Israel Admits Harvesting Organs Without Families' Permission

Dam, between me, BZ and Ms. Califorina we have done such a good job derailing this thread we should call ourselves the Hole in the Thread Gang and start robbing threads here and far.

I want to be Paul Newman.

I'm struggling to figure out why this is our business?

Because it;s Israel. And anything any Israeli has ever done that can somehow be construed as a negative must go mentioned on this board. Otherwise the anti-semites and jew-haters here will have nothing of substance to contribute.

Oops. Apologies for attempting to make a serious response on this thread.

Mr Frogen, I salute your large penis, sir.

Right, so because they lied all these years we're suppose to believe they don't do it now?

Sounds rather similar to charges that US hospitals sometimes "help" certain patients (organ donors) along to harvest the organs for other use.
It probably occurs in isolated instances, but not as an institutional policy.
How many doctors are out there who might be tempted by the cash they can earn for such a scheme?
Some will fail in their medical ethics, I would imagine around 5% of the doctors, but would require serious evidence to believe it mire common.

Clearly though there is a moral equivalence between harvesting corneas and some skin from dead bodies (to treat the living) and planting explosives on school buses full of children.
Yeah I see that very clearly.

I just heard about this on PBS News.

Israel 'confirms organ harvesting'

Bethlehem – Ma’an/Agencies – Israel has confirmed that its forensic scientists in the 1990s took organs from dead bodies, including those of Palestinians, without their families’ consent, an Israeli television report said.

Israel’s Channel 2 TV aired an interview on Saturday with the former director of the Abu Kabir forensic institute, Dr Yehuda Hiss, in which he admitted to taking skin, corneas, heart valves, and bones from Israeli soldiers, Israeli civilians, Palestinians and foreign workers.

The report appeared to confirm the premise of an article in the Swedish daily Aftonbladet, which caused an explosive controversy when it appeared in August. The article quoted Palestinians alleging that Israel returned their relatives bodies with their chests sewn up, suggesting organ harvesting.

Israeli officials denounced the report at the time, labeling it "anti-Semitic," but did not comment on the specific allegations.

The interview with Hiss was filmed in 2000 by an American academic, Nancy Sheppard-Hughes, a professor of anthropology at the University of California-Berkeley, who said she released the footage in the wake of the Aftonbladet controversy.

In a response to the TV report, the Israeli military confirmed that the practice took place. "This activity ended a decade ago and does not happen any longer," the military said in a statement quoted by Channel 2.

In the interview, Hiss describes the steps he and other scientists took to conceal the thefts.

"We used to take corneas without plucking out the eyes. We used to glue them shut. We did that for the purpose of scientific advancement," Hiss said in the interview.

"We used to take skin from the backs of dead people, and the families wouldn’t notice that because they buried the dead without turning them over," another pathologist is quoted as saying in the report.

Hiss said he ignored Israeli law that prohibits harvesting organs without a family’s consent.

"We used to send organs to Israeli hospitals, particularly Tel Hashomer in Tel Aviv, because many doctors there were friends of mine. We didn’t ask for money in return, but four years later, the hospital gave us a microscope. We also sent organs to Hadassah Hospital, and in return they gave us a video camera that can film corpses from inside," Hiss was quoted as saying.

According to Channel 2, In 1986, Israel established a skin bank. Skin supplied by the Abu Kibir institute was used in transplants for wounded soldiers and burn patients.

The right-wing Israeli Knesset member Aryeh Eldad, a plastic surgeon, was also quoted on the program saying, “We had orders to harvest organs without families consent.”

Former Israeli MK Arieh Eldad who is a surgeon specialized in plastic surgery and burns said, according to Israeli TV report, "We had orders to harvest organs without families consent."

Lawsuits were filed against the institute, however, including by the families of Israeli soldiers. One of these came from the father of a soldier, who appeared on the Channel 2 report saying that he opened his son’s coffin to find that his neck was cut and his eyes plucked out.

Under mounting pressure, Hiss was fired in 1998.

Israel’s Health Ministry told Channel 2 that all harvesting had been done with permission and, "For the last 10 years, Abu Kabir has been working according to ethics and Jewish law."

Maan News Agency: Israel 'confirms organ harvesting'

Is PBS anti-Semitic to report this?

EDIT : Thanks, mod, for merging my thread. I didn't see Dogberts.

Last edited:
wow.

it's fucking hilarious to see you people rationalize the harvesting of body parts. Seriously, if Germany did this to jews we'd be hearing about it 40 years later. But, because jews do it.. well... it MUST be good!

:rofl:

I guess we've figured out why the name was Victor FRANKENSTEIN..

WOW.

too late. It's already been decided that israel harvesting organs is benevolent and something that you should not pay attention to as long as there are living muslims stinking up jerusalem.

wow.

it's fucking hilarious to see you people rationalize the harvesting of body parts. Seriously, if Germany did this to jews we'd be hearing about it 40 years later. But, because jews do it.. well... it MUST be good!

WOW.

The only reason the Germans didn't do it is the were afraid Jewish organs might infect the master race.

wow.

WOW.

The only reason the Germans didn't do it is the were afraid Jewish organs might infect the master race.

....and that makes THIS op acceptable because....

talk about excuses for blood in the matzo...

wow.

WOW.
Sometimes your responses are as stupid as Israel defenders cries of anti-Semitism.

Mengele used living and murdered victims. There is no indication that Yehuda Hiss had anything to do with the death of the people whose parts he harvested after they died.

I'm thinking we'll have a pro/anti semite debate here shortly.

Opposing Israel doesn't necessarily involve being anti-Semitic; it involves being pro-human rights.

Too bad being pro human rights somehow takes a back seat when discussing the governance of the PLO or Hamas, or any other dictatorship in the ME.
Do you think anyone's human rights were violated when Hamas operatives dragged Fatah workers out of their offices and machine gunned them in the streets?
Why is it so difficult for you to stay on topic?

Opposing Israel doesn't necessarily involve being anti-Semitic; it involves being pro-human rights.

Too bad being pro human rights somehow takes a back seat when discussing the governance of the PLO or Hamas, or any other dictatorship in the ME.
Do you think anyone's human rights were violated when Hamas operatives dragged Fatah workers out of their offices and machine gunned them in the streets?
Why is it so difficult for you to stay on topic?

Because the topic is not really the topic. The topic is, and always is, Israel bashing, no matter what the nominal thread name. Notice the same half dozen drooling morons always chiming in here with typical anti-semitic comments. Although I am gratified to see the chief dimbulb Freeman has left the room.

Forum List

Back