It is absurd to use the word "REASON" to describe Atheism.

Exactly, The universe IS a closed system and the entropy of the universe is constantly increasing. Everything as a whole is becoming more dispersed, random and equalized.
Then how do you explain the distant universe speeding up? If entropy is constantly increasing the universe should be constantly slowing down!

You explain it since you believe in the big bang. Do i sense a contradiction in your reasoning ?

The universe can only go so far why ?

Because the energy of the bang is expended. Then it begins to contact, until it reaches a certain density. Then it explodes again. Over and over and over and over and over.....

A magic man made us out of dust to look just lie him. He watches over us every day and does bad things to us if we displease him........seems reasonable to me

Oh, I see. Your Grandpa was a monkey? Or a rock? Or some primodial soup? :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfESdJ0wVIg&feature=relmfu]VenomFangX - Evolution Wants to Make a Monkey Out of You part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Your Grandpa was dust? Or was it clay?

Where do you think life origionated from :lol:

It makes me very frustrated when activists hijack the word “reason” to describe the belief that there is definitely no higher power and that everything they we see around us is the the product of random chance.

The theories of evolution and big bang are just “theories”. Evolution is based on random mutations. The big bang theory does not explain how the ingredients for the big bang were created. Did something come from nothing? Did life arise from inanimate objects by chance and it can’t be duplicated on purpose in a laboratory? These theories seem silly to me.

There are many, many theories about how God created the universe and life aside from the satirical theory that you mention. But my main belief is that God knows things that we are not capable of understanding.

Did you know that if a monkey sat at a typewriter for the entire life of the universe (about 14 billion years) and typed random letters continuously, he would never write a novel by random chance. IMHO it is unreasonable to conclude that the trillions of cells in our body that make up complicated organs that all work together came to be from random mutations over a period of several hundred million years. Although we witness many species going extinct, no one has ever witnessed the creation of a new species. The only thing scientists have observed are mutations within a species.

IMHO the most reasonable theory is that a power beyond our understanding created all that we see.

Did you know you think like a monkey?

There are theories and then there are theories. :eusa_whistle:

Science versus Religious texts? hmmmm, which way to go? :eusa_shhh:

It makes me very frustrated when activists hijack the word “reason” to describe the belief that there is definitely no higher power and that everything they we see around us is the the product of random chance.

The theories of evolution and big bang are just “theories”. Evolution is based on random mutations. The big bang theory does not explain how the ingredients for the big bang were created. Did something come from nothing? Did life arise from inanimate objects by chance and it can’t be duplicated on purpose in a laboratory? These theories seem silly to me.

There are many, many theories about how God created the universe and life aside from the satirical theory that you mention. But my main belief is that God knows things that we are not capable of understanding.

Did you know that if a monkey sat at a typewriter for the entire life of the universe (about 14 billion years) and typed random letters continuously, he would never write a novel by random chance. IMHO it is unreasonable to conclude that the trillions of cells in our body that make up complicated organs that all work together came to be from random mutations over a period of several hundred million years. Although we witness many species going extinct, no one has ever witnessed the creation of a new species. The only thing scientists have observed are mutations within a species.

IMHO the most reasonable theory is that a power beyond our understanding created all that we see.

obviously someone who's an atheist thinks it's you who are unreasonable.

you really shouldn't care what other people believe if they aren't hurting anyone.

It is our obligation as believers to try and open the eyes of the blind.

It is bizarre to see religious nut bags use the word absurd in any context whatsoever. However, when they use the word "REASON" it must anger their god. Everyone knows god needs no reason. It's in the religious texts.

Then how do you explain the distant universe speeding up? If entropy is constantly increasing the universe should be constantly slowing down!

You explain it since you believe in the big bang. Do i sense a contradiction in your reasoning ?

The universe can only go so far why ?

Because the energy of the bang is expended. Then it begins to contact, until it reaches a certain density. Then it explodes again. Over and over and over and over and over.....

How would you prove that ? My exp with guns proves that gravity eventually slows the bullet until it drops to the ground.

Did you know you think like a monkey?

There are theories and then there are theories. :eusa_whistle:

Science versus Religious texts? hmmmm, which way to go? :eusa_shhh:

Point out your science that contradicts what the scriptures say ?

A magic man made us out of dust to look just lie him. He watches over us every day and does bad things to us if we displease him........seems reasonable to me

Oh, I see. Your Grandpa was a monkey? Or a rock? Or some primodial soup? :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfESdJ0wVIg&feature=relmfu]VenomFangX - Evolution Wants to Make a Monkey Out of You part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Weak. A REALLY weak argument.

It's one thing to suggest an omnipotent entity started the process of life. There, your opponent has no hard evidence to refute your claim, only his estimation of the likelihood of such an entity. However, it's quite another thing to say evolution does not happen, overwhelming evidence to contrary. It just makes you look silly frankly.

They think god wants them to look silly, as science is somehow testing their faith. A fundamentalist thinks looking stupid, is pleasing god, so don't expect anything to change.

Belief that there is definitely no higher power is not atheism.

The theories of evolution and big bang are just “theories”.
So is the theory of gravity. Now go jump off a building.

It is the theory of relativity.
The theory of relativity is the relationship of energy to matter not time, e=mc2.
But thank you for proving you understand nothing about science and are just throwing around terms that are completely meaningless to you.

Wrong again.

The suggestion of space and matter and time cannot exist singularly. In other words, they are one. We usually choose to see them separately, but the fact that we can recognise them as one, proves that they are, RELATIVITY.
Again, time exists only in terms of motion. Time does not exist if the existing matter is not in motion.

:clap:

true. I always argue that. Religious kooks refuse to believe the truth.

:eek:

The theory of relativity is the relationship of energy to matter not time, e=mc2.
But thank you for proving you understand nothing about science and are just throwing around terms that are completely meaningless to you.

Wrong again.

The suggestion of space and matter and time cannot exist singularly. In other words, they are one. We usually choose to see them separately, but the fact that we can recognise them as one, proves that they are, RELATIVITY.
Again, time exists only in terms of motion. Time does not exist if the existing matter is not in motion.

Has matter always existed ?

Wrong again.

Matter is made up of energy, so has energy always existed?

Are you beginning to see how I am right and you are wrong ?

Wrong again.

Let me give you an example.

This is how it was explained to me, matter and energy are waves on the surface of a pond. The pond is space time. Can the waves exist without the pond?

Nothing is wrong with me but if you can't show trait changes from mutations your theory is dead in the water. If you can how do you know the trait did not already exist in the gene pool ? That is a perfectly reasonable request.
To the bolded, no it is not.

If you had a better grasp on what a scientific theory is, you would know that.

To the underlined, no one knows as PROVING A NEGATIVE IS ILLOGICAL.

Please don't go there because I disagree with you.

I go there because those are definitions and facts; but OK, I won't go to where facts and definitions bother you.

I go there because those are definitions and facts; but OK, I won't go to where facts and definitions bother you.

How was my question a negative ? To me that is just a copout instead addressing the issue.

:clap:

true. I always argue that. Religious kooks refuse to believe the truth.

:eek:

Gravity is a scientific "LAW"

Evolution is a scientific "THEORY"

Mutations in flies I never saw a change in traits. The only trait change that was observed was from crossbreeding flies.

Forum List

Back