Democrat fumes at Super Bowl crowd for not standing during black national anthem sung by Andra Day

Since this was one of the most watched Super bowls ever, it shows you how insignificant you are.

Still not giving a shit or a flying fig
Sportsball bread n circus Superbowl....brought to you by Pfizer

Did you stand for wakandas national anthem ?

Oh yay steal a tv
Before dawns early light
Wepawaytions we want
For many cartons of Newports

Wearing Nikes with flair
Gunshots ring through the air

Blah blah blah
Muhffuggah

vfgbbunnhhjkmmmk.jpg

(1) The congressman says most of his constituents are ladies and gentlemen of the ethnicity under discussion.

(2) So it is understandable that he said what he did.

(3) And maybe playing that song & standing up will help reduce the anger and rage among so many younger gentlemen of that group, and that might help reduce their horrific level of violent crime.

Still not giving a shit or a flying fig
Sportsball bread n circus Superbowl....brought to you by Pfizer

Did you stand for wakandas national anthem ?

Oh yay steal a tv
Before dawns early light
Wepawaytions we want
For many cartons of Newports

Wearing Nikes with flair
Gunshots ring through the air

Blah blah blah
Muhffuggah

View attachment 902682
One of the most watched Super bowls in history, which means nobody gave a damn that you weren't watching.

You mean the white historians who want us to teach His-Story and not History.
You would consider me to be a conservative.

I want history taught accurately without propaganda. I have no problem with teaching the history of slavery as long as it is accurately portrayed. History should definitely show the bad side of slavery in our nation. I have no problem with that.

But don’t start making up stuff and calling it history to promote your own racist cause.

snip

MISCONSTRUING THE SLAVE ECONOMY

The political goal animating the 1619 Project is reparations. “If you read the whole project,” Nikole Hannah-Jones has said, “I don’t think you can come away from it without understanding the project is an argument for reparations. You can’t read it and not understand that something is owed.”19 But if the case for reparations rests on distorted history, it can’t be a good case. On the subject of slavery, the distortions of the 1619 Project are numerous, and they are significant. It conflates the wealth of the slaveholders with the wealth of the United States. It asserts without evidence that slavery “fueled” the growth of the Northern economy. It betrays a stunning lack of familiarity with the basic facts of cotton cultivation. It stresses the expansion of the cotton economy but ignores the South’s relative decline in the national economy. Slavery consigned generations of Southerners, black and white, to poverty and economic backwardness. Its legacy is hardship and misery, not widespread wealth.

Most of what the 1619 Project has to say about Southern slavery is contained in an essay by sociologist Matthew Desmond that grossly distorts the history of the slave economy and is riddled with factual errors.20 He asserts, citing Walter Johnson, that the slave plantations were “dependent on upriver trade for food.” In fact, it was conclusively demonstrated decades ago that the slave plantations produced their own food and did not rely on grain purchases from outside the region. Citing Caitlin Rosenthal, Desmond claims that modern-day accountants and managers employ bookkeeping “procedures whose roots twist back to slave-labor camps.” But Rosenthal says that the connection between plantation and modern accounting techniques is “murky” and explicitly warns that hers “is not an origins story” of contemporary accounting practices.21 In a podcast elaborating his thesis, Desmond asserts that cotton cultivation “in this country . . . dates back to the earliest years of the colonies. And when slavery begins on these shores, it begins in cotton fields.”22 In fact, cotton was not grown commercially in the South until the 1780s, one and a half centuries after 1619.

I want history taught accurately without propaganda. I have no problem with teaching the history of slavery as long as it is accurately portrayed. History should definitely show the bad side of slavery in our nation. I have no problem with that.

But don’t start making up stuff and calling it history to promote your own racist cause.

snip

The political goal animating the 1619 Project is reparations. “If you read the whole project,” Nikole Hannah-Jones has said, “I don’t think you can come away from it without understanding the project is an argument for reparations. You can’t read it and not understand that something is owed.”19 But if the case for reparations rests on distorted history, it can’t be a good case. On the subject of slavery, the distortions of the 1619 Project are numerous, and they are significant. It conflates the wealth of the slaveholders with the wealth of the United States. It asserts without evidence that slavery “fueled” the growth of the Northern economy. It betrays a stunning lack of familiarity with the basic facts of cotton cultivation. It stresses the expansion of the cotton economy but ignores the South’s relative decline in the national economy. Slavery consigned generations of Southerners, black and white, to poverty and economic backwardness. Its legacy is hardship and misery, not widespread wealth.

Most of what the 1619 Project has to say about Southern slavery is contained in an essay by sociologist Matthew Desmond that grossly distorts the history of the slave economy and is riddled with factual errors.20 He asserts, citing Walter Johnson, that the slave plantations were “dependent on upriver trade for food.” In fact, it was conclusively demonstrated decades ago that the slave plantations produced their own food and did not rely on grain purchases from outside the region. Citing Caitlin Rosenthal, Desmond claims that modern-day accountants and managers employ bookkeeping “procedures whose roots twist back to slave-labor camps.” But Rosenthal says that the connection between plantation and modern accounting techniques is “murky” and explicitly warns that hers “is not an origins story” of contemporary accounting practices.21 In a podcast elaborating his thesis, Desmond asserts that cotton cultivation “in this country . . . dates back to the earliest years of the colonies. And when slavery begins on these shores, it begins in cotton fields.”22 In fact, cotton was not grown commercially in the South until the 1780s, one and a half centuries after 1619.
Obviously, somebody has a problem with it, we learn more each year as to how the history that has been taught in this country has been his story. It's amazing how so much history has been omitted or barely even mentioned.

snip

A difference of opinion isn't inaccuracy. Teaching that Columbus discovered America is inaccurate as is teaching that slavers were fighting for liberty and freedom. They were fighting for the creation of an independent slave state.

The NFL has the right to have as many songs or acts in its program as it chooses.
‘Lift Every Voice and Sing’ is a womderful song and great significance behind it.

That said, this Democrat can’t mandate Americans stand and salute the song as a national anthem. I don’t even expect people to stand and salute the National Anthem.

What I do expect is to show respect; for both songs. Don’t disrupt or draw attention away from the song being sung and other people standing and honoring the song.
If you don’t like it, go get a bear or hot dog or sit still in silence.

A difference of opinion isn't inaccuracy. Teaching that Columbus discovered America is inaccurate as is teaching that slavers were fighting for liberty and freedom. They were fighting for the creation of an independent slave state.

His discovery led to it's permanent colonization. The Norse there before didn't permanently colonize it.

He discovered it for Europe, Asia, and Africa.

In America most of the attacks on Asians was done by whites.

You got numbers to back that up?

I'm talking about being attacked for being Asian, not good old fashioned crime for the sake of crime.

And where do you think most Asians live in this country? Omaha?

Forum List

Back