Is the Bible the inerrent word of God?

Haha, what a bunch of cheap used car salesman garbage...
Shhhh!

I'm trying to trick the dumb mark into using his own brain instead of waiting for God to wipe his ass.

why don't you just keep on pretending that you are a great thinker.

That will surely seal the deal....

Bwahaha!

And as soon as he does, you will just tell him he got it all wrong. Which is fine....opinions differ. That's kind of the rub with your magical bullshit...no way to tell who is right and who is wrong...

No way of telling who is right or wrong? You do have my condolences. Thats a fucked up place to hang your hat, if you don't mind me saying so.

I tell you what. The next time you are out walking in the garden and spot a serpent, take him home and try to have a conversation with him.

See if he is as crafty as the bible makes him out to be.

If after 20 years you haven't heard a thing, maybe you should try another approach or at least double check your notes about the speaking abilities of snakes..

If you keep on looking eventually you will discover the truth.

100% money back guarantee!

That's correct, no way to tell. That's why you spend so much time prancing and dancing in this argument with Christians, which always end up the same way: you're all full of shit.

Compare that to an argument of whether or not an electric current induces a magnetic field. Only one "opinion" is correct, and there is an objective method to tell which one it is.

Yes, there is no way to tell. And that is precisely why you always degenerate into a pissy little bitch, claiming nothing but your own authority as the reason your opinion is not just opinion, but objective fact.

Hey if you want to go through life not knowing whether a serpent can talk or if it is a metaphor for a type of human being thats fine with me...

You will never convince me that I don't know the difference between true and false.

I've been to the reptile aquarium.....and someone once tried to get me to eat Jesus in the form of a cheap snack food.

I can smell talking serpents sneaking up from a mile away.

You can't even tell if you've been bitten.....

I'm fine with that.

What a bunch of self-soothing pap. The issue, of course, is whether or not your very specific interpretations (which actually change as the wind blows, because you are full of shit) are "absolutely correct", as you claim. Not whether or not they are literal or metaphor. You are not a very honest person.

Cz writes "I dispute that characterisation, and demonstrated the circumstances under which I will easily change my position."

Yep, you wrote it, but you don't mean it.

You need to find out for yourself by yourself, but you are far too proud (and scared) to do that.

The way I see it, scripture clearly specifies the steps necessary to take before a person evolves into a creature capable of experiencing the actual presence of God, not as a concept or hypothetical construct representative of life but as an actual living being whose existence is absolute.

If they do not take those steps its really extremely dishonest for them to continue to claim that there is no proof for the existence of God or means by which they could find out the truth for themselves.

Its like one person claiming that they have found the elixir of life and then another comes along disputing the claim without ever taking so much as a sip....

If this guy was so interested in finding out the truth about whether God exists or not he would be asking what he should do to find the truth not regurgitating the stupid line that someone else has to prove something to him and then he'll believe.

lol...
"Scripture" creates a circular argument circumstance. In order to "experience" God, you must first believe that God exists, and let that believe give you "feels", then the "feels" will "prove" God's existence to you. That's not proof of God; it is proof of a willingness to allow yourself to make an emotional response to stimuli, and assign more significance to that emotional response than is warranted.
Don't put words into my mouth professor.

I never said that you have to first believe in God to experience God. And I said nothing about getting inebriated by the 'feelings" of any maudlin religion.

You can doubt all you like for as long as it takes .

If you want to know what you need to do to prepare your mind to perceive the reality of God as he actually is, all you have to do is ask.

Grow a set.

No one whose balls have been crushed can become a member of the assembly of the Lord.

ITS THE LAW!
You see, this shit may work on the young, and impressionable, but I spent years asking "God" to "prepare me", to "speak to me", to "demonstrate his divine presence" in my life. And...nothing. Now, I know, you'll say that that was all my own fault. I obviously wasn't sincere, or didn't pray hard enough, or have enough faith, or whatever. But the bottom line is that what you're telling me I need to do I did, and the only "truth" that was revealed was that no one was listening.

That was when I understood that, if I wanted proof of God, it was going to have to be found in objective, verifiable evidence. I have spent the last 2 decades looking for that evidence. I haven't found any yet.

Well, thanks for sharing.

Anyway, I didn't ask about whether you asked God to prepare you, I asked if you wanted to know what you must do to prepare your mind for proof of God.

What did you do to prepare yourself for a divine revelation? Did you observe kosher law by eating or abstaining from certain food? Did you pray to a three in one edible mangod? Did you confess to being a worthless piece of shit and beg God for forgiveness for being a filthy human? Did you repent for having touched yourself in an impure manner while fantasizing about sister Mary Margaret?

Did you in any way even attempt to understand and then conform to the teachings of Jesus?

Did you ever take a critical and honest look within the depths of your own befuddled mind to cleanse it from everything that might be a cause of stumbling in thought and perception?

If so, how? When? Or have you just been waiting 20 years for God to change your diaper and still nothing, wa wa wa.

Like I have said before mr scientist, if you want to conduct an experiment to discover the truth of something you must first sterilize and calibrate all of the instruments that you intend to use otherwise the results could be contaminated misleading or false.

In the same way your mind is the only instrument available to you to conduct such an inquiry.

If you don't have the courage to explore your own mind to remove all possible contaminants you will never find God by some other means, much less develop the substance required to stand in his presence.
So, when one "properly attunes" their mind, they will find God? You know who else said that? Timothy Leary. Of he said that doing so would bring you into oneness with the universe - same message, different verbiage. He suggested that good drugs were a nice short-cut to "opening your mind". Would agree with his assessment?

I never said that you have to first believe in God to experience God. And I said nothing about getting inebriated by the 'feelings" of any maudlin religion.

If you want to know what you need to do to prepare your mind to perceive the reality of God as he actually is, all you have to do is ask.

Grow a set.

No one whose balls have been crushed can become a member of the assembly of the Lord.

ITS THE LAW!
You see, this shit may work on the young, and impressionable, but I spent years asking "God" to "prepare me", to "speak to me", to "demonstrate his divine presence" in my life. And...nothing. Now, I know, you'll say that that was all my own fault. I obviously wasn't sincere, or didn't pray hard enough, or have enough faith, or whatever. But the bottom line is that what you're telling me I need to do I did, and the only "truth" that was revealed was that no one was listening.

That was when I understood that, if I wanted proof of God, it was going to have to be found in objective, verifiable evidence. I have spent the last 2 decades looking for that evidence. I haven't found any yet.

Anyway, I didn't ask about whether you asked God to prepare you, I asked if you wanted to know what you must do to prepare your mind for proof of God.

What did you do to prepare yourself for a divine revelation? Did you observe kosher law by eating or abstaining from certain food? Did you pray to a three in one edible mangod? Did you confess to being a worthless piece of shit and beg God for forgiveness for being a filthy human? Did you repent for having touched yourself in an impure manner while fantasizing about sister Mary Margaret?

Did you in any way even attempt to understand and then conform to the teachings of Jesus?

Did you ever take a critical and honest look within the depths of your own befuddled mind to cleanse it from everything that might be a cause of stumbling in thought and perception?

If so, how? When? Or have you just been waiting 20 years for God to change your diaper and still nothing, wa wa wa.

Like I have said before mr scientist, if you want to conduct an experiment to discover the truth of something you must first sterilize and calibrate all of the instruments that you intend to use otherwise the results could be contaminated misleading or false.

In the same way your mind is the only instrument available to you to conduct such an inquiry.

If you don't have the courage to explore your own mind to remove all possible contaminants you will never find God by some other means, much less develop the substance required to stand in his presence.

Shhhh!

I'm trying to trick the dumb mark into using his own brain instead of waiting for God to wipe his ass.

Bwahaha!

And as soon as he does, you will just tell him he got it all wrong. Which is fine....opinions differ. That's kind of the rub with your magical bullshit...no way to tell who is right and who is wrong...
Well, you see, that's the point, Fort. No matter what I did, I did it wrong. That's why I never "heard God". It couldn't possibly be that there is no God to hear, so it must be that I "did it wrong", no matter what I did.

Shhhh!

Bwahaha!

Well, you see, that's the point, Fort. No matter what I did, I did it wrong. That's why I never "heard God". It couldn't possibly be that there is no God to hear, so it must be that I "did it wrong", no matter what I did.

And, even if you did hear gods and fairies and demons and wizards, you would find you were still wrong about all of it, according to Hobelim. He fancies himself to be a divine prophet, in possession of the absolute truth.

Cz writes "I dispute that characterisation, and demonstrated the circumstances under which I will easily change my position."

Yep, you wrote it, but you don't mean it.

You need to find out for yourself by yourself, but you are far too proud (and scared) to do that.

The way I see it, scripture clearly specifies the steps necessary to take before a person evolves into a creature capable of experiencing the actual presence of God, not as a concept or hypothetical construct representative of life but as an actual living being whose existence is absolute.

If they do not take those steps its really extremely dishonest for them to continue to claim that there is no proof for the existence of God or means by which they could find out the truth for themselves.

Its like one person claiming that they have found the elixir of life and then another comes along disputing the claim without ever taking so much as a sip....

If this guy was so interested in finding out the truth about whether God exists or not he would be asking what he should do to find the truth not regurgitating the stupid line that someone else has to prove something to him and then he'll believe.

lol...
"Scripture" creates a circular argument circumstance. In order to "experience" God, you must first believe that God exists, and let that believe give you "feels", then the "feels" will "prove" God's existence to you. That's not proof of God; it is proof of a willingness to allow yourself to make an emotional response to stimuli, and assign more significance to that emotional response than is warranted.

Grow a set.

ITS THE LAW!

what you must do to prepare your mind for proof of God.

from antiquity, and just general purpose - the triumph of good vs evil is all that is required for admission to the Everlasting whether ever hearing from the Almighty or not ...

I've said it before hob, you need to burn that 4th century book - its totally corrupt.

they now claim j:316 (no one comes to the Father except through me) is an edited addition after the 10th century, not found in the earlier books - it's obvious, those that do not see the forgery whatabout them ... they become the zombie attackdogs of "christianity" - its how that has been working since the 4th, the evil's in the book.

lol...

Grow a set.

ITS THE LAW!

So, when one "properly attunes" their mind, they will find God? You know who else said that? Timothy Leary. Of he said that doing so would bring you into oneness with the universe - same message, different verbiage. He suggested that good drugs were a nice short-cut to "opening your mind". Would agree with his assessment?

Let me put it this way. Everyone is born with a pure mind. There are no evil thoughts unsubstantiated assumptions prejudices, fantasies, jealousies, anger, hostility, etc., like a vast and empty sea with no fish swimming around. As the child grows ideas, good and evil, are put in the head by parents, siblings, teachers, friends, enemies, advertisers, assholes, morons and dingbats. Many thoughts are replaced or built upon as time goes by. Some thoughts merge into perversions, some are predatory thoughts, some are self-negating, some thoughts become monstrous obsessions like whales, end even thoughts that seems to have died off are just swimming around haphazardly affecting the formation of ideas in the depths of your mind below the range of conscious perception.

Unless you have thrown a big net into the ocean of your mind and dragged it ashore teeming with ideas that like all sorts of fish were inhabiting your consciousness and then methodically sorted it all out, keeping the good fish and throwing the worthless fish away, you have not properly attuned your mind.

Timothy Leary taught that the brain was a tool, or an instrument, I agree.

As far as drugs go, I don't think people who have altered states of consciousness induced by starving yourself for forty days and forty nights have hallucinations that are more real than people who have altered states of consciousness induced by drugs.

Studies have shown that hallucinogenics can be beneficial treatment for a range of mental health issues.

Last edited:

Grow a set.

ITS THE LAW!

Let me put it this way. Everyone is born with a pure mind. There are no evil thoughts unsubstantiated assumptions prejudices, fantasies, jealousies, anger, hostility, etc., like a vast and empty sea with no fish swimming around. As the child grows ideas, good and evil, are put in the head by parents, siblings, teachers, friends, enemies, advertisers, assholes, morons and dingbats. Many thoughts are replaced or built upon as time goes by. Some thoughts merge into perversions, some are predatory thoughts, some are self-negating, some thoughts become monstrous obsessions like whales, end even thoughts that seems to have died off are just swimming around haphazardly affecting the formation of ideas in the depths of your mind below the range of conscious perception.

Unless you have thrown a big net into the ocean of your mind and dragged it ashore teeming with ideas that like all sorts of fish were inhabiting your consciousness and then methodically sorted it all out, keeping the good fish and throwing the worthless fish away, you have not properly attuned your mind.
It's interesting that you bring up children. Do you know what else children, particularly infants and toddlers demonstrate no concept of? Gods, spirits, the supernatural. These are not fears that children have until they are taught them. So, if your suggestion is that we need to "return" to the "purity" of infancy, then would that not also dictate that we return to godlessness? To abandon these false notions of the supernatural that we were taught? Return to the purer, more natural state of reason.

Grow a set.

ITS THE LAW!

It's interesting that you bring up children. Do you know what else children, particularly infants and toddlers demonstrate no concept of? Gods, spirits, the supernatural. These are not fears that children have until they are taught them. So, if your suggestion is that we need to "return" to the "purity" of infancy, then would that not also dictate that we return to godlessness? To abandon these false notions of the supernatural that we were taught? Return to the purer, more natural state of reason.
Yes of course. Exactly.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that a loving and benevolent God would want people to know a way to rid themselves of all that detrimentally affects their quality of life?

Believing in supernatural events that never happened and expecting supernatural events that will never occur all the while oblivious to what is actually taking place isn't really living at all.

Would any supposedly supreme being need anything from human beings at all much less anything that resembles what people currently define as worship?

Last edited:

Yes of course. Exactly.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that a loving and benevolent God would want people to know a way to rid themselves of all that detrimentally affects their quality of life?

Believing in supernatural events that never happened and expecting supernatural events that will never occur all the while oblivious to what is actually taking place isn't really living at all.

Would any supposedly supreme being need anything from human beings at all much less anything that resembles what people currently define as worship?
Sooo...God loves us so much, that he wants us to return ourselves to a state wherein we no longer believe in him? Then why isn't your God speaking to me? I'm there already?

Yes of course. Exactly.

Sooo...God loves us so much, that he wants us to return ourselves to a state wherein we no longer believe in him? Then why isn't your God speaking to me? I'm there already?

Because you have to MAKE yourself listen. Then, you have to MAKE yourself hear. God sure is lazy, isn't he?

Yes of course. Exactly.

Close but no cigar.

Its more about being restored to a rational mind where you no longer believe in that which is not God. Some people pretend to know all about God and have the audacity to speak for him without ever seeing or hearing a single word from him in their entire lives even if they never ate bacon or drank several vats of communion wine every other Sunday and high holiday.

Why isn't God speaking to you? Who can say.

If someone dressed in filthy rags came knocking on my door in the middle of the night reeking of cheap wine and vomit expecting some puerile petty tyrant to answer I would shut the door in their face and throw them out into the darkness too.

Maybe you should take a bath find some clean clothes to wear or try a new perfume..

Last edited:
Do you know what else children, particularly infants and toddlers demonstrate no concept of? Gods, spirits, the supernatural. These are not fears that children have until they are taught them.

link - as whatother world is there for them than the supernatural - that you have lost ... the instillment of organized religions - irregardless any pretension for an Almighty being required.

I like what this article calls the "dynamic" theory of inerrancy:

The Modern Inerrancy Debate

The best way of understanding inspiration that takes into consideration these factors is a dynamic theory of inspiration that tries evenly to balance human and divine involvement in Scripture. For me, the method or mode of inspiration is not nearly as crucial as the fact or process of inspiration. And I see the locus of inspiration neither in the physical text itself nor in single writers, but in the message of Scripture, what it tells us about God, about ourselves, and about how we relate to God. These three factors lie at the heart of the nature of Scripture, its purpose, and its overarching content. It is not just inspiration of God in the message as a collection of facts, but inspiration operative in the message as a witness to the transforming and enabling power of God’s grace in the lives of people!

(excerpt, read the whole article)

In other words, the Bible is inerrant in the sense of its message (God's desire to redeem mankind through the Gospel), but not necessarily 100% inerrant or accurate in matters of history or science.

The best way of understanding inspiration that takes into consideration these factors is a dynamic theory of inspiration that tries evenly to balance human and divine involvement in Scripture. For me, the method or mode of inspiration is not nearly as crucial as the fact or process of inspiration. And I see the locus of inspiration neither in the physical text itself nor in single writers, but in the message of Scripture, what it tells us about God, about ourselves, and about how we relate to God. These three factors lie at the heart of the nature of Scripture, its purpose, and its overarching content. It is not just inspiration of God in the message as a collection of facts, but inspiration operative in the message as a witness to the transforming and enabling power of God’s grace in the lives of people!

In other words, the Bible is inerrant in the sense of its message (God's desire to redeem mankind through the Gospel), but not necessarily 100% inerrant or accurate in matters of history or science.
A distinction without a difference.

Given the fact that the bible’s ‘message’ is the creation of man, it is likewise errant, the consequence of man’s imperfection.

People who voted for Trump are "modern Christians".

They don't believe in all that tell the truth stuff and that help the disabled stuff and support children stuff.

No,

Modern American Christians say fuk 'em, let 'em die, it's not my kid, and they like to lie, a lot.

Like it or not, 'all heads will bow, all knees will bend, and all mouths will confess that the Lord is God'.
All we are waiting on is the revelation of 'that Man of Sin'.

"Dynamics theory" = "This is all bullshit and we can adjust it to mean whatever we want it to mean, as new information undermines our current bullshit story."

I have noticed that in several discussions I have with Christians, the point of contention seems to be in attempting to separate the Bible into two parts - the part that must be accepted as accurate (The New Testament), and the part that doesn't (The Old Testament).

So, I have a question. The creation Truth Foundation, in their statement of faith, claims, “The unique divine inspiration of all the canonical books of the Old and New Testaments as originally given, so that they are infallibly and uniquely authoritative and free from error of any sort, in all matters with which they deal, scientific and historical as well as moral and theological.

I would ask the Christians on this forum if they agree with that statement, bearing in mind:

First, they make no distinction between the Old, and the New Testament, and
Second, paying particular attention to the highlighted portion.

You sadly misunderstood every conversation you had about the Bible apparently.

The bible indeed has been corrupted and is not the word of God only Jesu can be the word of God and why he said he would send the holy spirit to teach us ... he knew what man would corrupt (satan)

Forum List

Back