It is absurd to use the word "REASON" to describe Atheism.

I think it's absurd to use the word reason in reference to human behavior. We aren't reasonable or rational human beings.

I think it's absurd to use the word reason in reference to human behavior. We aren't reasonable or rational human beings.

That is correct when opinions and emotions get involved. But that said some have the ability to think rationally when we really want the facts.

Wrong again.

The suggestion of space and matter and time cannot exist singularly. In other words, they are one. We usually choose to see them separately, but the fact that we can recognise them as one, proves that they are, RELATIVITY.
Again, time exists only in terms of motion. Time does not exist if the existing matter is not in motion.

Matter is made up of energy, so has energy always existed?

Are you beginning to see how I am right and you are wrong ?
I have already told you 3 times that energy has always existed and will always exist in the exact same quantity because energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

Are you beginning to see how proven wrong you are??????

Belief that there is definitely no higher power is not atheism.
:clap:

true. I always argue that. Religious kooks refuse to believe the truth.

So is the theory of gravity. Now go jump off a building.

:eek:

Gravity is a scientific "LAW"

Evolution is a scientific "THEORY"

I didn't call gravity a law. I liked the post. but you may want to think twice about assuming you're smaht

Modern physics describes gravitation using the general theory of relativity by Einstein... wikipedia

The simpler Newton's law of universal gravitation provides an accurate approximation for most physical situations...wikipedia

It makes me very frustrated when activists hijack the word “reason” to describe the belief that there is definitely no higher power and that everything they we see around us is the the product of random chance.

The theories of evolution and big bang are just “theories”. Evolution is based on random mutations. The big bang theory does not explain how the ingredients for the big bang were created. Did something come from nothing? Did life arise from inanimate objects by chance and it can’t be duplicated on purpose in a laboratory? These theories seem silly to me.

There are many, many theories about how God created the universe and life aside from the satirical theory that you mention. But my main belief is that God knows things that we are not capable of understanding.

Did you know that if a monkey sat at a typewriter for the entire life of the universe (about 14 billion years) and typed random letters continuously, he would never write a novel by random chance. IMHO it is unreasonable to conclude that the trillions of cells in our body that make up complicated organs that all work together came to be from random mutations over a period of several hundred million years. Although we witness many species going extinct, no one has ever witnessed the creation of a new species. The only thing scientists have observed are mutations within a species.

IMHO the most reasonable theory is that a power beyond our understanding created all that we see.

Did you know you think like a monkey?

There are theories and then there are theories. :eusa_whistle:

Science versus Religious texts? hmmmm, which way to go? :eusa_shhh:

Point out your science that contradicts what the scriptures say ?
Genesis pure fairy tale.
Planets are formed over a long period of time. Maybe god has a different standard of time?

EGT? early god time? :laugh2:

Again, time exists only in terms of motion. Time does not exist if the existing matter is not in motion.

I have already told you 3 times that energy has always existed and will always exist in the exact same quantity because energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

If energy has no beginning how does it get built up ? When you watch a storm form how can you say energy has no beginning ?

It's not hard to point out your flawed thinking.

Last edited:

Genesis pure fairy tale.
Planets are formed over a long period of time. Maybe god has a different standard of time?

So you have evidence to show creation never happened ?

No one knows for sure how old the universe is it's only based on opinion.

Last edited:

I already responded to Si modo on this point but if you want to admit God is that energy that has always existed I am all in.

:clap:

true. I always argue that. Religious kooks refuse to believe the truth.

:eek:

Gravity is a scientific "LAW"

Evolution is a scientific "THEORY"

I didn't call gravity a law. I liked the post. but you may want to think twice about assuming you're smaht

Modern physics describes gravitation using the general theory of relativity by Einstein... wikipedia

The simpler Newton's law of universal gravitation provides an accurate approximation for most physical situations...wikipedia

Take a sledge hammer and throw it up in the air over your head and don't move I dare you. And then tell me gravity isn't a law.

Why did astronauts have those special suits on if gravity don't exist.

Genesis pure fairy tale.

Look at my signature that is the real fairytale. :lol:

Look let's face it, we are down to a philisophical argument. If you don't say energy and matter have always existed you would have no engine to cause the Big Bang, putting your theory in doubt and you would be forced into admitting there was an outside source that created energy and matter that created the universe and eventually life and all that we see.

You have zero evidence energy and matter are eternal. All you have is an opinion and a convenient opinion to support your theory.

Look let's face it, we are down to a philisophical argument. If you don't say energy and matter have always existed you would have no engine to cause the Big Bang, putting your theory in doubt and you would be forced into admitting there was an outside source that created energy and matter that created the universe and eventually life and all that we see.

You have zero evidence energy and matter are eternal. All you have is an opinion and a convenient opinion to support your theory.

My point is that WE DO NOT KNOW. To rule our a higher power is UNREASONABLE.

All of the accumulated knowledge of mankind comprises less than .0000000000001% of all the things to be learned in the universe. Does anyone disagree with this point?

It is absurd to rule out a higher power.

My point is that WE DO NOT KNOW. To rule our a higher power is UNREASONABLE.

All of the accumulated knowledge of mankind comprises less than .0000000000001% of all the things to be learned in the universe. Does anyone disagree with this point?

It is absurd to rule out a higher power.

The other side has a problem admitting how ignorant we all are when it comes to the origins question. Humans are grains of sand on this planet and they think we can answer all the phenomenon's that we witness on a daily basis on this planet and out in the universe. Just simply arrogance that is what it is.

Last edited:

If energy has no beginning how does it get built up ? When you watch a storm form how can you energy has no beginning ?

Again, the fact that energy can neither be created nor destroyed has been proven with a repeatable experiment by James Prescott Joule.

As far as your energy being built up in a storm etc., energy can change form. Energy exists in three main forms, kinetic, potential and heat and the amount of each individual form can build up or decrease but the sum total of all 3 forms is always constant. That means if one form of energy builds up one or both combined of the others must decrease by an equal amount. So when the potential energy of a forming storm builds up, the kinetic energy or heat energy or both combined must decrease by an equal amount. When the storm unleashed its power in the form of kinetic energy its potential energy and heat must decline by an equal amount.

Have automobiles evolved from Model T Fords to to the modern computer controlled cars and trucks of the 21th century?

If anthropologists in the distant future recover artifacts of ancient automobiles from the 20th century, they might conclude that cars evolved from simple to complex over a period of time.

This would be the truth, but it is also true that all automobiles have a "creater", a higher power.

As you have been told repeatedly, that fact has been proven with a repeatable experiment by James Prescott Joule. You probably have a surge protector rated in joules, a unit of work named after him in honor of that great achievement.

If energy has no beginning how does it get built up ? When you watch a storm form how can you energy has no beginning ?

Again, the fact that energy can neither be created nor destroyed has been proven with a repeatable experiment by James Prescott Joule.

As far as your energy being built up in a storm etc., energy can change form. Energy exists in three main forms, kinetic, potential and heat and the amount of each individual form can build up or decrease but the sum total of all 3 forms is always constant. That means if one form of energy builds up one or both combined of the others must decrease by an equal amount. So when the potential energy of a forming storm builds up, the kinetic energy or heat energy or both combined must decrease by an equal amount. When the storm unleashed its power in the form of kinetic energy its potential energy and heat must decline by an equal amount.

Well you are staying true to the theory.

Take a sledge hammer and throw it up in the air over your head and don't move I dare you. And then tell me gravity isn't a law.

Why did astronauts have those special suits on if gravity don't exist.

Things fall. That is an observation. On earth they fall at a rate of approx 32 fps^2 Newton's law is F=G(m1m2/r^2) That is a "law" because as far as Newton could tell, it was always true. But note that it's just a mathematical observation of WHAT happens, not WHY. The cause could be invisible elves pushing everything down and the law would still be true. Except of course that Einstein showed it's not always true.

The THEORY of gravity is WHY and HOW things are attracted to each other. That is not well understood. The why and how of observed changes in species is much better understood.

"Things fall" is NOT proof of the THEORY of gravity. It doesn't prove the ideas of WHY things fall.

As you have been told repeatedly, that fact has been proven with a repeatable experiment by James Prescott Joule. You probably have a surge protector rated in joules, a unit of work named after him in honor of that great achievement.

He did no such of a thing,but it is ironic that you would cite an experiment from a creationist,I thought they were not scientist.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back