Is Rick Perry Dumb?

You can't be dumb and govern a state for 10 years like Perry did. Only a partisan hack would suggest it. Get ready for the most vicious partisan political campaigns in history. The dems cannot run on their record so they will smear the repubs with anything they can, and make stuff up and smear 'em with that if they can't find anything that's true.

I agree.

Barry doesn't have much of a record to run on. I don't expect him to trot out that clusterfuck HC bill. You know, the one that got crammed down the throats of Americans. I do expect to hear all about UBL and he will probably try to tout his stimulus bill as a real job producer. Good luck with that.

He ain't got much to brag on so I do believe the LSM which if firmly behind this bozo will take every opportunity to smear the other side any way they can.

Yeah. I think its gonna be one tough year for the other side.

You can't be dumb and govern a state for 10 years like Perry did. Only a partisan hack would suggest it. Get ready for the most vicious partisan political campaigns in history. The dems cannot run on their record so they will smear the repubs with anything they can, and make stuff up and smear 'em with that if they can't find anything that's true.

I agree.

Barry doesn't have much of a record to run on. I don't expect him to trot out that clusterfuck HC bill. You know, the one that got crammed down the throats of Americans. I do expect to hear all about UBL and he will probably try to tout his stimulus bill as a real job producer. Good luck with that.

He ain't got much to brag on so I do believe the LSM which if firmly behind this bozo will take every opportunity to smear the other side any way they can.

Well, it'll be interesting to see if it works. I'm not sure the American public is to thrilled with the political BS that goes on, it may be that straight talk and better ideas will win the day.

I agree.

Well, it'll be interesting to see if it works. I'm not sure the American public is to thrilled with the political BS that goes on, it may be that straight talk and better ideas will win the day.

Straight talk and better ideas wins every day..........as opposed to 'hope and change' and terrible ideas losing every day.

Is Rick Perry dumb? - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Strip away the euphemisms and Rick Perry is confronting an unavoidable question: Is he dumb — or just “misunderestimated?”

Doubts about Perry’s intellect have hounded him since he was first elected as a state legislator nearly three decades ago. In Austin, he’s been derided as a right-place, right-time pol who looks the part but isn’t so deep — “Gov. Goodhair.” Now, with the chatter picking back up among his enemies and taking flight in elite Republican circles, the rap threatens to follow him to the national stage.

“He’s like Bush only without the brains,” cracked one former Republican governor who knows Perry, repeating a joke that has made the rounds.

Read more: Is Rick Perry dumb? - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

How could anyone consider him dumb?

He's never lost an election. If that's the right place right time, then that makes him smart enought to strike at the right time.

TX has one of the best, if not thee best state economy.

And now he's the front runner for the GOP nod.

Applying just the most basic of common sense would tell you other wise.

OP doesn't stereotype much (using the word 'dumb'), does it? Non-Ivy-League grad, ex-Air force Captain, Texas Governor.....is 'dumb' all the left has?

Perry's also leading in the trailer park polls. Now, don't bother me. I gotta go duct tape the leak in my dump hose.

OK

Rick Perry, George Bush and Michele Bachmann are on Jeopardy...

Who wins?

My money is on Bush

OK

Who wins?

My money is on Bush

I'd be more interested in watching you, TM, and rdean...

Not sure who would win...

Does someone actually "win" when all three are in negative numbers?

:dunno:

No, but you do get a new cell phone with Weird Al's "I lost on Jeapardy" and the ringtone.

OK

Who wins?

My money is on Bush

I'd be more interested in watching you, TM, and rdean...

Not sure who would win...

Does someone actually "win" when all three are in negative numbers?

:dunno:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTOCSpGwea8&playnext=1&list=PLFC10389E60608CF7]SNL - Celebrity Jeopardy (Sean connery, Tom Cruise, Adam Sandler) - YouTube[/ame]

So kids, let's recap the Democrat platform for 2012:

George Bush ______________________________
Palin's a bimbo
Rick Perry is dumb
Mitt Romney is a Mormon and Bachman's crazy.

Gee. not one mention of Obama and his achievements....

Palin's a bimbo
Rick Perry is dumb

Don't forget the TeaTards

Palin's a bimbo
Rick Perry is dumb

Don't forget the TeaTards

Oh definately...

The Tea Partiers are racists.

There ya go. The final leg of the Democrats Algonquin Round table.

Nice try to deflect away from your own hypocricy in those 2 posts by trying to derail this into something about bush!

I dont care for bush, I liked his tax policy and his war on terror policies (sans the patriot act) but that was it.

Lets bring this back to where it started since you got so far off track ;)

What deflect? I addressed the points pretty much head on.

I never posted that Bush was a moron. I addressed your "pilot" thing..and why I thought Bush's presidency was incompetent.

As to Perry? Yeah..he is stupid.

His stewardship of Texas is not at all impressive given it's sorry state. And any "success" has come from government spending, which interesting enough, Perry evoked the option to secede over before he so uncermoniously used to to plug up his budget holes.

Perry's statements during his "campaign" have shown him to be a rank amateur who thinks the rest of the country is like Texas. Newsflash..it isn't.

So if he was able to achieve great success by using government funds to create jobs in his state at a much greater rate than any other state.....then I assume the other 49 governors must be total morons.

I mean...they didnt perform nearly as well as the "dumb guy"

Correct?

The other 49 states don't have oil fields and defense companies in their backyards. Look Perry may have been smart enough not to refuse government contracts but anything not dealing with those industries directly is in dismal shape.

I followed George W. Bush's campaign very closely..and I have to tell you..Bush was a likable guy. Even if you hated everything about conservatives and republicans it's hard not to like Bush. He was quick witted, very charming and he didn't have a racist or bigotted bone in his body. He came off very well in public and in debates. It was the "aw shucks, maybe not the brightest guy in the room" sort of thing that even the most jaded are drawn too. Perry has none of that.

What deflect? I addressed the points pretty much head on.

I never posted that Bush was a moron. I addressed your "pilot" thing..and why I thought Bush's presidency was incompetent.

As to Perry? Yeah..he is stupid.

His stewardship of Texas is not at all impressive given it's sorry state. And any "success" has come from government spending, which interesting enough, Perry evoked the option to secede over before he so uncermoniously used to to plug up his budget holes.

Perry's statements during his "campaign" have shown him to be a rank amateur who thinks the rest of the country is like Texas. Newsflash..it isn't.

So if he was able to achieve great success by using government funds to create jobs in his state at a much greater rate than any other state.....then I assume the other 49 governors must be total morons.

I mean...they didnt perform nearly as well as the "dumb guy"

Correct?

The other 49 states don't have oil fields and defense companies in their backyards. Look Perry may have been smart enough not to refuse government contracts but anything not dealing with those industries directly is in dismal shape.

I followed George W. Bush's campaign very closely..and I have to tell you..Bush was a likable guy. Even if you hated everything about conservatives and republicans it's hard not to like Bush. He was quick witted, very charming and he didn't have a racist or bigotted bone in his body. He came off very well in public and in debates. It was the "aw shucks, maybe not the brightest guy in the room" sort of thing that even the most jaded are drawn too. Perry has none of that.

So, are you saying that the bottom line deciding factor in Presidential elections is charisma?

Forum List

Back