Is the Bible the inerrent word of God?

Cz writes "I dispute that characterisation, and demonstrated the circumstances under which I will easily change my position."

Yep, you wrote it, but you don't mean it.

You need to find out for yourself by yourself, but you are far too proud (and scared) to do that.
Now you're just trolling. I have no time for trolls. Trolls go on ignore. Good bye.

Cz writes "I dispute that characterisation, and demonstrated the circumstances under which I will easily change my position."

You need to find out for yourself by yourself, but you are far too proud (and scared) to do that.

The way I see it, scripture clearly specifies the steps necessary to take before a person evolves into a creature capable of experiencing the actual presence of God, not as a concept or hypothetical construct representative of life but as an actual living being whose existence is absolute.

If they do not take those steps its really extremely dishonest for them to continue to claim that there is no proof for the existence of God or means by which they could find out the truth for themselves.

Its like one person claiming that they have found the elixir of life and then another comes along disputing the claim without ever taking so much as a sip....

If this guy was so interested in finding out the truth about whether God exists or not he would be asking what he should do to find the truth not regurgitating the stupid line that someone else has to prove something to him and then he'll believe.

lol...
"Scripture" creates a circular argument circumstance. In order to "experience" God, you must first believe that God exists, and let that believe give you "feels", then the "feels" will "prove" God's existence to you. That's not proof of God; it is proof of a willingness to allow yourself to make an emotional response to stimuli, and assign more significance to that emotional response than is warranted.

Now you're just trolling. I have no time for trolls. Trolls go on ignore. Good bye.
You can't answer my points is your problem not mine.

The way I see it, scripture clearly specifies the steps necessary to take before a person evolves into a creature capable of experiencing the actual presence of God, not as a concept or hypothetical construct representative of life but as an actual living being whose existence is absolute.

If they do not take those steps its really extremely dishonest for them to continue to claim that there is no proof for the existence of God or means by which they could find out the truth for themselves.

Its like one person claiming that they have found the elixir of life and then another comes along disputing the claim without ever taking so much as a sip....

If this guy was so interested in finding out the truth about whether God exists or not he would be asking what he should do to find the truth not regurgitating the stupid line that someone else has to prove something to him and then he'll believe.

lol...
"Scripture" creates a circular argument circumstance. In order to "experience" God, you must first believe that God exists, and let that believe give you "feels", then the "feels" will "prove" God's existence to you. That's not proof of God; it is proof of a willingness to allow yourself to make an emotional response to stimuli, and assign more significance to that emotional response than is warranted.
Don't put words into my mouth professor.

I never said that you have to first believe in God to experience God. And I said nothing about getting inebriated by the 'feelings" of any maudlin religion.

You can doubt all you like for as long as it takes .

If you want to know what you need to do to prepare your mind to perceive the reality of God as he actually is, all you have to do is ask.

Grow a set.

No one whose balls have been crushed can become a member of the assembly of the Lord.

ITS THE LAW!

Last edited:
You are caught in your own tautology of logic. You are having rea problems today. Hobelim has held the mirror of reality up for you to gaze into, and you don't like what you see.

And you stumbled into the problem. Scientific logic is not the standard of proof for belief in deity.

That you don't like the equivalence is not my problem, it is yours.

Believe as you will and give grace to others to do the same.

Jake, none of that is relevant at all to what you and I are talking about. You specifically mentioned two fallacies inthe other poster's argument. I suggested that you explain his fallacies, instead of just saying they exist.

As far as "leaving people to believe what they like"...that is whiny pap. I'm not going door to door with goons asking people what they believe, then beating them into submission if I don't like their answers. Thse people are postijg on an open, public forum, thus inviting scrutiny of their beliefs. For you to characterize exchange of ideas typed on a screen as some sort of "oppression" is, in this case, absurd.

What I have written is absolutely relevant. Your standards are for evaluating the natural world, FFI, and cannot possibly comprehend a supernatural world.

So argue and opine all you want, and I will smile and say "peace to you."

lol...

I never said that you have to first believe in God to experience God. And I said nothing about getting inebriated by the 'feelings" of any maudlin religion.

If you want to know what you need to do to prepare your mind to perceive the reality of God as he actually is, all you have to do is ask.

Grow a set.

No one whose balls have been crushed can become a member of the assembly of the Lord.

ITS THE LAW!
You see, this shit may work on the young, and impressionable, but I spent years asking "God" to "prepare me", to "speak to me", to "demonstrate his divine presence" in my life. And...nothing. Now, I know, you'll say that that was all my own fault. I obviously wasn't sincere, or didn't pray hard enough, or have enough faith, or whatever. But the bottom line is that what you're telling me I need to do I did, and the only "truth" that was revealed was that no one was listening.

That was when I understood that, if I wanted proof of God, it was going to have to be found in objective, verifiable evidence. I have spent the last 2 decades looking for that evidence. I haven't found any yet.

What I have written is absolutely relevant. Your standards are for evaluating the natural world, FFI, and cannot possibly comprehend a supernatural world.

So argue and opine all you want, and I will smile and say "peace to you."

Again, none of that is relevant to the simple request. You named two fallacies in his argument. I suggested that you explain them. As the rules of logic are objective, the evaluation of your reponse will have nothing to do with any belief in gods or lack thereof possessed by anyone here.

I assume this is you saying you aren't going to explain the fallacies. You could have just said so directly.

You can't answer my points is your problem not mine.
I answered your point, and you called me a liar. That's trolling.

lol...

Grow a set.

ITS THE LAW!
You see, this shit may work on the young, and impressionable, but I spent years asking "God" to "prepare me", to "speak to me", to "demonstrate his divine presence" in my life. And...nothing. Now, I know, you'll say that that was all my own fault. I obviously wasn't sincere, or didn't pray hard enough, or have enough faith, or whatever. But the bottom line is that what you're telling me I need to do I did, and the only "truth" that was revealed was that no one was listening.

That was when I understood that, if I wanted proof of God, it was going to have to be found in objective, verifiable evidence. I have spent the last 2 decades looking for that evidence. I haven't found any yet.
Cz you can try to find God however you want, but the standards of proof for the natural world do not work for the supernatural world.

You found none for the latter by the standards of the former. You have confirmed that.

I did not say you were lying, I said what you would do what you did. You would not believe. And I was right.

You don't like to be contradicted is your problem. So peace unto you, and let's leave it at that.

lol...

Grow a set.

ITS THE LAW!

Cz you can try to find God however you want, but the standards of proof for the natural world to work for the supernatural world.

You found any for the latter by the standards of the former. You have confirmed that.

I did not say you were lying, I said what you would do. You would not believe. And I was right.

You don't like be contradicted is your problem. So peace unto you, and let's leave it at that.

You are stumbling over a nugget of truth:

It is absurd to demand or even to seek "evidence" of magic, like gods and fairies and magic spells. Inherently, there can be no evidence of such things, as magic itself defies the standards of determinism, which is a necessary criterion for something to be evidence.

So asking for evidence of magic is folly.

I wrote above (edited): Cz you can try to find God however you want, but the standards of proof for the natural world do not work for the supernatural world.

You found none for the latter by the standards of the former. You have confirmed that.

I did not say you were lying, I said what you would do what you did. You would not believe. And I was right.

You don't like to be contradicted is your problem. So peace unto you, and let's leave it at that.

and I add now

Cz, believe as you wish, but your argumentation has no merit in the world of faith and deity.

You can run around shouting folly all you want, but . . . it does not matter. Peace to you.

lol...

Grow a set.

ITS THE LAW!

Well, thanks for sharing.

Anyway, I didn't ask about whether you asked God to prepare you, I asked if you wanted to know what you must do to prepare your mind for proof of God.

What did you do to prepare yourself for a divine revelation? Did you observe kosher law by eating or abstaining from certain food? Did you pray to a three in one edible mangod? Did you confess to being a worthless piece of shit and beg God for forgiveness for being a filthy human? Did you repent for having touched yourself in an impure manner while fantasizing about sister Mary Margaret?

Did you in any way even attempt to understand and then conform to the teachings of Jesus?

Did you ever take a critical and honest look within the depths of your own befuddled mind to cleanse it from everything that might be a cause of stumbling in thought and perception?

If so, how? When? Or have you just been waiting 20 years for God to change your diaper and still nothing, wa wa wa.

Like I have said before mr scientist, if you want to conduct an experiment to discover the truth of something you must first sterilize and calibrate all of the instruments that you intend to use otherwise the results could be contaminated misleading or false.

In the same way your mind is the only instrument available to you to conduct such an inquiry.

If you don't have the courage to explore your own mind to remove all possible contaminants you will never find God by some other means, much less develop the substance required to stand in his presence.

Last edited:

lol...

Grow a set.

ITS THE LAW!

Anyway, I didn't ask about whether you asked God to prepare you, I asked if you wanted to know what you must do to prepare your mind for proof of God.

What did you do to prepare yourself for a divine revelation? Did you observe kosher law by eating or abstaining from certain food? Did you pray to a three in one edible mangod? Did you confess to being a worthless piece of shit and beg God for forgiveness for being a filthy human? Did you repent for having touched yourself in an impure manner while fantasizing about sister Mary Margaret?

Did you in any way even attempt to understand and then conform to the teachings of Jesus?

Did you ever take a critical and honest look within the depths of your own befuddled mind to cleanse it from everything that might be a cause of stumbling in thought and perception?

If so, how? When? Or have you just been waiting 20 years for God to change your diaper and still nothing, wa wa wa.

Like I have said before mr scientist, if you want to conduct an experiment to discover the truth of something you must first sterilize and calibrate all of the instruments that you intend to use otherwise the results could be contaminated misleading or false.

In the same way your mind is the only instrument available to you to conduct such an inquiry.

If you don't have the courage to explore your own mind to remove all possible contaminants you will never find God by some other means, much less develop the substance required to stand in his presence.

Haha, what a bunch of cheap used car salesman garbage...

lol...

Grow a set.

ITS THE LAW!

Shhhh!

I'm trying to trick the dumb mark into using his own brain instead of waiting for God to wipe his ass.

why don't you just keep on pretending that you are a great thinker.

That will surely seal the deal....

Bwahaha!

Grow a set.

ITS THE LAW!

Shhhh!

I'm trying to trick the dumb mark into using his own brain instead of waiting for God to wipe his ass.

Bwahaha!

And as soon as he does, you will just tell him he got it all wrong. Which is fine....opinions differ. That's kind of the rub with your magical bullshit...no way to tell who is right and who is wrong...

Grow a set.

ITS THE LAW!

Shhhh!

Bwahaha!

And as soon as he does, you will just tell him he got it all wrong. Which is fine....opinions differ. That's kind of the rub with your magical bullshit...no way to tell who is right and who is wrong...

No way of telling who is right or wrong? You do have my condolences. Thats a fucked up place to hang your hat, if you don't mind me saying so.

I tell you what. The next time you are out walking in the garden and spot a serpent, take him home and try to have a conversation with him.

See if he is as crafty as the bible makes him out to be.

If after 20 years you haven't heard a thing, maybe you should try another approach or at least double check your notes about the speaking abilities of snakes..

If you keep on looking eventually you will discover the truth.

100% money back guarantee!

Shhhh!

Bwahaha!

No way of telling who is right or wrong? You do have my condolences. Thats a fucked up place to hang your hat, if you don't mind me saying so.

I tell you what. The next time you are out walking in the garden and spot a serpent, take him home and try to have a conversation with him.

If after 20 years you haven't heard a thing, maybe you should try another approach or at least double check your notes about the speaking abilities of snakes..

That's correct, no way to tell. That's why you spend so much time prancing and dancing in this argument with Christians, which always end up the same way: you're all full of shit.

Compare that to an argument of whether or not an electric current induces a magnetic field. Only one "opinion" is correct, and there is an objective method to tell which one it is.

Yes, there is no way to tell. And that is precisely why you always degenerate into a pissy little bitch, claiming nothing but your own authority as the reason your opinion is not just opinion, but objective fact.

Shhhh!

Bwahaha!

That's correct, no way to tell. That's why you spend so much time prancing and dancing in this argument with Christians, which always end up the same way: you're all full of shit.

Compare that to an argument of whether or not an electric current induces a magnetic field. Only one "opinion" is correct, and there is an objective method to tell which one it is.

Yes, there is no way to tell. And that is precisely why you always degenerate into a pissy little bitch, claiming nothing but your own authority as the reason your opinion is not just opinion, but objective fact.

Hey if you want to go through life not knowing whether a serpent can talk or if it is a metaphor for a type of human being thats fine with me...

You will never convince me that I don't know the difference between true and false.

I've been to the reptile aquarium.....and someone once tried to get me to eat Jesus in the form of a cheap snack food.

I can smell talking serpents sneaking up from a mile away.

You can't even tell if you've been bitten.....

I'm fine with that.

Forum List

Back