It's a CONSPIRACY!

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Okay, I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I'm really beginning to wonder: Is there some kind of collusion going on between Microsoft and the PC repair/consultant industry?

This idea hit me when I got some absolutely indecipherable error message while connecting a new PC to our printer network at the office. It said something like "Cannot complete connection, Error 285645585" or whatever.

What the fuck. How am I supposed to know what that means? Why can't it just say:

"Okay dumbass, I can't complete the connection, you're screwing this up, here's a list of five things to check before you throw the fucking PC out the fucking window".

Something like that. Don't give me some vague error message, just tell me what to do. Microsoft has billions in cash, I've seen your balance sheet, you're telling me there is no one there who can make this a bit easier?

I think it's a conspiracy to keep the PC repair industry afloat.

c36aa6221d5bfe47b66e083e823d0796bfeb24423ee3ee8915b43d04a1f3edfe.jpg

Try cutting and pasting that error message into Google.

You won't be the first to have encountered that problem and if anyone has figured out what it means and how to fix it they will have posted it somewhere.

So that is your first option.

Yes, you are right that MS should have way better error messages and trouble shooting than they actually do. Unfortunately the industry norm is abysmally low in that regard.

Try cutting and pasting that error message into Google.

You won't be the first to have encountered that problem and if anyone has figured out what it means and how to fix it they will have posted it somewhere.

So that is your first option.

Yes, you are right that MS should have way better error messages and trouble shooting than they actually do. Unfortunately the industry norm is abysmally low in that regard.
Holy crap, good idea.

Forum List

Back