manages a CVS pharmacy. He would not like your idea.
He sells a lot of dope to folks that really do not need it.
Does your idea include Doctors? They sell the most dope out there.

You didnt answer my ability to use pot, not to excess. why should I be banned from using it because someone else can't control themselves?

How would legalizing pot turn us into a nation of zombies?

Also the idea of killing people based on a drug test is, honestly, abhorrent, and reeks of fascism.

Law are not made on the basis of individuals. I can safely drive a car at 90mph. That doesnt mean speed limits shouldn't apply to me.
Legalizing drugs will incresae their use. Does anyone argue this is a good thing?

I dont mind executing murderers, or even rapists. executing someone for possessing or smoking a plant is extreme.

Speed limits are based on the physical limits of a car to ride on a road of a given slope, width and material. That has nothing to do with laws against substances people dont like.

A small increase in drug use, with reference to pot, is in my opinion worth the benefits we get in regulating it, taxing it, and decriminalizing it. The police could concentrate more on the more dangerous drugs and other crimes. The states would get another source of revenue.
Most violent crimes involve drugs. Get rid of drugs, get rid of lots of crime.
Pretty simple, really.

Your dad needs to sit you down and explain the difference between a conservative and a narco-libertarian, junior.

Do it like the dutch, specific stores, government regulated, supplied by in state farms or labs. Everything checked, everything taxed. Even allow people to grow small amounts on thier property for personal use.

The only thing you would have to work on would be a blood concentration vs. incapacity scale, similar to BAC to punish people operating motor vehicles while under the influence.

The Dutch experiment is a failure, as they try to stuff the genie back in the bottle.

I'm in favor of legalizing pharmaceuticals prescribed by doctors and sold through licensed pharmacies.

I wonder how long until Rabbi extends his Authoritarian reasoning to Alcohol and McDonalds. After all, neither of them are good for you either.

I wonder how long until Rabbi extends his Authoritarian reasoning to Alcohol and McDonalds. After all, neither of them are good for you either.

Smart people can make distinctions. Stupid people can't.

You obviously can't make distinctions.

Well do tell us what is your reasoning behind killing dealers for the first offense and then drug addicts for their second after they get rehab. Why do they get the death penalty?

Your dad needs to sit you down and explain the difference between a conservative and a narco-libertarian, junior.

And you need to learn the difference between a real conservative who believes in personal responsibility and liberty and a nanny statist "conservative" who wants to use the gubmint to control others.

BTW, your -81 rep didn't hurt nancy boy. :lol:

Well do tell us what is your reasoning behind killing dealers for the first offense and then drug addicts for their second after they get rehab. Why do they get the death penalty?

Because they obviously cannot be productive members of society. The opposite in fact. They are destructive to society.
[Tune up slippery slope fallacy from Junior in 3...2...1....]

And you need to learn the difference between a real conservative who believes in personal responsibility and liberty and a nanny statist "conservative" who wants to use the gubmint to control others.

I think I know the difference. Do you, cum-slurper?

Because they obviously cannot be productive members of society. The opposite in fact. They are destructive to society.
[Tune up slippery slope fallacy from Junior in 3...2...1....]

Except who's defining "productive members of society"?

Now thanks to him it's +465. :lol:

First off, cannabis isn't addictive. Studies have been done on this many times by respected medical bodies.

Second off, if cannabis were made legal tomorrow, the increase in cannabis smoking would NOT appreciably grow. It would bump up a little, but would stay pretty much the same.

Harvard Medical said light use is less than 10 joints/day. Moderate use is 11 to 25, heavy use is anything above 50/day.

Besides.......cannabis is a plant. Why should mankind make something illegal that God created?

I dont mind executing murderers, or even rapists. executing someone for possessing or smoking a plant is extreme.

Speed limits are based on the physical limits of a car to ride on a road of a given slope, width and material. That has nothing to do with laws against substances people dont like.

A small increase in drug use, with reference to pot, is in my opinion worth the benefits we get in regulating it, taxing it, and decriminalizing it. The police could concentrate more on the more dangerous drugs and other crimes. The states would get another source of revenue.
Pretty simple, really.

Kind of like get rid of guns get rid of crime?

Both statements are equally false.

Pretty simple, really.

Kind of like get rid of guns get rid of crime?

Both statements are equally false.

Do people lose their judgment when they hold a gun in their hands? I never saw it.
False comparison.
Try sticking with the subject here.

But interesting you bring that up. You realize you are a prohibited person and ineligible to buy a gun, right?

I think I know the difference. Do you, cum-slurper?

Don't project nancy. Unlike you, I don't "think" I know the difference. I in fact "know" the difference. That is why I keep trying to school you. You are the poster boy for nanny statist "conservativism" that wants to use the gubmint to control others. Me, not so much.

First off, cannabis isn't addictive. Studies have been done on this many times by respected medical bodies.

Second off, if cannabis were made legal tomorrow, the increase in cannabis smoking would NOT appreciably grow. It would bump up a little, but would stay pretty much the same.

Harvard Medical said light use is less than 10 joints/day. Moderate use is 11 to 25, heavy use is anything above 50/day.

Besides.......cannabis is a plant. Why should mankind make something illegal that God created?

The experience in the Netherlands pretty much contradicts that nonsense.
No one is making something God created illegal. Only its use, sale and possession.

Forum List

Back