Is This Legal Surgery?: A Peek Inside Tranny Surgery Screening (Rubber Stamp)

If a patient is suffering mentally/ on drugs, are they able to consent? & Is the surgery the cure?

• No & no.

• Yes & no.

• No & yes anyway

• Yes & yes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
I wonder if it's legal for doctors to have patients sign disclaimers saying "the surgery I'm about to perform will not make you female (or male)"; and then proceed anyway knowing their patient believes it will? That's the reason these surgeries go forward, because the patient still believes such surgery will make them the opposite gender. Can doctors be thrown in jail for this?

Here's a sample of a rubber-stamped doctor-referral disclaimer. It says "even though my patient is delusional and believes his penis and testicles don't belong attached to his body, I feel this patient is fully capable of an informed decision about this type of surgery: Surgery Sample Letter

[on letterhead]

[date]

Re: [patient name on insurance card], [patient's chosen name], [patient DOB]

Dear Doctor,

[Patient name] is a patient in my care at [your practice name]. They have been a patient here since [date]. They identify as [gender identity] and go by [pronouns]. (1) They note that they first knew their gender identity differed from their assigned sex since [age]. They have been living full time in the appropriate gender role and have successfully and consistently lived full time in this role since [date]. While hormone therapy has (sic)significantly helped treat their gender dysphoria,(2) they are still symptomatic. Despite hormone therapy, they continue to experience symptoms of gender dysphoria. They report anxiety and depression due to their experience of dysphoria. They have expressed a persistent desire for [surgery]. (3) Their goals of surgery are [goals]. Surgery will address their gender dysphoria in these ways: [explain].

[Patient name] is physically healthy enough to undergo this surgery. [list any medical issues that may be relevant to having surgery]. Their current medications include [medications]. Their surgical history includes [surgical history]. They are stably housed and have prepared for their post-op recovery [if this is true].(4) They have no issues with illicit drug use or abuse [if this is true]. [if not true, explain plan of care for stabilization].

[Patient name] has more than met the WPATH criteria for [surgery].(5) I have explained the risks, benefits, and alternatives of this surgery and believe they have an excellent understanding of them. They are more than capable of making an informed decision about undertaking surgery. I believe that the next appropriate step for them is to undergo [surgery], and (6) I believe this will help them make significant progress in further treating their gender (sic)dysphoria. Therefore I recommend and refer [patient name] to have this surgery.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact myself or my office.

Sincerely,

[your name], MD

[your license number]

It is a "run 'em through" form letter where each individual should at least get a personalized and detailed referral based on a doctor's thorough knowledge of their case. I believe it's an attempt to squeeze down the screening process and eliminate "those pesky details like profuse mental illness being present". I like how even if someone is addicted to drugs while being referred, they've provided a mitigation clause to describe how the abuse has been stablized. ie: It's OK if they're out of their minds, just patch them up and shove them over here to the operating table.

I've bolded areas of legal concerns and will address them here:

1. A self-diagnosis from a patient obviously in the throes of mental instability does not suffice as a diagnosis.

2. Again, a "symptomatic" patient experiencing undue anxiety and depression are not capable of self-diagnosis nor consent for such a complex and permanent amputation surgery.

3. A patient in such a state cannot have his own "goals for surgery". This indicates an elective surgery when the surgery is supposed to be correcting a physical defect instead to "cure dysphoria".. Yes, do "explain"..

4. This statement gives a brush of the hand to the entire underlying symptoms and another genesis. Drug addiction is a sign of a serious underlying mental condition; and it is not improved with this type of amputation surgery. The mutilated people go on to continue abusing drugs; often worse than before. Sex changes are not effective, say researchers I would love to see the Dr.'s "plan for stabiliziation". How about mental therapy for a few years? This is a rubber stamp to push the unstable and mentally ill through this illegal type of surgery.

5. Said patient is in no way shape or form able to consent to such surgery. What "benefits" could a doctor explain? There is no way to turn a male patient female nor a female patient male. So said "benefits" could only be to worsen their delusion (and mutilate their bodies) in the process. It's akin to putting a burn patient in an oven "so they'll feel better"..

6. How about instead of saying as a doctor "I believe", say " it is my professional opinion"? Belief is nice, but this is medicine, not a religion.

Last edited:
Can I Get Transgender Surgery if I am Addicted?

Can I Get Transgender Surgery if I am Addicted? - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Drug Rehab
"SRS" = Sex Reassignment Surgery (which is impossible BTW; it is a facsimile at best)

Should I Attempt Sexual Reassignment Surgery If I Am Addicted to Drugs?
...trying to go through the SRS process while dealing with the negative effects of addiction can only worsen your situation. You may be tempted to try to pass as drug-free or to stay sober long enough to go through treatment. This is a bad idea and can lead to serious psychological damage and prevent proper healing after SRS. By treating the underlying causes of addiction such as depression, low self-worth and mental health concerns, you will have a better chance of long-term sobriety and happiness.

Also, by not amputating healthy organs in a mistaken quest to "cure drug addiction" (and the underlying mental issues behind it which by no means are due exclusively to "society's rejection of transgender), you will have a better chance of long-term sobriety and happiness.

I put forth the completely radical hypothesis that a person who looks between their legs and denies what is there every time they pee has other mental issues besides "society not accepting their delusions"..

We don't criminalize plastic surgery because someone wants to have a better figure or a prettier face. Bottom line is that it's their body and their choice. Some adequate counseling beforehand should be enough.

It's just mutilation, nothing more. Chopping off protruding appendages does not have the power to change a sex. Our gender is divinely stamped into the chromosomes in every cell in our body and God doesn't make mistakes.

We don't criminalize plastic surgery because someone wants to have a better figure or a prettier face. Bottom line is that it's their body and their choice. Some adequate counseling beforehand should be enough.

This isn't a face lift or removing a mole or something. Any doctor who facilitates these severely mentally ill gimps' compulsion for such extreme self-mutilation is a criminal, period.

This isn't a face lift or removing a mole or something. Any doctor who facilitates these severely mentally ill gimps' compulsion for such extreme self-mutilation is a criminal, period.
Adults can make their own decisions, good or bad. What we need to do is to stop making laws to protect us from ourselves.

Well amputation of vital organs is different than a skin graft or a tummy tuck. These amputees suffer urinary tract infections, incontinence & sexual numbness after surgery removing part of the human waste removal system.

Sorry. Not even in the same ballpark. Go in and ask a doctor to cut out your colon because you feel like you were born in the wrong body that doesn't require a functioning colon. Ask them to amputate your arm or leg because you feel like you were "born an amputee". They'll tell you to walk...straight to the nearest mental hospital for a mandatory observation period and possibly forced commitment.

Chopping off your hog and radical hormone treatments are not run of the mill plastic surgery.

These people are mentally deranged enough .... Why would we let them suffer further?

It's like sending a blind man out into a field full of rakes.

And for the record I am not sure of the legal angle on surgeries. However whether it is or isn't ...... It shouldn't be able to happen when people aren't in their right minds.

Just like going into a tattoo parlor drunk or high.

It's just mutilation, nothing more. Chopping off protruding appendages does not have the power to change a sex. Our gender is divinely stamped into the chromosomes in every cell in our body and God doesn't make mistakes.

I agree that God doesn't make mistakes. But not everyone believes in God. You cannot expect others to follow that same rule.

People get nose jobs and boob jobs all the time. No different from getting plastic surgery to change your gender. Are those people going against what God gave them as well?

Let people choose what they do with their own bodies.

I think if we as a nation would just mind our own business and let people choose what they do to their own bodies and lives, we would be a lot better off.

Adults can make their own decisions, good or bad. What we need to do is to stop making laws to protect us from ourselves.
The purpose of these surgeries And cross dressing is so men can enter women's bathrooms and lockers.

Last edited:

I agree that God doesn't make mistakes. But not everyone believes in God. You cannot expect others to follow that same rule.

People get nose jobs and boob jobs all the time. No different from getting plastic surgery to change your gender. Are those people going against what God gave them as well?

I think if we as a nation would just mind our own business and let people choose what they do to their own bodies and lives, we would be a lot better off.

That's a bunch of crap. If we let people just do whatever with their bodies then we would have a generation of people with face tattoos, who would be unemployable.

And chopping off your hog isn't like getting your ear pierced or some barbed wire tattoo on your bicep .

More ignorance, hate, and bigotry from the right.
More like pity for a disturbed person. You can't change your sex and gender. Seems you're the one exhibiting hate and bigotry towards those who point out Truth. And as for science, you show your ignorance.

Last edited:
More like pity for a disturbed person. You can't change your sex and gender. Seems you're the ne exhibiting hate and bigotry. And as for science, you show your ignorance.

Exactly. These guys want to tell all the time the science is in on various topics .... But then they ignore the science on tranny's.

Might be able to respect their positions if they showed a shred of consistency.

Mentally ill people certainly shouldn't.

More like pity for a disturbed person. You can't change your sex and gender. Seems you're the ne exhibiting hate and bigotry. And as for science, you show your ignorance.

Exactly. These guys want to tell all the time the science is in on various topics .... But then they ignore the science on tranny's.

Might be able to respect their positions if they showed a shred of consistency.

The fans of this sort of disgusting and mindless self-indulgence can justify anything and pretend it's 'logic'. They're really just nuts themselves, following silly pseudo-intellectual fashions, not 'logic'. They're knee jerk reactionaries.

"NAMBLA" logic - an extreme absolutist position which demands that for logical consistencies sake that certain gross crimes be allowed, in order that no one might feel restrained.-Stirling S. Newberry

When they find out that the Hitler Youth were taught the same arithmetic and math everybody else teaches they'll start protesting and demanding it be banned from being taught in schools because it's obviously 'fascist and racist'. They already reject real science, so it's not a large step for them.

More like pity for a disturbed person. You can't change your sex and gender. Seems you're the one exhibiting hate and bigotry towards those who point out Truth. And as for science, you show your ignorance.

Exactly. Quoted for truth.

It's a silly notion that one has to believe in God for God's principles to apply to their lives. It's just as silly as stepping off a cliff saying you don't believe in gravity.

And we're not just talking about letting people do what they want with their bodies. Far be it from me to stand in the way of somebody who wants to mutilate themselves. But then they expect me to go along with the charade, referring to him in female terms and pronouns, and if I don't, then they go to HR, file a lawsuit, or engage in some other retaliatory course of action. Trans people are mentally ill, which is fine. But forcing everyone to accommodate their delusions is NOT fine.

It's a silly notion that one has to believe in God for God's principles to apply to their lives. It's just as silly as stepping off a cliff saying you don't believe in gravity.

And we're not just talking about letting people do what they want with their bodies. Far be it from me to stand in the way of somebody who wants to mutilate themselves. But then they expect me to go along with the charade, referring to him in female terms and pronouns, and if I don't, then they go to HR, file a lawsuit, or engage in some other retaliatory course of action. Trans people are mentally ill, which is fine. But forcing everyone to accommodate their delusions is NOT fine.
Chaz Bono frowns at your shenanigans.

mgid:uma:image:logotv.com:12155393

I wonder if it's legal for doctors to have patients sign disclaimers saying "the surgery I'm about to perform will not make you female (or male)"; and then proceed anyway knowing their patient believes it will? That's the reason these surgeries go forward, because the patient still believes such surgery will make them the opposite gender. Can doctors be thrown in jail for this?

Here's a sample of a rubber-stamped doctor-referral disclaimer. It says "even though my patient is delusional and believes his penis and testicles don't belong attached to his body, I feel this patient is fully capable of an informed decision about this type of surgery: Surgery Sample Letter

[on letterhead]

[date]

Re: [patient name on insurance card], [patient's chosen name], [patient DOB]

Dear Doctor,

[Patient name] is a patient in my care at [your practice name]. They have been a patient here since [date]. They identify as [gender identity] and go by [pronouns]. (1) They note that they first knew their gender identity differed from their assigned sex since [age]. They have been living full time in the appropriate gender role and have successfully and consistently lived full time in this role since [date]. While hormone therapy has (sic)significantly helped treat their gender dysphoria,(2) they are still symptomatic. Despite hormone therapy, they continue to experience symptoms of gender dysphoria. They report anxiety and depression due to their experience of dysphoria. They have expressed a persistent desire for [surgery]. (3) Their goals of surgery are [goals]. Surgery will address their gender dysphoria in these ways: [explain].

[Patient name] is physically healthy enough to undergo this surgery. [list any medical issues that may be relevant to having surgery]. Their current medications include [medications]. Their surgical history includes [surgical history]. They are stably housed and have prepared for their post-op recovery [if this is true].(4) They have no issues with illicit drug use or abuse [if this is true]. [if not true, explain plan of care for stabilization].

[Patient name] has more than met the WPATH criteria for [surgery].(5) I have explained the risks, benefits, and alternatives of this surgery and believe they have an excellent understanding of them. They are more than capable of making an informed decision about undertaking surgery. I believe that the next appropriate step for them is to undergo [surgery], and (6) I believe this will help them make significant progress in further treating their gender (sic)dysphoria. Therefore I recommend and refer [patient name] to have this surgery.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact myself or my office.

Sincerely,

[your name], MD

[your license number]

It is a "run 'em through" form letter where each individual should at least get a personalized and detailed referral based on a doctor's thorough knowledge of their case. I believe it's an attempt to squeeze down the screening process and eliminate "those pesky details like profuse mental illness being present". I like how even if someone is addicted to drugs while being referred, they've provided a mitigation clause to describe how the abuse has been stablized. ie: It's OK if they're out of their minds, just patch them up and shove them over here to the operating table.

I've bolded areas of legal concerns and will address them here:

1. A self-diagnosis from a patient obviously in the throes of mental instability does not suffice as a diagnosis.

2. Again, a "symptomatic" patient experiencing undue anxiety and depression are not capable of self-diagnosis nor consent for such a complex and permanent amputation surgery.

3. A patient in such a state cannot have his own "goals for surgery". This indicates an elective surgery when the surgery is supposed to be correcting a physical defect instead to "cure dysphoria".. Yes, do "explain"..

4. This statement gives a brush of the hand to the entire underlying symptoms and another genesis. Drug addiction is a sign of a serious underlying mental condition; and it is not improved with this type of amputation surgery. The mutilated people go on to continue abusing drugs; often worse than before. Sex changes are not effective, say researchers I would love to see the Dr.'s "plan for stabiliziation". How about mental therapy for a few years? This is a rubber stamp to push the unstable and mentally ill through this illegal type of surgery.

5. Said patient is in no way shape or form able to consent to such surgery. What "benefits" could a doctor explain? There is no way to turn a male patient female nor a female patient male. So said "benefits" could only be to worsen their delusion (and mutilate their bodies) in the process. It's akin to putting a burn patient in an oven "so they'll feel better"..

6. How about instead of saying as a doctor "I believe", say " it is my professional opinion"? Belief is nice, but this is medicine, not a religion.
Because of "conservative" opposition it has been heavily politicised.

Forum List

Back