It's a Matter of Honor - the 8/28 Rally at the Lincoln Memorial

I wonder if it is possible for somebody who is a self professed liberal to be able to discuss any concept on its own merit? I mean a concept like discussing restoring honor by restoring American virtue and values? So far everybody is focusing on the evils of Glenn Beck AND/OR disparaging Alveda King AND/OR disparaging Sarah Palin,

Admittedly, some of the conservatives, including myself, have waded into personality defense or bashing, so I am also guilty.

But why is nobody able to comment on the concept of the rally itself without respect to its date, location, or personalities involved? I would really like to discuss that.

I could get into a general discussion about patriotism and loyalty. After all, I participated in many such discussions when the country was united after the 911 attacks. But to answer your question, if anyone but Glenn Beck was leading this charge, you might GET a legitimate conversation. But since Beck's history is that of a divider, and not a uniter, the whole thing stinks of the ultimate in hypocrisy.

If this is a non-political non-partisan event, I would expect the invited speakers etc. would represent a broad cross section of America, as many politically liberal as conservative, on balance.

Is that the case? Who's in the lineup?

So no one has the speaker list? Seriously, I looked on his site I didn't find it.

I'd like to see it, to confirm that this is a non-political, non-partisan event.

I know Palin's going to be there, that's one strike against non-partisan.

Where's the list !!??

to celebrate it, one would have to think it isn't a load of bull. sorry honey. that isn't 'bitter partisanship', it is a reflection of the person who is doing this and the truly questionable motivation for it... not to mention the apparent dishonesty in him picking this place and this date.

i'm sorry... i'll leave now. :(

Well said, Jill. I feel the same way. I listen to Beck and Palin all the time and they seem full of hate for so many people and things. I just can't see them in a different light. I think it's fake. They are not doing this from the heart. God only knows their real motives.

Beck isn't dividing anyone. You are.

REALLY???

On Tuesday morning, the Fox News host was on his network's morning show, "Fox and Friends," when the subject of a White House meeting between President Obama, Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates and the police sargeant who arrested Gates came up. This is what Beck had to say about it:

This president, I think, has exposed himself as a guy -- over and over and over again -- who has a deep seated hatred for white people or white culture, I don't know what it is.

Later, "Fox and Friends" co-host Brian Kilmeade said to Beck, "Listen, you can't say he doesn't like white people. David Axelrod's white, Rahm Emanuel, his chief of staff, is white. I think 70 percent of the people that we see every day are white. Robert Gibbs is white."

This prompted an odd walkback from Beck, who then immediately contradicted himself:

I'm not saying he doesn't like white people. I'm saying he has a problem, this guy is, I believe, a racist.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzKFYcHKbnk]YouTube - Glenn Beck Calls Obama A Racist[/ame]

The rally is not about MLK or Civil Rights or politics.

A pretty ignorant thing for you to say, Foxy...being that the King led March on Washington Speech/event has been annually celebrated for DECADES. FYI, the theme of this year's celebration/observation is "Reclaim the Dream"

I wonder if it is possible for somebody who is a self professed liberal to be able to discuss any concept on its own merit? I mean a concept like discussing restoring honor by restoring American virtue and values? So far everybody is focusing on the evils of Glenn Beck AND/OR disparaging Alveda King AND/OR disparaging Sarah Palin,

Admittedly, some of the conservatives, including myself, have waded into personality defense or bashing, so I am also guilty.

But why is nobody able to comment on the concept of the rally itself without respect to its date, location, or personalities involved? I would really like to discuss that.

I could get into a general discussion about patriotism and loyalty. After all, I participated in many such discussions when the country was united after the 911 attacks. But to answer your question, if anyone but Glenn Beck was leading this charge, you might GET a legitimate conversation. But since Beck's history is that of a divider, and not a uniter, the whole thing stinks of the ultimate in hypocrisy.

Would you say that those who judge others the most harshly are the ones who are least able to put aside judgmentalism, partisanship, and self righteous superiority long enough to focus on anything else?

to celebrate it, one would have to think it isn't a load of bull. sorry honey. that isn't 'bitter partisanship', it is a reflection of the person who is doing this and the truly questionable motivation for it... not to mention the apparent dishonesty in him picking this place and this date.

So, it is better to leave this nation in the mess it is in? You think killing babies before they are born, making immorality the main goal for freedom in America, allowing a Person to be president who is not even an American, and who also creates racism in his own party in a very deceptive way, opening up the nation to freeloaders who demand more services for free, having people like the ACLU help in demoralizing the nation, changing the true meaning of marriage, neglecting and ignoring the Constitution while also reinterpreting it to create a feelgood hateful place, is the better way? Well, there is the bull!!!!

So please do leave. You are not invited to the true American event. Only True Americans are allowed.

So, it is better to leave this nation in the mess it is in? You think killing babies before they are born, making immorality the main goal for freedom in America, allowing a Person to be president who is not even an American, and who also creates racism in his own party in a very deceptive way, opening up the nation to freeloaders who demand more services for free, having people like the ACLU help in demoralizing the nation, changing the true meaning of marriage, neglecting and ignoring the Constitution while also reinterpreting it to create a feelgood hateful place, is the better way? Well, there is the bull!!!!

So please do leave. You are not invited to the true American event. Only True Americans are allowed.

Morons like you are exactly WHY this whole rally is a hoax. This is the manifestation of the propaganda Beck spews on a daily basis...IGNORANCE

America is attempting to restore honor...we started when the two war criminal left office.

I don't think many people will understand it. it doesnt matter how non-political it is. The people who don't like Glenn are going to find excuses to dismiss this. It's a shame though. We live in a world where integrity and honesty are desperately needed.

I love Glenn Beck and his high efforts to bring the people of America together in the spirit of "faith, hope and charity." Dr. King has been on his show many times. She is a great admirer of his and has said how proud her Uncle, DR. MLK would also have been. That Dr. King was seeking racial equality. "I Have a Dream" speech was his highest effort. Anyone who is against Beck's intentions, is because they just want to be. "Divide and conquer?"

Last edited:
I don't think many people will understand it. it doesnt matter how non-political it is. The people who don't like Glenn are going to find excuses to dismiss this. It's a shame though. We live in a world where integrity and honesty are desperately needed.

I love Glenn Beck and his high efforts to bring the people of America together in the spirit of "faith, hope and charity." Dr. King has been on his show many times. She is a great admirer of his and has said how proud her Uncle, DR. MLK would also have been. That Dr. King was seeking racial equaity. "I Have a Dream" speech was his highest effort. Anyone that is against Beck's intentions, is because they just want to be. "Divide and conquer?"

A reality check for you two:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...ly-at-the-lincoln-memorial-7.html#post2666448

Beck is a documented consumate liar who has made a fortune pandering to the hate and fear of the low information and willfully ignorant audiences of Fox News, the WND, Newsbusters, Hannity, Limbaugh, Crowley, Levin, etc.

I love Glenn Beck and his high efforts to bring the people of America together in the spirit of "faith, hope and charity." Dr. King has been on his show many times. She is a great admirer of his and has said how proud her Uncle, DR. MLK would also have been. That Dr. King was seeking racial equaity. "I Have a Dream" speech was his highest effort. Anyone that is against Beck's intentions, is because they just want to be. "Divide and conquer?"

A reality check for you two:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...ly-at-the-lincoln-memorial-7.html#post2666448

Beck is a documented consumate liar who has made a fortune pandering to the hate and fear of the low information and willfully ignorant audiences of Fox News, the WND, Newsbusters, Hannity, Limbaugh, Crowley, Levin, etc.

You're delusional. Beck and ALL the others you mentioned, are champions of liberty and freedom and the Constitution.

I realized I am starting to get angry at some of the things people are saying about this rally.

You're free to think whatever you want. But I want to restore honor and eliminate corruption. That's what's in my heart.

I am going to stop arguing with you guys and ask you to forgive me for being overzealous. If I get angry than the whole point of tomorrow is lost.

I seriously hope anyone who has an opportunity will come. There is supposed to be a live feed as well online. Join with us. Who cares about politics? We need to restore integrity into our lives. We need to be honest people. We need to have faith, hope, and charity.

It doesn't matter what you think of Glenn. We need those principles in our lives.

I realized I am starting to get angry at some of the things people are saying about this rally.

You're free to think whatever you want. But I want to restore honor and eliminate corruption. That's what's in my heart.

I am going to stop arguing with you guys and ask you to forgive me for being overzealous. If I get angry than the whole point of tomorrow is lost.

I seriously hope anyone who has an opportunity will come. There is supposed to be a live feed as well online. Join with us. Who cares about politics? We need to restore integrity into our lives. We need to be honest people. We need to have faith, hope, and charity.

It doesn't matter what you think of Glenn. We need those principles in our lives.

What he said.

I don't get angry. Just bored and discouraged. And after awhile it seems silly to continue to engage in an exercise of futility when obviously other members are not interested in anything other than bashing somebody or something. That's okay up to a point. And then it is just isn't.

According to that Rasmussen poll, Americans are concerned about graft and corruption in government and the increased stress on traditional American virtue and value. They put that second in importance to the economy and jobs.

And THAT is what the rally is about. And I hope some will have a change of heart and listen in.

Because a phony is holding the rally. It would be like Hitler or Stalin holding a rally to restore honor.

It's bullshit.

If anyone in here can convince me it was a "coincidence" why he picked that date and that location, I will change my mind and say Beck is a great American.

But some conservatives — and even some Beck fans — say they’re concerned with what they view as a series of unfulfilled promises by Beck to engage more directly in the populist conservative politics he espouses on his syndicated radio show and Fox News television program. They point to his decisions to step away from a political group he founded, The 9.12 Project, and also to abandon plans for voter registration efforts and a political manifesto that was to have been launched at Saturday’s rally.

Beck declined to comment for this story through a spokesman.

Influential conservative blogger Erick Erickson said Beck won’t be able to answer what Erickson has called lingering questions about “whether he’s doing it for himself or doing it for the movement,” even with a successful event this weekend.

“People are going to want to see what comes out of this weekend long term — is it a flash in the pan or is it something longer term?” said Erickson. “Part of the problem is that he didn’t hold onto the 9.12 stuff and it’s kind of descended into competing factions and chaos. He is going to have to be careful, I think, to make sure that he perpetuates this in some way or it’s going to start becoming a punch line.”

Meanwhile, at least one tea party group rejected Beck’s entreaties to assist with the march, concluding he was offering little in return for its organizational know-how and credibility, while giving preferential treatment to FreedomWorks, which is paying to sponsor Beck’s radio show. The group’s leader, who requested anonymity to avoid antagonizing Beck, said, “All he’s doing is trying to use us to promote himself.”

Is 'Beckapalooza' about cause or Glenn Beck? - Kenneth P. Vogel and Giovanni Russonello - POLITICO.com

Forum List

Back