It is absurd to use the word "REASON" to describe Atheism.

garyganu

May 4, 2012
It makes me very frustrated when activists hijack the word “reason” to describe the belief that there is definitely no higher power and that everything they we see around us is the the product of random chance.

The theories of evolution and big bang are just “theories”. Evolution is based on random mutations. The big bang theory does not explain how the ingredients for the big bang were created. Did something come from nothing? Did life arise from inanimate objects by chance and it can’t be duplicated on purpose in a laboratory? These theories seem silly to me.

There are many, many theories about how God created the universe and life aside from the satirical theory that you mention. But my main belief is that God knows things that we are not capable of understanding.

Did you know that if a monkey sat at a typewriter for the entire life of the universe (about 14 billion years) and typed random letters continuously, he would never write a novel by random chance. IMHO it is unreasonable to conclude that the trillions of cells in our body that make up complicated organs that all work together came to be from random mutations over a period of several hundred million years. Although we witness many species going extinct, no one has ever witnessed the creation of a new species. The only thing scientists have observed are mutations within a species.

IMHO the most reasonable theory is that a power beyond our understanding created all that we see.

Last edited:
It makes me very frustrated when activists hijack the word “reason” to describe the belief that there is definitely no higher power and that everything they we see around us is the the product of random chance.

The theories of evolution and big bang are just “theories”. Evolution is based on random mutations. The big bang theory does not explain how the ingredients for the big bang were created. Did something come from nothing? Did life arise from inanimate objects by chance and it can’t be duplicated on purpose in a laboratory? These theories seem silly to me.

There are many, many theories about how God created the universe and life aside from the satirical theory that you mention. But my main belief is that God knows things that we are not capable of understanding.

Did you know that if a monkey sat at a typewriter for the entire life of the universe (about 14 billion years) and typed random letters continuously, he would never write a novel by random chance. IMHO it is unreasonable to conclude that the trillions of cells in our body that make up complicated organs that all work together came to be from random mutations over a period of several hundred million years. Although we witness many species going extinct, no one has ever witnessed the creation of a new species. The only thing scientists have observed are mutations within a species.

IMHO the most reasonable theory is that a power beyond our understanding created all that we see.

If you want to believe that God waved his hand and everything came into existence, then do so. But to claim that this is using "reason" is nonsense.

The current scientific theories are the best answers we have, and they use reason to accomplish these theories.

One point, concerning your complain about the Big Bang, science has never claimed that there was ever a time when nothing existed. The Big Bang was an explosion of existing matter. Why must there be a "before matter existed"? You are putting limitations in that are not based on any factual information.

If you want to believe that God waved his hand and everything came into existence, then do so. But to claim that this is using "reason" is nonsense.

The current scientific theories are the best answers we have, and they use reason to accomplish these theories.

One point, concerning your complain about the Big Bang, science has never claimed that there was ever a time when nothing existed. The Big Bang was an explosion of existing matter. Why must there be a "before matter existed"? You are putting limitations in that are not based on any factual information.

WinterBorn. Human beings understand a tiny fraction of the knowledge of the universe. Would you agree that human knowledge comprises less than .0000000000000000001% of all the facts about the universe and the life in it?

Do you think that it is unreasonable to believe that everything that we see around us was created by a power greater than ourselves who has understanding beyond our comprehension? Is it possible that this higher power set evolution in play and initiated the big bang?

Part of what I am saying is that God and evolution and the big bang are not necessarily mutually exclusive. No one knows. I am also saying that it is very "cocky" to rule out the possibility that God exists.

Last edited:
A magic man made us out of dust to look just lie him. He watches over us every day and does bad things to us if we displease him........seems reasonable to me

(Atheists)...hijack the word “reason” to describe the belief that there is definitely no higher power...

By your own reasoning then, Agnostics can and should use the word reason to describe their skepticism of a higher power. After all, all that we see evolves from the simple to the complex. It would therefore stand against reason that a hyper-evolved entity created life.

evolution is just a theory. hmmm. just like gravity. evolution is a theory. a theory is tying together laws and evidence to come to the most logical theory possible. whatever makes you religious, (your refusal to cope with your mortality, your extreme stubbornness to ever doubt the obvious absurdity of religion or just plain stupidity and lack of reasoning), well it doesnt really matter, because its all a load of bull. good day.

(Atheists)...hijack the word “reason” to describe the belief that there is definitely no higher power...

After all, all that we see evolves from the simple to the complex. It would therefore stand against reason that a hyper-evolved entity created life.

Your statement is exactly backwards. The law of "entropy" states that everything devolves into a more random state over time. This is why everything that humanity ever built will eventually deteriorate. Even the sun and the earth are eroding and devolving into a simpler state.

evolution is just a theory. hmmm. just like gravity. evolution is a theory. a theory is tying together laws and evidence to come to the most logical theory possible. whatever makes you religious, (your refusal to cope with your mortality, your extreme stubbornness to ever doubt the obvious absurdity of religion or just plain stupidity and lack of reasoning), well it doesnt really matter, because its all a load of bull. good day.

Can you document your claim that the theory of evolution has been proven?

Gravity is a scientific law. Evolution is a scientific theory. This is the terminology that the scientists use.

Last edited:

Gravity is a scientific law. Evolution is a scientific theory. This is the terminology that the scientists use.

Evolution is a fact.......God is a theory

That answers my question. You can not document your claim that the theory of evolution has been proven.

That answers my question. You can not document your claim that the theory of evolution has been proven.

I like how some people can just randomly claim that there is a god and one set religion that is "the truth", despite that the human race started possibly trillions of years after this universe was created of however everything started.

Where did the higher being ('God', if you will) come from?

The concept that evolution occurs is a fact. The only theories involve how the process occurs. The fact that evolution occurs is supported by fossil, geologic and now, most importantly, DNA evidence

Sadly, there is no such evidence that God exists

The concept that evolution occurs is a fact. The only theories involve how the process occurs. The fact that evolution occurs is supported by fossil, geologic and now, most importantly, DNA evidence

Please document your claim that evolution is a fact. Please link to a reputable scientific source. I have never heard this claim before and I would like to learn.

Just as "god" is only a theory...or wishful thinking, you cannot prove the "existence" of a "god"

Therefor it is also absurd to use the word "REASON" to describe "god".

Last edited:

Please document your claim that evolution is a fact. Please link to a reputable scientific source. I have never heard this claim before and I would like to learn.

Sorry....not playing with trolls tonight

Evidence of evolution is overwhelming and conclusive.

Evidence of god is based on faith

Can you document that your claim "god" exists...and that "it" created the universe?

There is no proof that a god exists; there is no proof that a god does not exist.

Thus, a personal conviction either way - there is a god or there is not - is nothing but a belief, by definition of a belief (an idea or thought not susceptible to proof).

Reason is the process of using logic to think and/or understand. Logic involves support or proof.

So, I always chuckle at those who proselytize atheism (or faith) using reason.

It's like trying to turn a screw with a ball peen hammer - the wrong tool for the job.

Forum List

Back