It is absurd to use the word "REASON" to describe Atheism.

Matter is made up of energy, so has energy always existed?

Are you beginning to see how I am right and you are wrong ?
I have already told you 3 times that energy has always existed and will always exist in the exact same quantity because energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

Are you beginning to see how proven wrong you are??????

I already responded to Si modo on this point but if you want to admit God is that energy that has always existed I am all in.
I have no problem with an impersonal god of energy, or even the bible trying to teach the concept of energy by giving god three persons, the father - kinetic energy, the son - potential energy, and the holy ghost - heat. What I do have a problem with is giving energy/god a human personality with a mind of its own like you do.

Take a sledge hammer and throw it up in the air over your head and don't move I dare you. And then tell me gravity isn't a law.

Why did astronauts have those special suits on if gravity don't exist.

Things fall. That is an observation. On earth they fall at a rate of approx 32 fps^2 Newton's law is F=G(m1m2/r^2) That is a "law" because as far as Newton could tell, it was always true. But note that it's just a mathematical observation of WHAT happens, not WHY. The cause could be invisible elves pushing everything down and the law would still be true. Except of course that Einstein showed it's not always true.

The THEORY of gravity is WHY and HOW things are attracted to each other. That is not well understood. The why and how of observed changes in species is much better understood.

"Things fall" is NOT proof of the THEORY of gravity. It doesn't prove the ideas of WHY things fall.

Hi pinqy,long time no talk.

What keeps the moon in orbit around the earth ?

Gravity from the sun reaches throughout the solar system and beyond, keeping the planets in their orbits including the Earth is this just a coincedence ?

Look let's face it, we are down to a philisophical argument. If you don't say energy and matter have always existed you would have no engine to cause the Big Bang, putting your theory in doubt and you would be forced into admitting there was an outside source that created energy and matter that created the universe and eventually life and all that we see.

You have zero evidence energy and matter are eternal. All you have is an opinion and a convenient opinion to support your theory.
As you have been told repeatedly, that fact has been proven with a repeatable experiment by James Prescott Joule. You probably have a surge protector rated in joules, a unit of work named after him in honor of that great achievement.

He did no such of a thing,but it is ironic that you would quote a creationist.
Of course he did, you are just a revisionist.

Take a sledge hammer and throw it up in the air over your head and don't move I dare you. And then tell me gravity isn't a law.

Things fall. That is an observation. On earth they fall at a rate of approx 32 fps^2 Newton's law is F=G(m1m2/r^2) That is a "law" because as far as Newton could tell, it was always true. But note that it's just a mathematical observation of WHAT happens, not WHY. The cause could be invisible elves pushing everything down and the law would still be true. Except of course that Einstein showed it's not always true.

The THEORY of gravity is WHY and HOW things are attracted to each other. That is not well understood. The why and how of observed changes in species is much better understood.

"Things fall" is NOT proof of the THEORY of gravity. It doesn't prove the ideas of WHY things fall.

Gravity from the sun reaches throughout the solar system and beyond, keeping the planets in their orbits including the Earth is this just a coincedence ?
The moon is slowly drifting away from the Earth.

I have already told you 3 times that energy has always existed and will always exist in the exact same quantity because energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

Are you beginning to see how proven wrong you are??????

I already responded to Si modo on this point but if you want to admit God is that energy that has always existed I am all in.
I have no problem with an impersonal god of energy, or even the bible trying to teach the concept of energy by giving god three persons, the father - kinetic energy, the son - potential energy, and the holy ghost - heat. What I do have a problem with is giving energy/god a human personality with a mind of its own like you do.

Wow, You are saying that you know more than the power that created you. There is a word for that. It's called hubris.

Nope, gravity is just a theory. The Moon Goddess Artemis is directly controlling the moon and its orbit around the Earth. Your turn to "prove" that it's Gravity and not Divine Intervention.

Energy is created by movement ,what caused movement ?
You have it ass backwards!
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Movement is caused by energy, just as God was created by man.

Wow, You are saying that you know more than the power that created you. There is a word for that. It's called hubris.

Are you claiming that Zeus, Odin, Mithras etc are all real and not invented by men?

I can point to dozens of fantasy novels where the authors have invented whole pantheons of gods....so how can you claim that's hubris?

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Movement is caused by energy, just as God was created by man.

Don't have it backwards, you are correct that movement can be caused by a release of energy. But can energy build up without movement ? Because movement creates energy.

There is no explanation how energy can be created so it is assumed that energy and matter are constant.

This is evidence of entorpy. So what is your point ? If the sun or moon was not in the position they were in a several thousand years ago it would have affected the origins of life. So if the earth is 4.5 billion years old what would be the distance of the movement of the moon from the earth in that amount of time ?

Now figure it if the earth was only 6,000 to 12,000 years old and look at the difference. That means the distance from the moon and earth could have affected life beginning 3.8 billion years ago according to your theory.

Don't have it backwards, you are correct that movement can be caused by a release of energy. But can energy build up without movement ? Because movement creates energy.

There is no explanation how energy can be created so it is assumed that energy and matter are constant.

No. You do have it backwards. One of the immutable rules of physics is that energy can be neither created nor destroyed. It only changes form.

Nope, gravity is just a theory. The Moon Goddess Artemis is directly controlling the moon and its orbit around the Earth. Your turn to "prove" that it's Gravity and not Divine Intervention.

Ah good point pinqy.

But gravity is reality and I believe all of the science community believes gravity is what keeps planets in their position.

Last edited:

This is evidence of entorpy. So what is your point ? If the sun or moon was not in the position they were in a several thousand years ago it would have affected the origins of life. So if the earth is 4.5 billion years old what would be the distance of the movement of the moon from the earth in that amount of time ?

Now figure it if the earth was only 6,000 to 12,000 years old and look at the difference. That means the distance from the moon and earth could have affected life beginning 3.8 billion years ago according to your theory.

The word is entropy.And no, that isn't what is being exemplified...

Definition of ENTROPY
: a measure of the unavailable energy in a closed thermodynamic system that is also usually considered to be a measure of the system's disorder and that is a property of the system's state and is related to it in such a manner that a reversible change in heat in the system produces a change in the measure which varies directly with the heat change and inversely with the absolute temperature at which the change takes place; broadly : the degree of disorder or uncertainty in a system

Entropy - Medical Definition and More from Merriam-Webster

No. You do have it backwards. One of the immutable rules of physics is that energy can be neither created nor destroyed. It only changes form.

Please forgive me but I don't agree with your assumption. You know I don't believe in Macroevolution either or the many dating methods that are used.

The word is entropy.And no, that isn't what is being exemplified...

Definition of ENTROPY
: a measure of the unavailable energy in a closed thermodynamic system that is also usually considered to be a measure of the system's disorder and that is a property of the system's state and is related to it in such a manner that a reversible change in heat in the system produces a change in the measure which varies directly with the heat change and inversely with the absolute temperature at which the change takes place; broadly : the degree of disorder or uncertainty in a system

Entropy - Medical Definition and More from Merriam-Webster

Sorry for the typo.everything suffers from entropy.

Please forgive me but I don't agree with your assumption. You know I don't believe in Macroevolution either or the many dating methods that are used.

It's not that I forgive or don't forgive. But these things aren't really up for discussion.

Your ignorance is duly noted.

Ah good point pinqy.

But gravity is reality and I believe all of the science community believes gravity is what keeps planets in their position.

Who cares what the science community says? My god and savior Artemis came to me last night in a dream and said she's controlling the moon and it's orbit.

Prove it wrong.

Ah good point pinqy.

Ditto evolution..it's reality and all the scientific community believes that species change over time.

The only difference is you believe it conflicts with your religious beliefs.

Forum List

Back