It is more than Biden's age

i'm ok but i still have concern for those who are struggling .
You personally know them, or is that like a general statement? What is it like in your local? Sure, I've traveled a lot this fall, but I just didn't travel to anywhere that looked like a depressed area. Sure, it is always fairly opulent where we vacation in Florida or where I ski in Colorado, but I have been in the Ozarks in years past where it looked depressed and me people that could have been stand-ins, in the movie "Deliverance". Not so, this time. The hill people seemed to be doing OK. The boats of the trout guides were downright impressive and expensive compared to a few years ago. It used to be easy getting campsites in those state parks. If going, you better be calling ahead in the A.M. if you expect to find sites not occupied by a huge Winnebago in the PM. I am just not sure most people are suffering or if you are just generalizing for political cup rattling.

You personally know them, or is that like a general statement? What is it like in your local? Sure, I've traveled a lot this fall, but I just didn't travel to anywhere that looked like a depressed area. Sure, it is always fairly opulent where we vacation in Florida or where I ski in Colorado, but I have been in the Ozarks in years past where it looked depressed and me people that could have been stand-ins, in the movie "Deliverance". Not so, this time. The hill people seemed to be doing OK. The boats of the trout guides were downright impressive and expensive compared to a few years ago. It used to be easy getting campsites in those state parks. If going, you better be calling ahead in the A.M. if you expect to find sites not occupied by a huge Winnebago in the PM. I am just not sure most people are suffering or if you are just generalizing for political cup rattling.
pall if you dont believe sky high food and fuel prices are hurting people theres nothing i can tell you to change your mind .

pall if you dont believe sky high food and fuel prices are hurting people theres nothing i can tell you to change your mind .
Do you not believe that on average wage growth has outstripped inflation for months?
Do you not believe the oil industry figures, setting records for highest oil production for the last few months, than Trump had for any month during his presidency. He only came close for about a month.
The numbers are the numbers. Of you have a source with different numbers, post them. I don't mind. What may really make you sick, is the numbers are expected to improve during the upcoming election year. I guess we will see about that, and if the Fed can deal with inflation caused by the mostly free money dumped into the system by the Biden administration and the Trump administration.

Do you not believe that on average wage growth has outstripped inflation for months?
Do you not believe the oil industry figures, setting records for highest oil production for the last few months, than Trump had for any month during his presidency. He only came close for about a month.
The numbers are the numbers. Of you have a source with different numbers, post them. I don't mind. What may really make you sick, is the numbers are expected to improve during the upcoming election year. I guess we will see about that, and if the Fed can deal with inflation caused by the mostly free money dumped into the system by the Biden administration and the Trump administration.
average wage growth has not come close to the cost of living increases thats occurred in the past 3 yrs .

average wage growth has not come close to the cost of living increases thats occurred in the past 3 yrs .
Looks like it went up with starting in May/June of 2020 with the free Trump money and then Biden money pored into the bottom to get past the pandemic, and then peaked within a year and a half, in July of 22 and the dropped sharply in 7 months while wages growth exceeded ever since. What economic textbook would not predict this this inflation, as business raised prices to take advantage of cheap money in the economy, as that money returned toward the top? Not a one I ever read. If wages had remained stagnant at 2020 levels as they were mostly stagnant during the Trump years, and the economy was not posting higher growth and record GDP, I would be inclined to agree, as I lived and worked through the Carter and first three years of Reagan. Employment was shitty, the inflation was higher, interest rates higher and it was an excellent time to go into the military. Now, the military has to compete hard to get recruits that can (in most cases) easily make better money in the free economy.

1699936802070.png

Looks like it went up with starting in May/June of 2020 with the free Trump money and then Biden money pored into the bottom to get past the pandemic, and then peaked within a year and a half, in July of 22 and the dropped sharply in 7 months while wages growth exceeded ever since. What economic textbook would not predict this this inflation, as business raised prices to take advantage of cheap money in the economy, as that money returned toward the top? Not a one I ever read. If wages had remained stagnant at 2020 levels as they were mostly stagnant during the Trump years, and the economy was not posting higher growth and record GDP, I would be inclined to agree, as I lived and worked through the Carter and first three years of Reagan. Employment was shitty, the inflation was higher, interest rates higher and it was an excellent time to go into the military. Now, the military has to compete hard to get recruits that can (in most cases) easily make better money in the free economy.

View attachment 858284
prices are still high ... they aint dropping ... they're just slowing down a little on rising .. weve had 20 yrs worth of inflation in the past 3 yrs .

prices are still high ... they aint dropping ... they're just slowing down a little on rising .. weve had 20 yrs worth of inflation in the past 3 yrs .
I guess it's a good thing wages have stayed ahead of the rate throughout 2023.

What is it you do for a living? If the economy sucks where you are, you should move. It's going pretty good down here. On of my sons lives in Middle TN, its good there. I just got back from Florida. Economy was doing well at Cape San Blas. Even the Ozark tourist industry was doing great and that was early October, with the campgrounds full of $100,000 to $200,000 motor homes and campers. The Mountain Home Walmart parking lot looked like a luxury SUV and BMW convention was going on. No kidding, if the economy sucks where you are, you should get mobile and move. There are jobs and opportunity out there if worth a crap.
Yes the the "haves" are doing fine. The problem is the "have nots" are growing in number and are struggling more than ever.

David Axelrod, the man who helped mastermind Barack Obama's 2008 run to the White House, now says President Joe Biden's age is a huge issue for Democrats and one with no apparent solution.
It comes after Biden, 80, suffered an embarrassing moment of confusion at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier as he stumbled through a Veterans Day service.
While he didn't reference it on Sunday, Axelrod - who served as chief strategist of Obama's two campaigns for the White House - said that Biden's age is becoming a problem as he hammered the president for the second time in a week.
'I think that there is one issue that is hanging over him,' Axelrod told Dana Bash of CNN in a conversation with ex-Maryland Republican Governor Larry Hogan.
'I think with Donald Trump on the other end, he could still win this election.
But the age issue is difficult.'

Comment.
It is a lot more than Biden's age.
The Democrats have a Bidenomics problem.
They have a hate and racism problem.
They have far Left fringe culture problem.
And they have an incredible corruption problem.
Axelrod is a notorious Democrat Hatemonger.
He fans the flames of racial tensions on purpose to divide Americans.
And this problem: There are 81 year olds who are quite lucid and fit for duty. Biden's body is frail and his brain is turning into warm jello.

Yes the the "haves" are doing fine. The problem is the "have nots" are growing in number and are struggling more than ever.
Did the have-nots have to get their homework every night, respect their teacher, help with major chores and projects around the house, growing up in two parent married nuclear families? Or did they grow up really responsible for nothing, nothing expected out of them? Or did they grow up really responsible for nothing, nothing expected out of them, given game systems to keep them occupied inside or allowed to run with whatever trash was on the block on their street? And in and out of trouble with the law they were taught not to trust or respect? Did they give themselves a fair start by not getting knocked up as a young teen or knocking some young girl up at an age when neither could provide? That mistake often guarantees another single parent (usually a struggling young girl) family, while baby daddy moved on? People's lives are typically made by the decisions they make, while too stupid, undisciplined, uneducated, and lacking in experience to know what they are doing to themselves, their futures and the futures of their offspring. Many times, their values are shaped by the poor values of the parents.

Did the have-nots have to get their homework every night, respect their teacher, help with major chores and projects around the house, growing up in two parent married nuclear families? Or did they grow up really responsible for nothing, nothing expected out of them? Or did they grow up really responsible for nothing, nothing expected out of them, given game systems to keep them occupied inside or allowed to run with whatever trash was on the block on their street? And in and out of trouble with the law they were taught not to trust or respect? Did they give themselves a fair start by not getting knocked up as a young teen or knocking some young girl up at an age when neither could provide? That mistake often guarantees another single parent (usually a struggling young girl) family, while baby daddy moved on? People's lives are typically made by the decisions they make, while too stupid, undisciplined, uneducated, and lacking in experience to know what they are doing to themselves, their futures and the futures of their offspring. Many times, their values are shaped by the poor values of the parents.
all that said, should it not be easy for a single mother to live a big fat life, and why is it that she can not?

all that said, should it not be easy for a single mother to live a big fat life, and why is it that she can not?
It just does not seem to work out well for the kid, most of the time. Many turn out like sh#t, raised in the street.

I would argue, that despite any mistake anybody makes, to live in a decent home should be the easiest thing in life. Why is it not!
Shoot, that's simple. Creating, maintaining, and raising kids based moral standards, by setting the example and insisting children are controlled and observing those standards is hard work, even harder attempted by one parent, while that one parent works to provide a basic living. Even with two parents it requires a level of long term commitment to hard work and constant reinforcement, especially in an urban environment of high population density. These days, people can't even maintain their commitment to honor marriage vows before God, if vows are even taken.

It is simple, but it is sad.

Shoot, that's simple. Creating, maintaining, and raising kids based moral standards, by setting the example and insisting children are controlled and observing those standards is hard work, even harder attempted by one parent, while that one parent works to provide a basic living. Even with two parents it requires a level of long term commitment to hard work and constant reinforcement, especially in an urban environment of high population density. These days, people can't even maintain their commitment to honor marriage vows before God, if vows are even taken.

It is simple, but it is sad.
you missed my point, or maybe I did not state it correctly as well

providing shelter, a place to live for myself, or for a pregnant woman should be the easiest thing in life. It should not take 30 years to pay for a home.

It should be easy to pay for Shelter, Rice, Beans, and Potatoes. As well as simple clothes for working in.

you missed my point, or maybe I did not state it correctly as well

providing shelter, a place to live for myself, or for a pregnant woman should be the easiest thing in life. It should not take 30 years to pay for a home.

It should be easy to pay for Shelter, Rice, Beans, and Potatoes. As well as simple clothes for working in.
And, exactly how would you do that? Are you talking price controls?

I did a 30-year note on my home, refinanced twice to lower interest rates, as the going rate was 10.5% fixed, even with my good credit rating at the time. I could have gotten shorter terms, but the monthly would have been a bigger strain. So, what is it, you would change?

And, exactly how would you do that? Are you talking price controls?

I did a 30-year note on my home, refinanced twice to lower interest rates, as the going rate was 10.5% fixed, even with my good credit rating at the time. I could have gotten shorter terms, but the monthly would have been a bigger strain. So, what is it, you would change?
change building codes in the big cities
make energy cheap
cheap energy means cheap lumber and steel

the government is driving up the cost, too much tax, too much rules and regulations allowing the government to interfere.

it must be done, a simple home, should be the easiest purchase a high school graduate makes

you see no way that the government can create a housing market that is cheap?

of course when you got this think called property taxes based on the cost of a home, what is the incentive for government to get out of the way

change building codes in the big cities
make energy cheap
cheap energy means cheap lumber and steel

the government is driving up the cost, too much tax, too much rules and regulations allowing the government to interfere.

it must be done, a simple home, should be the easiest purchase a high school graduate makes

you see no way that the government can create a housing market that is cheap?

of course when you got this think called property taxes based on the cost of a home, what is the incentive for government to get out of the way
Which codes would you like to see changed? I have seen houses not built to code collapse during construction, and we have seen buildings and even malls fail structurally due to construction code violations.

What is your plan to make energy cheaper? We at the highest production in the country's history of petroleum. More wind energy than ever is being harvested, one state getting 40% plus.

I kayaked a crisp clean fast flowing healthy mountain stream on the edge of our state, flowing from another state that had a paper mill dumping huge quantities of dioxin and particulates. The stream flowed into TN, poisoning the river, killing all fish and the water poisoning the wildlife along the way. Government regulation had the pollution stopped by the company and the river cleaned up. Now it flows clean, the trout are back and health and now discolored deadly stain is gone, the river now a recreation and tourist attraction, as well as supplying hydroelectric power. It cost a lot of that company's money and a lot of tax dollars, but proved to be worth it.

That simplest purchase is often the most expensive many buyers will ever make. If banks do not exercise caution in lending, they could end up sitting on a lot of worthless paper, causing another financial crises, just like 2008-2009 if the Bush crash.

Forum List

Back