Is there such a thing as being asexual?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
This guy, who is NOT gay, keeps telling us that he is asexual. He is not a castrated eunuch either. So, is this possible? I saw on TV that there are many forms of sex drive, such as heterosexual, and homosexual, and at various strengths, some are weaker sex drives than others, but can you have totally zero sex drive? The guy is ~ 20 years old, in case we assume that old age can stop sex drive. By the way, can it? Anyway, are there young men around who are not gay but have zero sex drive? How can this be if yes?

"Is there such a thing as being asexual?"

There is such a thing as a Constitutional right to individual liberty and to engage in self-expression.

We'd be a lot better off as a Nation if we respected those rights and stopped obsessing over what people 'are.'

This guy, who is NOT gay, keeps telling us that he is asexual. He is not a castrated eunuch either. So, is this possible? I saw on TV that there are many forms of sex drive, such as heterosexual, and homosexual, and at various strengths, some are weaker sex drives than others, but can you have totally zero sex drive? The guy is ~ 20 years old, in case we assume that old age can stop sex drive. By the way, can it? Anyway, are there young men around who are not gay but have zero sex drive? How can this be if yes?
I knew a guy who claimed he wasn't into sex. Turned out he finally admitted he was gay.

the only people with sexual indifference have klinefelters syndrome. That is, a y chromosome and multiple x chromosomes. They are taller than both parents, skinny and most often, retarded. And often have peferctly feminine faces. Though they are male.

But even they often end up having boyfriends or girlfriends. I think they are more sexually compatible with men because they have a more passive sex drive. If they are with a woman, the woman is left with a passionless love life.

However many

I know a woman who is asexual. I've known her since we were just little kids.

Maybe she's just not into you?:lmao:

Waaaait a minute... does she live in a muslim country???
No. And no. She simply is not interested in having sex.

She doesn't even masturbate.

Frigid, we used to call it.

funny that we villify those who have excessive sex or who have perverted sex, but then, conversly, we shame them for being perfect.

It's all about conformity really. Anyone who is different must be assaulted. Cruel buggers, us humans.

Was on an asexual support site a bit and my impression of the people is they're misusing a term to belong to a group. Sex drive comes and goes pretty readily. If you have no interest in sexual relationships that's cool, but it doesn't follow you're a spore or fungus. :) Your sex drive can return tomorrow after you meet someone who hits all the right spots for you.

I think what's going on is the plethora of new terms for sexuality appeal to those who for various reasons like being part of small subsets. Smaller a subset of people is, more 'elite' it can feel to those into that sort of thing. And while there may be people who for biological or psychological reasons lack sexual desire, this doesn't then mean they're some term previously only ever applied to single-celled organisms. Human beings are sexually reproductive organisms, not asexual ones. We, when normal, desire sex around the onset of puberty as sex hormones start being produced in larger amounts. While those without this hormonal drive may identify as asexual, they're not really. They're simply deficient in the thing responsible for sexual desire and if they had it added would not identify as asexual any longer. And if you are hormonally normal and still don't wanna have sexual relationships you're still not asexual so much as exhibiting some sort of pathology.

I hope so. But I have never met a man with a low one. I wonder if they would get married? Would be a perfect match for me! (... if I weren't already married that is!)

Was on an asexual support site a bit and my impression of the people is they're misusing a term to belong to a group. Sex drive comes and goes pretty readily. If you have no interest in sexual relationships that's cool, but it doesn't follow you're a spore or fungus. :) Your sex drive can return tomorrow after you meet someone who hits all the right spots for you.

I think what's going on is the plethora of new terms for sexuality appeal to those who for various reasons like being part of small subsets. Smaller a subset of people is, more 'elite' it can feel to those into that sort of thing. And while there may be people who for biological or psychological reasons lack sexual desire, this doesn't then mean they're some term previously only ever applied to single-celled organisms. Human beings are sexually reproductive organisms, not asexual ones. We, when normal, desire sex around the onset of puberty as sex hormones start being produced in larger amounts. While those without this hormonal drive may identify as asexual, they're not really. They're simply deficient in the thing responsible for sexual desire and if they had it added would not identify as asexual any longer. And if you are hormonally normal and still don't wanna have sexual relationships you're still not asexual so much as exhibiting some sort of pathology.
So many people are part of a church, political party, Ideology, sexual persuasion simply for the community.

I think its gutless, harmful to those who may actually be "asexual" andjust plain pathetic.

And "asexual" means an organism which can reproduce without a mate. so blurrin of word meanings makes me see orwellian newspeak. So im now suspicious of asexualism as a sexuality. Which is unfair on those who actually may have this condition.

Forum List

Back