Is the National Anthem Racist?

You should get that published.

Then Trump will win 35 States in 2020, instead of 30.

Whites are fed up with this entire racist crap. The Illegals, the Beaners,
the Jaboni's...the fuckin' ragheads. The whining of every frickin' one
of them is not being tolerated anymore.

We're done with that shit.

You do have a point. I wish we'd get race the fuck out of our political debate and refocus on economic issues. That is the only chance the democrats have.

That's why Dems keep injecting racism in every issue, they have no other issues anyone will listen to. They are all just a bunch of hateful anti-Americans, and you keep voting with them.

Is the ubiquitous song, "Take me Out to the Ballgame," a crass commercial endorsement of Cracker Jack?

No. Of course not.

Nor is the National Anthem a glorification of slavery, as less than 1% of those singing it know or care what the second and subsequent verses are, or mean.

Protest whatever you want ON YOUR OWN TIME. The team owners own this venue, and no player has the "right," contractually or constitutionally, to co-opt the venue for a political statement that may not reflect the views of management, regardless of its merits.

Imagine a group of players making a public statement taking a PRO-LIFE stance: Carrying a flag saying, "Stop the Killing of Babies in the Womb!" or some such thing. Would the "patriots" speaking out for the players now speak out for the pro-life demonstrators?

Hardly. They would be howling for their scalps.

As a person who would have to be paid to attend an NFL game, I have no dog in this fight, but fuck all of these pampered super-annuated children. If they had to work for a living, half of them would be criminals.

I hope this bullshit kills the NFL.

Tom Brady is by far the best player in the NFL. And he is White and an actual patriot who supports The Donald. So I say let it ride. And hopefully The Patriots will unload Afro American retards protesting what they cannot comprehend who never helped the team anyhow.

03ANTHEMSUB-master768.jpg

Beyond the Debate Over Colin Kaepernick

The continuing refusal by the San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to stand during the playing of “The Star-Spangled Banner” before games has set off a debate about patriotism, protest and professional sports. But it has also raised another fraught question: Is our national anthem itself racist?

The journalist Jon Schwarz, writing in The Intercept, argued yes, denouncing the lyrics, written by Francis Scott Key during the War of 1812, as “a celebration of slavery.” How could black players, Mr. Schwarz asked, be expected to stand for a song whose rarely sung third stanza — which includes the lines “No refuge could save the hireling and slave/From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave” — “literally celebrates the murder of African-Americans”?

More: Is the National Anthem Racist? Beyond the Debate Over Colin Kaepernick

It could certainly be interpreted as racist. What do you think?
Of course its racist. You would have to do a lot of mental gymnastics in order to convince yourself it wasnt.

What are the racist lines in the song? Specifically.

The same place I told you in the other thread and its even posted in this thread. Not my fault you dont know how to read.

The song is about the American flag still waving over Fort McHenry after the Battle of Baltimore in the war of 1812.
Its also about killing ex-slaves and hirelings.

Nowhere does it glorify killing slaves and hirelings. The black person who died from the battle was a former slave who was with the US Army defending the Fort from the British. He is saying the British were so ruthless they even killed slaves and servants, that isn't glorifying it, its acknowledging what happened as a tragedy.

You do have a point. I wish we'd get race the fuck out of our political debate and refocus on economic issues. That is the only chance the democrats have.

That's why Dems keep injecting racism in every issue, they have no other issues anyone will listen to. They are all just a bunch of hateful anti-Americans, and you keep voting with them.

I disagree with them on the race issue, but to say that they have no issues? Really?
-60% of this country wants higher minimum wage
-55% of this country wants legal pot
-65% wants gay marriage to be legal
-the vast majority wants clean air, water and food
-The vast majority wants America to lead in science!
-The vast majority support SSI
-The vast Majority support educating our children

Outside of defense what exactly is supported by the majority?

I disagree with them on the race issue, but to say that they have no issues? Really?

What I am saying is no one agrees with Dems on those issues, which is why they have to play up the race issue. It's the only way to get people to notice them.

03ANTHEMSUB-master768.jpg

Beyond the Debate Over Colin Kaepernick

The continuing refusal by the San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to stand during the playing of “The Star-Spangled Banner” before games has set off a debate about patriotism, protest and professional sports. But it has also raised another fraught question: Is our national anthem itself racist?

The journalist Jon Schwarz, writing in The Intercept, argued yes, denouncing the lyrics, written by Francis Scott Key during the War of 1812, as “a celebration of slavery.” How could black players, Mr. Schwarz asked, be expected to stand for a song whose rarely sung third stanza — which includes the lines “No refuge could save the hireling and slave/From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave” — “literally celebrates the murder of African-Americans”?

More: Is the National Anthem Racist? Beyond the Debate Over Colin Kaepernick

It could certainly be interpreted as racist. What do you think?

Kind of a wasted effort on your part and a perfect excample of what useful idiots you people are. Kaepernik is protesting the fact he will have no job when his contract runs out because he isn't good enough anymore. Second, I find it amazing these guys, these "professional" athletes can sit there and say or imply they are somehow victims of anything when they have benefited from every government program to get where they are now and they got all of it for free. I think you need to address your own weakness and stop blaming it on people who have been dead for 200 years.

Its your right to disagree and frankly thats exactly the best way to voice your disagreement to avoid division.

I hope this bullshit kills the NFL.
Tom Brady is by far the best player in the NFL. And he is White and an actual patriot who supports The Donald. So I say let it ride. And hopefully The Patriots will unload Afro American retards protesting what they cannot comprehend who never helped the team anyhow.
I like Tom Brady but in the larger scope of things his wealth and status are not as important as the American people.

Professional sports are a distraction to the dismantlement of the Middle Class, its rights and prosperity.

Think about it; the NFL was made popular with large scale broadcast coverage int he late 1960s and the Middle Class has not had a meaningful increas in real income since the early 1970s.

Do you think that merely coincidence?

90% want to win the lottery.

Get used to it. Whites will soon be a minority.

Since 1 in every 3 1/2 blacks in on food stamps, who is going to support those freeloaders, other blacks? Almost a third can't support themselves.

Forum List

Back