Is Trayvon Martin Case Tawana Brawley 2.0

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

It is starting to look that way. For people who were too young to remember the Tawana Brawley case, read up on it. To others, many of should be ashamed of ourselves for knee jerk reactions based on race.

Some like me went with what seemed to be the most likely scenario and common sense. Even though things often turn out to be very simple, some of us insist on complicating things with ignorant and uninformed questions.

America has become a nation of infantile minds. No wonder we fear Muslims, and Gays, and Atheists, and White men with guns, and other boogey men -- we're stuck on stupid.

The Worst of Al Sharpton A troubling story about Al Sharpton. - Slate Magazine The Worst of Al Sharpton

NBC's Gregory Hits Sharpton on Tawana Brawley, NBC's Gregory Hits Sharpton on Tawana Brawley, Lauer Barely Touches | NewsBusters.org NBC's Gregory Hits Sharpton on Tawana Brawley,

Tawana Brawley rape allegations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2007 20 years later, Tawana Brawley has turned back on the past 20 years later, Tawana Brawley has turned back on the past - NY Daily News 2007 20 years later, Tawana Brawley has turned back on the past

It is starting to look that way. For people who were too young to remember the Tawana Brawley case, read up on it. To others, many of should be ashamed of ourselves for knee jerk reactions based on race.

Some like me went with what seemed to be the most likely scenario and common sense. Even though things often turn out to be very simple, some of us insist on complicating things with ignorant and uninformed questions.

America has become a nation of infantile minds. No wonder we fear Muslims, and Gays, and Atheists, and White men with guns, and other boogey men -- we're stuck on stupid.

I think Pee Wee Hermam went off the air many years ago? :eusa_shhh:

Well Tawana Brawley lied right? Trayvon is dead so he's not here to lie about anything, I don't see the similarities at all.

SHARPTON is the common element.

Oh.

D'Oh

Focus in Trayvon Martin case shifts to Washington - CNN.com

On Tuesday, Zimmerman's friend, former CNN anchor Joe Oliver, said Zimmerman had given him the same account as the one that appeared in the Orlando Sentinel, as well as additional details about what happened between the time the two came face to face and the time the gun went off.

Oliver, who now works at WESH-TV in Orlando, said he could not discuss the details Tuesday, but said Zimmerman was sorry for what had happened.

"The George Zimmerman I know is not here anymore, because he knows that he took someone else's life, and he's extremely remorseful," Oliver said Tuesday on CNN's "Starting Point."

Oliver said race played no role in the incident.

Neighbors describe watch leader at center of Florida investigation - CNN.com

Sanford, Florida (CNN) -- Current and former neighbors call George Zimmerman caring, passionate and polite, a regular guy they enjoyed being around.

Oh.

D'Oh

On Tuesday, Zimmerman's friend, former CNN anchor Joe Oliver, said Zimmerman had given him the same account as the one that appeared in the Orlando Sentinel, as well as additional details about what happened between the time the two came face to face and the time the gun went off.

Oliver, who now works at WESH-TV in Orlando, said he could not discuss the details Tuesday, but said Zimmerman was sorry for what had happened.

"The George Zimmerman I know is not here anymore, because he knows that he took someone else's life, and he's extremely remorseful," Oliver said Tuesday on CNN's "Starting Point."

Sanford, Florida (CNN) -- Current and former neighbors call George Zimmerman caring, passionate and polite, a regular guy they enjoyed being around.

Name one other instance wherein an unarmed child, or teenager, was shot to death, in public, and the killer convinced the police it was "self defense" without a prosecutor investigating?

Oh.

D'Oh

Besides Sharpton what are the comment elements between Trayvons case and Tawana Brawley? there really isn't anything there, your just typing this shit because they are both Black and you don't like Black people, at least man up and admit that much.:doubt:

Trayvon Martin will never be able to give his side of the case

I hate to point out the obvious, but Treyvon Martin is really dead.

Twana Brawley wasn't attacked. Crystal Magnum was never raped. Treyvon Martin was really killed. So there's really no comparison.

Guilt is supposed to be determined beyond a reasonable doubt. As it started out, all "doubt" was against Zimmerman. As it turns out, he's entitled to a little more doubt than initially thought.

Thank you.

True, and Zimmerman appears to be getting the benefit all doubts available.

Yes.

thats becasue hes alive, is the focus naturally and Trayvon isn't, an unfortunate but simple fact.

would you be happier if zimmerman and anyone that knew him just laid down?

I am sure thats what the media was hoping for, they are even working to keep hope alive for a white on black race based event...meanwhile, there were 10 deaths and 45 shootings in Chicago in one weekend, one of them a 6 month old child sitting in her mothers lap on their porch, I don't seem to recall outrage and the media camping out on Rahm Emmanuels doorstep.

Now trayvons is different because the shooter is known, and folks suspect there was some bad policing going on, ( kind of like chicago?) in addition and the biggey- he was described in the outset as white, so please, lets get real, if zimmerman were black, we would not be having this conversation becasue the media never ever would have made an issue if it, we both know this.

How dare you, this case has no comparison to Tawana Brawley. Unless Twana lying and Zimmerman lying is the commonality:cuckoo:.

How dare you, this case has no comparison to Tawana Brawley. Unless Twana lying and Zimmerman lying is the commonality:cuckoo:.

The point was Al Sharpton lying and Al Sharpton lying as the commonality. It doesn't quite work.

Forum List

Back