It's a Matter of Honor - the 8/28 Rally at the Lincoln Memorial

I am not intending to be an apologist for Glenn Beck.

Except, you are.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf33g9ep4YU]YouTube - Glenn Beck: "I hate 9/11 victims families for asking questions"[/ame]

Yes he did say that he hated the 9/11 families. Not all of them. About 10 of them. Ditto for a few of the New Orleans Katrina victims. IF that tape has not been edited--and I'm not convinced it isn't based on the inflammatory graphics being flashed during the playing of it--then I wish he had phrased it differently. But I got what he was saying which was not hating the people but that they were exploiting their victimhood and ruining it for others. Not everybody. Just a few.

Did you get that? Or did you just hear a phrase you could pull out of context and use to condemn him?

Palin is going to be there isn't she?
So we are suppose to go along with a woman, who stood up for a woman who used the N word many times on her show? I think MLK might have a problem with that.

No, MLK would not have a problem with that.

But Sarah will not be speaking on any political issues. Her role will be introducing heroes of the military, as a mother, not as a candidate or candidate's advocate.

Attendees have been asked not to bring any political signs or slogans to this rally.

MLK wouldn't have had a problem with someone using the word ******, what is it eleven times? :lol:
Sure he wouldn't.

I think that's why I find myself liking and appreciating Glenn Beck, Avatar. He never blows his own horn. He doesn't pretend to be any kind of saint or righteous person. He just calls it as he sees it, and he is offering a perspective that nobody--not Rush, not Hannity, not anybody else with a national forum--is regularly putting out there. And he is 100% non partisan. :) I don't always agree with his conclusions, but he damn sure makes me think. And he's sent me scrambling to look up stuff numerous times.

I'm not a regular Glenn Beck listener to either his radio or TV shows, but what I have heard covninces me there is nobody more qualified or deserving to lead a rally to restore American honor tomorrow. And I am thrilled with the focus on that as I think most Americans will be. As the Rasmussen poll indicated: graft, corruption, dishonesty, dishonor is the #2 issue on America's mind right now and I think they're ready to deal with it.

Strike my comment that you are smarter than the average RWer; it appears you and Avatar are much alike, you simply know how to write a sentence and spell.

Woo hoo. I win, I win, I WIN!!!! When they are out of ammo and have to attack me, they've got nothing. :)

Then they were clearly shooting blanks to begin with:)

So you support someone who talks about hating 9/11 victims and Katrina victims? And if you want links check the other thread. I have already provided many quotes in that thread, that back up my claim.

I have never EVER heard Glenn Beck say that he hates anybody. And if you have something in full context from a reliable source--I don't accept anything, rightwing or leftwing, that is pulled off some hate blog--then by all means post the link.

Until you can do that, you've got nothing.

I am not intending to be an apologist for Glenn Beck. He is certainly capable of speaking for himself and defending himself. And every time the Left has tried to destroy him, they've come up pretty much with egg on their face because they just can't make themselves look credible in the face of the truth.

But if we're going to restore honor to America, one of several things that has to be done is to start calling the hate mongerers on their hate. If they slur and smear somebody in an effort to destroy them, we have to start calling them on it. Make them put up or shut up. Restoring intellectual honesty and calling true prejudice and bigotry what it is would be a huge step forward in restoring honor and integrity to the system.

He hates Woodrow Wilson.

Other than that. I agree.

So you support someone who talks about hating 9/11 victims and Katrina victims? And if you want links check the other thread. I have already provided many quotes in that thread, that back up my claim.

I have never EVER heard Glenn Beck say that he hates anybody. And if you have something in full context from a reliable source--I don't accept anything, rightwing or leftwing, that is pulled off some hate blog--then by all means post the link.

I am not intending to be an apologist for Glenn Beck. He is certainly capable of speaking for himself and defending himself. And every time the Left has tried to destroy him, they've come up pretty much with egg on their face because they just can't make themselves look credible in the face of the truth.

But if we're going to restore honor to America, one of several things that has to be done is to start calling the hate mongerers on their hate. If they slur and smear somebody in an effort to destroy them, we have to start calling them on it. Make them put up or shut up. Restoring intellectual honesty and calling true prejudice and bigotry what it is would be a huge step forward in restoring honor and integrity to the system.
So then by your words, I have the right to call out Beck. Thanks!

Yes he did say that he hated the 9/11 families. Not all of them. About 10 of them. Ditto for a few of the New Orleans Katrina victims. IF that tape has not been edited--and I'm not convinced it isn't based on the inflammatory graphics being flashed during the playing of it--then I wish he had phrased it differently. But I got what he was saying which was not hating the people but that they were exploiting their victimhood and ruining it for others. Not everybody. Just a few.

Did you get that? Or did you just hear a phrase you could pull out of context and use to condemn him?

You said and I quote:

I have never EVER heard Glenn Beck say that he hates anybody.

I gave you proof to otherwise, instead of thanking me and going on your merry way, you defended his comments.

You are a apologist.

Don't feel like posting them again. There is a link in each article to the original source.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...g-honor-rally-on-8-28-10-a-2.html#post2665402

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...g-honor-rally-on-8-28-10-a-2.html#post2665429

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...g-honor-rally-on-8-28-10-a-3.html#post2665455

I really like the part where he says if you are an ugly woman, you are probably a progressive. And I think he clearly states he hates some 9/11 victims and Katrina victims.

You said and I quote:

I gave you proof to otherwise, instead of thanking me and going on your merry way, you defended his comments.

You are a apologist.
I don't think he would really kill Michael Moore, but saying he would kill him for $50 million dollars probably means he hates him also. I especially like the link I posted where he talks about Californians losing their houses to wildfires.

I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, 'Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore,' and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, 'Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death.' And you know, well, I'm not sure." –responding to the question "What would people do for $50 million?", "The Glenn Beck Program," May 17, 2005 (Source)
Glenn Beck Quotes - Top 10 Craziest Glenn Beck Quotes of All Time

He really loves everyone.

You said and I quote:

You are a apologist.
I don't think he would really kill Michael Moore, but saying he would kill him for $50 million dollars probably means he hates him also. I especially like the link I posted where he talks about Californians losing their houses to wildfires.

I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, 'Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore,' and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, 'Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death.' And you know, well, I'm not sure." –responding to the question "What would people do for $50 million?", "The Glenn Beck Program," May 17, 2005 (Source)
Glenn Beck Quotes - Top 10 Craziest Glenn Beck Quotes of All Time

He really loves everyone.
Yes his remarks about us in SoCal during the fires....I'd almost forgotten that. That was while many evacuating and losing their homes were military families.

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.
Martin Luther King Jr.

I doubt very much that King would like Beck.

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.
Martin Luther King Jr.

He'd probably pity him.

Martin Luther King Jr.

He'd probably pity him.

Probably! He wouldn't hate him, but he would pity him.

Okay. Since you guys are pulling your stuff from mostly anti-conservative, anti-Beck, or anti-something leftwing blogs, I don't know how honest your depiction is on this stuff. . .but. . . .

I will concede that among hundreds of hours of radio and television programming spanning years, Glenn Beck has said things worthy of question and criticism. I can't think of anybody who gets the kind of exposure he gets who hasn't. But if you're going to use those isolated incidents to damn him and disregard all the other hundreds of hours of programming, you should be willing to do the same to your own heroes meaning that Barack Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi et al should be removed from office immediately or should be discredited in all ways due to their saying some inappropriate or offensive things.

And if you aren't willing to agree to that, then maybe we can all agree that nobody is a saint all the time, everybody sooner or later is going to say something stupid or offensive or express a point using words he or she would really like to take back or would say differently in retrospect.

And if we can agree to that, then maybe we can get past yet another Glenn Beck bashing session and focus instead on the rally itself.

What do you expect to happen at this rally that you think is inappropriate or offensive?

Okay. Since you guys are pulling your stuff from mostly anti-conservative, anti-Beck, or anti-something leftwing blogs, I don't know how honest your depiction is on this stuff. . .but. . . .

I will concede that among hundreds of hours of radio and television programming spanning years, Glenn Beck has said things worthy of question and criticism. I can't think of anybody who gets the kind of exposure he gets who hasn't. But if you're going to use those isolated incidents to damn him and disregard all the other hundreds of hours of programming, you should be willing to do the same to your own heroes meaning that Barack Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi et al should be removed from office immediately or should be discredited in all ways due to their saying some inappropriate or offensive things.

And if you aren't willing to agree to that, then maybe we can all agree that nobody is a saint all the time, everybody sooner or later is going to say something stupid or offensive or express a point using words he or she would really like to take back or would say differently in retrospect.

And if we can agree to that, then maybe we can get past yet another Glenn Beck bashing session and focus instead on the rally itself.

What do you expect to happen at this rally that you think is inappropriate or offensive?

They all have links to the original source, but nice try. And I am sorry I don't support someone who calls liberals a cancer on america, and says ugly woman are probably progressives, and speaking badly about people losing their house to wild fires. You can go ahead and support him. I never said you couldn't, also never said he shouldn't have his rally. I just think it is in poor taste, and I don't plan on supporting it.

If this is a non-political non-partisan event, I would expect the invited speakers etc. would represent a broad cross section of America, as many politically liberal as conservative, on balance.

Is that the case? Who's in the lineup?

You said you weren't a apologist for him, yet here you are acting like one. You're saying the exact same things a apologist would.

Glenn Beck becomes damaged goods - Glenn Beck - Salon.com

The animosity between Beck and Kelly continued to deepen. When Beck and Hattrick produced a local version of Orson Welles' "War of the Worlds" for Halloween -- a recurring motif in Beck's life and career -- Kelly told a local reporter that the bit was a stupid rip-off of a syndicated gag. The slight outraged Beck, who got his revenge with what may rank as one of the cruelest bits in the history of morning radio. "A couple days after Kelly's wife, Terry, had a miscarriage, Beck called her live on the air and says, 'We hear you had a miscarriage,' " remembers Brad Miller, a former Y95 DJ and Clear Channel programmer. "When Terry said, 'Yes,' Beck proceeded to joke about how Bruce [Kelly] apparently can't do anything right -- about he can't even have a baby."

"It was low class," says Miller, now president of Open Stream Broadcasting. "There are certain places you just don't go."

"Beck turned Y95 into a guerrilla station," says Kelly. "It was an example of the zoo thing getting out of control. It became just about pissing people off, part of the culture shift that gave us 'Jackass.'" Among those who were appalled by Beck's prank call was Beck's own wife, Claire, who had been friends with Kelly's wife since the two worked together at WPGC.

Go ahead and apologize for the POS further if you like.

Forum List

Back