Is the National Anthem Racist?

“No refuge could save the hireling and slave/From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave” — “literally celebrates the murder of African-Americans”?

More: Is the National Anthem Racist? Beyond the Debate Over Colin Kaepernick

It could certainly be interpreted as racist. What do you think?

I'm very sorry to interrupt such a fine display of faux outrage with reality - that line was written about those fighting under the Union Jack - regulars, mercenaries, conscripts.

Thankfully Old Glory triumphantly waves over the home of the willfully ignorant as well as the brave. :woohoo:

03ANTHEMSUB-master768.jpg

Beyond the Debate Over Colin Kaepernick

The continuing refusal by the San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to stand during the playing of “The Star-Spangled Banner” before games has set off a debate about patriotism, protest and professional sports. But it has also raised another fraught question: Is our national anthem itself racist?

The journalist Jon Schwarz, writing in The Intercept, argued yes, denouncing the lyrics, written by Francis Scott Key during the War of 1812, as “a celebration of slavery.” How could black players, Mr. Schwarz asked, be expected to stand for a song whose rarely sung third stanza — which includes the lines “No refuge could save the hireling and slave/From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave” — “literally celebrates the murder of African-Americans”?

NO.

First it was the Confederate flag, then Confederate Generals, next Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Christopher Columbus, now it's the National Anthem.

You gave them an inch, now they're taking their mile.
Everything you named was either a homicidal maniac, a traitor, a racist, or created by a racist. How did you manage that?

If you can make that a central theme of the Democrat Party before the 2018 elections, you'll have my eternal thanks.
Is Columbus Day Going Extinct?

No need to get the dems to work on this one.

Maybe the District of COLUMBIA should be extinct.

It has become much more than just about Colin Kaepernick. It has also opened my eyes. I originally just thought Kaepernick was being a jerk, but now - not so much.
If you think Kaepernick knew anything other then the words that are sung as our national anthem you truly are on drugs.

Is it racist, to a liberal yes of course, everything is racist to them. To a conservative, WTH are you even squawking about?

Good thing for him that Kaepernick's parents are less racist then he is.

Last edited:
WHat do you mean Kapernick.. "continuing refusal" to stand for anthem??
He is unemployed. The only thing he is continuing to do is losing his wealth for being an asshole.

What the lyrics is actually referring to is that slaves did flee and joined the British army in attacking America. Keys is just referring to what actually did happen.

Everything is racist, we understand. We also understand that liberalism is a mental disease.

For the record the following are not RACES:
muslim
Hispanic
Mexican
atheist
transgender
lesbian
gay
illegal alien
dreamer
liberal

The continuing refusal by the San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to stand during the playing of “The Star-Spangled Banner” before games has set off a debate about patriotism, protest and professional sports. But it has also raised another fraught question: Is our national anthem itself racist?

The journalist Jon Schwarz, writing in The Intercept, argued yes, denouncing the lyrics, written by Francis Scott Key during the War of 1812, as “a celebration of slavery.” How could black players, Mr. Schwarz asked, be expected to stand for a song whose rarely sung third stanza — which includes the lines “No refuge could save the hireling and slave/From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave” — “literally celebrates the murder of African-Americans”?

Everything about America, past and present, is racist to you people. Statues, songs, TV shows, regulations, laws, textbooks, schools, novels, movies, retail items, mascots, advertisements.

What is next? I'll bet you people will find The Emancipation Proclomation to be racist.

Everything about America, past and present, is racist to you people. Statues, songs, TV shows, regulations, laws, textbooks, schools, novels, movies, retail items, mascots, advertisements.

What is next? I'll bet you people will find The Emancipation Proclomation to be racist.
Written by whites. So of course.

Open a window in your parents basement...the poor air is getting to your brain.
Get a real job. Contribute. Be a father, a good husband. Make a difference.
Stop slouching around living off of others peoples money.

Open a window in your parents basement...the poor air is getting to your brain.
Get a real job. Contribute. Be a father, a good husband. Make a difference.
Stop slouching around living off of others peoples money.

Refute with substance. You can't even get mockery anywhere near correct.

The continuing refusal by the San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to stand during the playing of “The Star-Spangled Banner” before games has set off a debate about patriotism, protest and professional sports.
Gee, doesn't have a problem with a white man signing his check

Fucking hypocrite attention whore
He doesnt have a problem with white people. He has a problem with white racists you retarded monkey.
He doesnt have a problem with white people. He has a problem with white racists you retarded monkey.
Fuck you dick head!

If he has a problem with only white racists,
then his problem is with white people!

Like, only white people are racists...
Black people are racist too

Besides, that's his problem...
you can't make people not hate...
it'll never happen, he'll be kneeling to his grave

If he hates racism so much,
maybe he'd like to advocate for abolishing affirmative action

I don't have a problem with black people,
I have a problem with ignorant, lazy ass,
ghetto trash and gang banger thugs, ...
in other words, n1ggers

"If he has a problem with only white racists,
then his problem is with white people!"

So all whites are racist? Thats pretty much what I thought but I have never had a white person come out and admit this.

Of course he cant make people not hate. However he doesnt have to placidly accept their hate as something he must honor by standing when the racist song is played.

White AA stood for 400 plus years. Why should he accept less than what you guys got?

No one asked you or cares who you have a problem with. Theres not much you can do other than get emotional like youre doing now. Hows that working for you?

Last edited:

The U.S. Flag is racist if you use your way of thinking... Hell everything about America is racist to those like you...

So don't stand, salute or acknowledge anything that has to do with America because all of it is racist in your eyes and don't deny it because you know what I have written to be true!
Thats an asinine comment. What other way of thinking should one use but your own?

I dont honor all that bullshit america crap because I dont believe encouraging lies. When you got inbred monkeys supporting the so called POTUS and some recessive is trying to chastise you about the flag you know something is messed up pretty badly.

Well, we do have to give Pittsburgh credit for not changing the team's name. Recall the Washington DC Bullets had to change their name so as not to offend Afro American behavior in the cities, yutes shooting bullets at each other? As you know Afro Americans also steal stuff all the time, way, way out of proportion to other groups, so it is great they do not succumb to the PC crowd and that calling the Blacks "stealers" is not currently offensive. :p

The continuing refusal by the San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to stand during the playing of “The Star-Spangled Banner” before games has set off a debate about patriotism, protest and professional sports.

Fuck you dick head!

in other words, n1ggers

So all whites are racist? Thats pretty much what I thought but I have never had a white person come out and admit this.

Of course he cant make people not hate. However he doesnt have to placidly accept their hate as something he must honor by standing when the racist song is played.

White AA stood for 400 plus years. Why should he accept less than what you guys got?

No one asked you or cares who you have a problem with. Theres not much you can do other than get emotional like youre doing now. Hows that working for you?

ROFLMMFAO

Whose the retarded monkey?!

Learn to comprehend what you're reading, k

You stated his problem wasn't with white people
it was with white racists...

If his problem is only with white racists,
then his problem is with white people, not racism.
He didn't have to enslave himself, for xx amount of years
to a white franchise owner, either.

He sold himself to a white man and has no problem,
placidly accepting their hate, for the right amount of money!

Not standing for the anthem, disrespects veterans
and has nothing to do with his issues
Call someone who cares...
I don't recall asking you
for your permission to insert my 2¢!

I'm not getting emotional, seems like you are

He can kneel and people can boycott
Money talks and bullshit walks
Let's see what happens when club owners profits are effected

Fuck you dick head!

in other words, n1ggers

ROFLMMFAO

Whose the retarded monkey?!

Learn to comprehend what you're reading, k

You stated his problem wasn't with white people
it was with white racists...

If his problem is only with white racists,
then his problem is with white people, not racism.
He didn't have to enslave himself, for xx amount of years
to a white franchise owner, either.

He sold himself to a white man and has no problem,
placidly accepting their hate, for the right amount of money!

Not standing for the anthem, disrespects veterans
and has nothing to do with his issues
Call someone who cares...
I don't recall asking you
for your permission to insert my 2¢!

I'm not getting emotional, seems like you are

He can kneel and people can boycott
Money talks and bullshit walks
Let's see what happens when club owners profits are effected

Youre the retarded monkey. Let me clear up your confusion for you.

All whites are not racist so his problem is with racist whites. in mathematical terms racist whites are a subset of whites. Is the mental fog lifting now?

Forum List

Back