It's time to legalize drugs

Drugs are illegal now and anyone can get anything anytime, any day, any hour and any minute of every day. And they call them "controlled substances". Only a fool believes drugs are "controlled".
Anyone that denies that fact is an idiot.
All prohibition does is create more debt, broken families, fills prisons, crime, violence and deaths.
Prohibition is far worse than legalization.
Drugs are A HEALTH PROBLEM, not a crime problem. The prohibition causes the crime.

Drugs are illegal now and anyone can get anything anytime, any day, any hour and any minute of every day. And they call them "controlled substances". Only a fool believes drugs are "controlled".
All prohibition does is create more debt, broken families, fills prisons, crime, violence and deaths.
Drugs are A HEALTH PROBLEM, not a crime problem. The prohibition causes the crime.

Utter bullshit.

And both countries are rife with corruption and lawlessness. I heard the U.S. actually has a few soldiers there to try to restore order. You hear about that?

The Chinese faced this problem when the Communists took over. Opium had addled the entire population, from the Empress on down. The Communists made a proposal like mine. Within a few years they eradicated the opium problem.
Proven solution to a proven problem. Someone refute that.
sure the commies eradicted the drug dealers and a few thousand others as well expecially those who didnt follow the party line
sure the commies created a nation where the citizens were drug free ,no personal choose free and not much freedom to do much else being able to enjoy a few drugs now and again would be a improvement in there social life

1) Is drug use beneficial or detrimental to society?
2) Is eradicating drug use a desireable goal?

The answers to these questions are obvious to anyone with 2 functioning brain cells. Using a tried method we have the opportunity to eliminate or substantially curtail drug use in ths country. That is what we need to do.

So are you advocate banning CVS and Wahlgreens?
Dude, they advertise on NASCAR and TV.
Ask any law enforcement you know. Prescription drug abuse, most of the time with a legal prescription, is far, far worse than the illegal sector as far as Americans hooked on dangerous drugs.

The War on Drugs is one of the most violent, racist, ignorant, paranoid wars known to man. Just look at where it got its traction from. Nixon.

Heck, some of the biggest drug peddlers have been the CIA and financial banks.

Utter bullshit.

Well tell us your experience there Moe. I have 30 years working criminal cases in the courts, seeing the families of drug users and dealers, seeing the prisons fill up with over 50% for minor drug sales and over 50% of court time used for petty drug cases.
All mandated by mandatory sentencing and legislation which law enforcement, prosecutors and judges do not like.
Most local law enforcement believes drug laws are a waste of their time. Bankruptcy fraud is rarely investigated by the FBI because of mandatory drug legislation. Same with security issues that take a back seat because of man power on drug cases.
You have been watching too many Kojak re-runs. Get with the real world and facts.
And how about the Atlanta case where the APD faked the warrants, knocked down the door of an elderly woman at the wrong house in a drug raid and killed her.
They they lied on the reports to cover it all up. They got caught.
Goes on all the time.
Tell us your experience in this. I am all ears.

The War on Drugs is one of the most violent, racist, ignorant, paranoid wars known to man. Just look at where it got its traction from. Nixon.

Heck, some of the biggest drug peddlers have been the CIA and financial banks.

Add in the US military. CIA and the military smuggled in most of the heroin into NY in the 60s. Brought the heroin in the caskets of dead US soldiers.
Law enforcement will tell you that drugs are a health problem and that they are wasting their time attempting to stop the bad habits of Americans.
And they will also tell you the biggest problem they have now are prescription drugs. They are more powerful and addictive. Many are man made and have unknown effects on the brain.

You guys really think open air drug markets in the US are a good idea?

Do it like the dutch, specific stores, government regulated, supplied by in state farms or labs. Everything checked, everything taxed. Even allow people to grow small amounts on thier property for personal use.

The only thing you would have to work on would be a blood concentration vs. incapacity scale, similar to BAC to punish people operating motor vehicles while under the influence.

Would that work with every drug though, like crystal meth and heroin? alot of the people that use those can barely hold down a job as it is.

as long as they have there heroin they can be highly functional and not long ago housewives and truckers were all on speed..if we had cheap easily accessible drugs and let people decide for themselves and we would have a lot less problems and much less social cost

William F. Buckley and Milton Friedman, two of the most respected conservative intellectuals of the late 20th century, were among the drug war's high-profile critics. These great thinkers did not argue that recreational drug use should be celebrated -- far from it! Instead, they argued that the prohibition of drugs was causing far greater harm to society than drug abuse itself. And they were right.

When I ran for governor of New Mexico in 1994, I promised to bring a common-sense business approach to government. Everything was going to be a cost-benefit analysis -- how much of taxpayers' money are we spending, and what are we getting for the money we spend?

As governor, I was astonished to learn that half of what we were spending on law enforcement, courts and prisons was drug-related, and yet illegal drugs were cheaper, stronger and more available than ever. After further study, it became obvious to me that the drug war had created a lucrative black market and was enriching and empowering violent gangs and cartels. In many ways, it was like alcohol prohibition all over again, with similarly disastrous results.

Gary Johnson: Face reality, legalize pot - CNN.com

This was also ran a week or so ago:
'Global war on drugs has failed,' key panel says - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com
'Global war on drugs has failed,' key panel says
Commission criticizes US approach and argues that governments should end the criminalization of drug use

The 19-member commission includes former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan and former U.S. official George P. Schultz, who held cabinet posts under U.S. Presidents Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon.

Last edited:
Law enforcement will tell you that drugs are a health problem and that they are wasting their time attempting to stop the bad habits of Americans.

Not all of them will tell you this. Why would they? It is their livelihood and many benefit on the side. And the prison industry thrives off this war and non-violent offenders. It sucks up productive resources for non-productive use.

It kind of hard to say that we are winning the war on drugs when prisoners are OD'ing on them.

Last edited:

Utter bullshit.

Well tell us your experience there Moe. I have 30 years working criminal cases in the courts, seeing the families of drug users and dealers, seeing the prisons fill up with over 50% for minor drug sales and over 50% of court time used for petty drug cases.
All mandated by mandatory sentencing and legislation which law enforcement, prosecutors and judges do not like.
Most local law enforcement believes drug laws are a waste of their time. Bankruptcy fraud is rarely investigated by the FBI because of mandatory drug legislation. Same with security issues that take a back seat because of man power on drug cases.
You have been watching too many Kojak re-runs. Get with the real world and facts.
And how about the Atlanta case where the APD faked the warrants, knocked down the door of an elderly woman at the wrong house in a drug raid and killed her.
Goes on all the time.

How many robberies, rapes, and murders have involved drugs? The answer is virtually all of them. Why you would want to introduce more drugs to increase more violent crime is known only to you. No rational person would suggest it.

Utter bullshit.

Goes on all the time.

How many robberies, rapes, and murders have involved drugs? The answer is virtually all of them. Why you would want to introduce more drugs to increase more violent crime is known only to you. No rational person would suggest it.
Your link to prove your assertion didn't come through in your post :eusa_whistle:

What I don't understand is I can take a substance. Process it. Ferment it. Let it age. Add a few chemicals to it. Now I can legally market it and sell it to anyone over age 21. But yet I can not plant a seed and pick the flower? Now personally I don't smoke the stuff I just don't like it. But who are we as a society to decide what is or isn't good for our neighbors?

Pot sure without question.

Why?

because it does little harm personally or to society on a whole and has much less risk of negative side effects than any pain killer, cough syrup or anti depressant...it is a herb

That's awfully subjective, how can you make a blanket statement like that when I personally know people who have dropped out of school because of their chronic use of marijuana? I know people whose days are consumed by smoking and they literally achieve nothing.I also know people who regularly smoked movie on to drugs like Cocaine and Mushrooms. I know people who have gotten in accidents while they were high. How can you claim that for on an individual level for every user and their immediate group of friends and family that it has little harm? Granted, this doesn't happen to all users, but to imply use for every user provides little harm if just false.

You aren't really interested in personal freedom, you just believe your crutch of choice, your personal preference, should be legalized. Why should responsible cocaine users not be free to use but irresponsible marijuana users should?

People were making large careers, sneaking around the ban on alcoholic, committing illegal activities, and killing people. However, we don't see Al Capones running around now.

People were making large careers, sneaking around the ban on alcoholic, committing illegal activities, and killing people. However, we don't see Al Capones running around now.

You don't see large drug lords? You don't see drug gangs making hits on each other?
You must live in an alternative universe.

You don't see large drug lords? You don't see drug gangs making hits on each other?
You must live in an alternative universe.

lol....whoosh.

Forum List

Back